Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Hey, is there a good Imgur extension for Chrome or if I want to post a bunch of comics am I stuck saving and uploading each of them one at a time?
Alternatively, is there a way to save an image on Imgur without having to actually... go to Imgur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I really miss Wallace The Brave from the old thread, it's very sweet and the art is great, and it manages to hit that Cul-de-Sac sweet spot of whimsy and family realism.

So here's a dump of my favorites I saved:

I'll be honest, that snack shack chicken-n-cheese sounds pretty good.

I really like this one in particular.

And because I feel like it, here's the last few days' worth of strips:

Vargo fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 6, 2017

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I think Wizard of Id got a new writer or something, because it's had some pretty relevant and funny gags in the past few months, and I've actually kind of started liking it. Here's the past few days, and handful of samples from December:

1:
(I really like the two-panel throwaway gag here.)

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

I don't know if anyone posts Big Nate in this thread anymore, but I like Big Nate, so here's this week's:

Getting a real Richard Thompson vibe off Wayne there.

Curtis has some clunky dialogue and a lot of SOME GIZMO KIDS WITH THEIR HIPPITY HOPPITY moments, but I like some of the drawings and background gags, and the way Ray Billingsly draws Barry, the younger brother, makes me laugh.

Want that teddy bear.

Bonus because it made think of that Simpsons episode where Milhouse's parents get divorced:

"I sleep in a race car, Homer. Do you get to sleep in a race car?"

"No, I sleep in a big bed with my wife."

Baldo

And since it was requested I keep posting it, today's Wallace the Brave

Wallace's dad owns.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 6, 2017

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh, cool, I didn't know that Wallace the Brave was an RI-based comic!

Also that's a great name for a boat.

So, Wallace and Gil are both in RI, as is Intelligent Life and The Tinkersons, according to that one IL strip. (And because Intelligent Life loves being a Family Guy ripoff at every turn).

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Curtis reminds you that Curtis' dad/Ray Billingsley loving haaaaaaates rap music, which never made sense to me because he's supposed to be, at most, like 45-50, and when he pines for "music they made in my day", he really should be talking about early rap and hip-hop but instead it's some Gilchrist-esque reminiscing about Nat King Cole or some poo poo.

Baldo makes literally the same joke as yesterday's Family Circus:

Big Nate:

Wizard of Id:

And no new Wallace The Brave yet, so here's a thing I found on GoComics' "new comic alert" page instead:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I love Everybody is an rear end in a top hat to Winnie the Pooh but does anyone have the original, unedited Pooh strips? I remember them being absolutely hilarious.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Curtis

Baldo

Big Nate

Still surprisingly good Wizard of Id

Still no Wallace The Brave on GoComics?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Curtis

Baldo

Big Nate

Wizard of Id just wants to care for the animals.

Wallace the Brave is Wallace the badass today:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

SomeMathGuy posted:

Sammy's actually the character who replaced Ebony White because, as I'm sure you're aware, he sort of made Out Our Way's depiction of black people look progressive and nuanced.

WickedHate posted:

So instead of making the black character less racist they just replaced him with a white guy. Great.

Not sure why the Dick Tracy crew just didn't use the modern, Darwyn Cooke verion of Ebony where he's just a young black kid, other than just being really committed to this '40s thing:

But the Darwyn Cooke Spirit books are really good, you should read them.

Speaking of black kids who love horror stories, here's Curtis, not really understanding how "yo momma" jokes work, or cyber-bullying, or basically anything:

ha ha bray ha bray bray ha ha

Baldo

Big Nate is apparently really committing to this "intern" thing.

Wizard of Id got a chuckle out of me:

And still now Wallace. Is he on a M-W-F update schedule?

Vargo fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 11, 2017

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Just gonna drop off some of my comics before I go to bed.

Wallace the Brave by Will "Hi Mom!" Henry

Wizard of Id

Big Nate would probably actually fit in perfectly at a lot of the comic shops I've been to:

RetailBaldo

Curtis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Big Nate

They still sell new stories in the "classic" Archie style, man. You can get your weird cartoony rocks off that way just fine.

Baldo has caught a case of the Gilchrist and needs a full hack-endectomy, stat:

Curtis

And ahahahahaha, Wizard of Id definitely has someone new on the writing staff:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

SomeMathGuy posted:

I don't know who this new writer is but I want them to take over more legacy strips.

So I looked into it, and the "new" writer (since December 2015) is named Mason Mastroianni, and he's the grandson of Wizard of Id's co-creator Johnny Hart. He's also been the artist on Wizard of Id since Hart's death in 2007. He and his brother Mick have another "Todayz Dawg"-type strip called Dogs of C-Kennel, which I will subject you to now and never again because it loving sucks:

Okay, that last one made me laugh, but still. It's pretty clear Mason is the funny one and Mick... well, we're not going to talk about Mick anymore.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 13, 2017

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
The incoherent old-man ramblings of Curtis:

Big Nate maybe doesn't understand the clientele:

There's actually a deaf guy who comes around my local comic shop sometimes dressed as Hulk Hogan, meaning full-90's bright-yellow HULKAMANIA tank top and red bandanna. Not sure why he does it or why he chose the Hulkster, but he taught me the ASL sign for "Brother!"

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Wallace the Brave

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo replaces jokes with sachharine:

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Curtis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo plays around with a cartoon character trope, and stretches one sentence across three panels:

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Curtis comes up with a strip-within-a-strip that is way funnier than the strip itself:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Tiggum already posted today's Curtis, so let's jump into a Baldo where I don't actually understand what the joke is supposed to be?

Big Nate, starring young Cliff Clavin:

Wizard of Id

Wallace The Brave can replacement coach these kids to victory:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo tries to be inspirational and endearing but just makes a Yogi Berra-ism.

Wizard of GOLF JOKE!!!!!

Big Nate:

Cool Hummingbird Fact: Even thought they are some of the smallest birds, hummingbirds are also among the most aggressive. They frequently attack crows and hawks that infringe on their territory.

(PYF Hummingbird fact)

Curtis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Wanderer posted:

Barry from "Curtis" is an irredeemable shithead of a character. I am irrationally angry at this fictional child.

Just for you, we're doing Curtis first today:

Big Nate is trying to hone in on Ripley's territory:

Baldo heard a phrase on TV:

Snow Wizard of Id

Wallace the Brave

Does any other strip (besides maybe Cul De Sac) play around with fonts and lettering the way Wallace does? It's my favorite part of the strip, really gives these sentences personality.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Today's Vargo comics run from "bland" to "infuriating."

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Curtis

And Baldo you smug piece of poo poo

I feel bad that these suck so bad so here's the past couple of days of Baby Blues which I kinda liked.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo just reminds you that Baldo's dad is a great dad isn't he a good dad it's a good family look how good the dad is.

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

(That actually is pretty interesting, tbh.)

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Jesus Christ, I know there are more important things to be mad about in the world right now, but this is such narcissistic "it's the children who are wrong" bullshit that I am actually considering sending an actual old-person letter to the syndicate or to some newspapers, just to prove to JamesAllen that it's not just the internet, I hate you when I log off, too.

It's going to be this, but out of hatred:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo

Ah yes, the technical terms "lunatic" and "airhead."

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Curtis is oddly timely:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

This got me thinking, when was the last time, before this, we actually saw Family Circus mom talk? Feels like it's been months.

Baldo does this sanctimonious bullshit once again:

Big Nate reminds you that there is a character named Chad who is nice and likable, and this is so rare that the other kids consider it a superpower:

Wizard of Id

Curtis

And as a bonus because "what the gently caress", here's yesterday's Beetle Bailey

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I was sick with the flu yesterday, so here's the double-up on these comics.

Baldo

Sooo... Gracie doesn't have a middle name?
And since this strip doesn't tell us what Chita Rivera actually does and thinks the name thing is more important, she is a musical theater actress: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chita_Rivera

Big Nate

Wizard of Id

Curtis decides we need to spend more time with the worst character in Curtis:

Wallace The Brave, as a palate cleanser, introduces us to a new use for Spud's big dumb bucket head:

Vargo fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 24, 2017

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Baldo actually admits that one of its characters is a little annoying!

Wallace the Brave continues being great.

Curtis continues being awful.

And because I think they'll come in handy:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo explains how it is that this precocious little poo poo has any friends to begin with.

Big Nate is doing this still.

Wizard of Id actually makes a pretty funny "cartoon swearing" gag!

Curtis jesus christ Curtis why do you even go out of your way to talk to this girl do you actually like her you talk about how lovely she is all the time what the hell

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave

Curtis makes Barry suddenly the best character.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Wizard of Id

Baldo

Big Nate

Curtis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I am actually interested in the relationships developing in Rex Morgan and Mary Worth, what is happening

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I really like how much this makes them seem like paper dolls.

Baldo

Wizard of Id is really good today.

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave by Wee Willy Henry and oh dear God I love the art in this strip.

Curtis

I dunno man, you gotta figure Stephen King's gotten laid quite a few times. Probably more pre-motorcycle crash.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo improves on a classic.

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

I've decided that on days that Wallace The Brave doesn't update, I'm going to click "Random" and post what comes up, so we're never without Wallace. Today's random strip starts this policy off rather perfectly.

and finally Curtis goes :smith:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave featuring holy crap that little acorn.

Curtis keeps it realer than I think they realize.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

random-button Wallace The Brave

Curtis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

something about the language in this one feels familiar, like I've heard someone ranting about Fred Mertz in a movie or something that Gilchrist is cribbing from.

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace the Brave plus random Halloween Wallace

Curtis once again does that thing where it makes up a Story-Within-A-Story, then makes fun of how bad that story is, even though it's better than anything else that has happened in regular Curtis canon:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Mountaineer posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Big fan of "pie hole."

Baldo

Wizard of Id reminds us that Sports and Politics both exist.

Big Nate teaches the Tinkersons that you don't even necessarily have to show the art in your joke about the art as long as you remember to tell an actual discernible joke goddammit

Double-shot of random Wallace The Brave featuring Wallace's dad-best dad

Curtis featuring a barbershop strip, which is normally better than the regular Curtis strips, but this one's pretty "eh."

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo complains about the internet in the most basic way.

Big Nate goes into PUA territory

Wizard of Id

Wallace The Brave

Curtis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo guy must have really gotten into it with his relatives or somebody, Jesus.

Wizard of Id is an ineffective crime deterrent

Big Nate

random Wallace the Brave featuring Wallace's mom best mom

Curtis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

ukonvasara posted:

ah, there it is, the most punchable face in comics

Today's Big Nate is dedicated to you!

Wizard of Id explains a lot

Baldo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't "Amor is..." be about two naked Latino eight-year-olds who are in love?

Wallace The Brave continues to be the most creative strip on the comics page.

Curtis

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Baldo is still doing this thing where they don't understand how weird the Love Is... comics are, but I'll forgive it because sopapillas are friggin delicious:

Wizard of Id predicts the exciting future of seven years ago

Big Nate is gonna grow up to be one of those guys who sends the exact same Tinder message to every girl he sees.

random Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
By the way, if you wanna ever say "Hi" to Will Henry, he tells you in his "Meet the Artist" page exactly where to find him:

Full thing here: http://www.gocomics.com/news/between-the-panels/647/will-henry-ordinary-bill-wallace-the-brave

• Locked thread