Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I've enjoyed Ballard Street for many years. I used to read it in the Swedish "The Far Side" comic book (called "Larson!") and loved every stupid little thing them dogs and elderly folks were up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Shugojin posted:

Political Ballard Street, or just an accurate portrayal of old people?

This is oddly judgmental for Ballard Street. Then of course, the ones being judged aren't from Ballard Street itself, and really, who can you trust from the outside world?!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

This one really made my blood boil for some reason. It's just so goddamn lazy and smug and FUNKY WINKERBEANY that I just made an audible groan at it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My God, its full of smug!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Shugojin posted:

Dog on car. Dog on car! :mitt: Ballard Street.

The pure, unhinged joy in this picture really brightens my day.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

"The RA has accused you of stealing the TV. You are hereby expelled. This is fitting because you are rumored to have been popular and attractive in high school."

It's so obviously something completely different and mundane that she's confessing to.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Someone called it. Like, 100%.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This Luann storyline went from "this is non of your business really" to "oh God stop this self righteous stalking you poorly written gently caress" in a heartbeat.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Calaveron posted:

Shut the gently caress up Gilchrist

I know this isn't that kind of thread, but this would make an excellent threadtitle.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

So Luann is moving on from the whole stolen-TV thing then? Okidokey.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Funky has hit peak smugness. Anything beyond that would be indistinguishable with Beijing during rush hour.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

I like nothing about Luann.

I think the art is charming enough.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Great comic.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

1: cat mutilation is never funny, Ripley.
2: why did you draw those black things around it? Looks like batwings.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Shugojin posted:

:stare: Ballad Street

This deserve more love. Ballard Street keeps on owning.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ms Boods posted:

Why yes, when I'm focused on writing, I like stopping every 2.30 - 3 minutes to change a 45 rpm record.

And seeing George Harrison in this awful strip* pisses me off. :mad:

*Not Nancy itself, of course, but this travesty of a zombie strip, &c.

You know you've made a good portrait when you have to cover a third of it with a label telling you who it is.

Also, modern Nancy is cancer, it amazes me that it's the same medium as Ballard Street, which is loving balls to the walls awesome.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Jesus, this girl is like a horrible hybrid of my sister and aunt: very nosy and generally awful.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My Lovely Horse posted:

:siren: Chuck Berry died, brace for impact whenever Gilchrist's buffer catches up :siren:

This is literally the worst way to find out about his passing.

You're absolutely right though. It's going to be Cringechrist from here on.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Haifisch posted:

(Go gently caress yourself Gilchrist)

Still prematurely reeling for the upcoming Chuck Berry tribute he'll puke out.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ponies suck, but at least they aren't Trump-supporters.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Green Intern posted:

I don't think Piraro understands what the term Transgender means.

Good intentions, I guess?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This is some CAD animated series level of horrible. Should we start a annotated series?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

One thing that is always true about Luann's plot switching every week is that every Saturday I'm like, "Thank god. Those are the worst people." And then on Monday I'm like, "Aww, poo poo. These are the worst people."

This is so hosed up. Like, really really 100% not cool.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE

So she's utterly terrible, nobody finds out about it, and the Luannverse rewards her for her awfulness. Great.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I always thought Tina's Groove had a cute style to it but these mini-Tinas that are scurrying around are downright adorable!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My Lovely Horse posted:

I kinda feel like if you want to reference oppressive dictatorship these days, there are more timely examples than the South American banana republic.

These ones aren't quite as notorious in the public eye though. Don't think newspapers would like the idea of a cartoon child in North Korean-Buchenwald. Vaguely oppressive South America is much safer.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Maslovo posted:

I made a thing.

You made art.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The daily Luann is really goddamn awful. Like, where the gently caress did that come from?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The bemused way Piro always looked made me assume that they would have him be gay or asexual or something.

Can't wait till Bernice realises he's also kissed that Babylonian Whore aswell! (Tiffany).

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This Dick Tracy storyline went from "cute" to "NOPE" in a heartbeat.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I love how casually he fires that gun. Love it all actually. Great one.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

It means that it took this long for Bernice to figure out that she has nothing in common with Piro, and that he's just good looking and that is all that kept her interest up.

But don't worry, they're about to reveal that Piro has a big dark secret that means that he's not good enough for her anyway.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

andthentheyallfucked.jpg

Also, go gently caress yourself Cringechrist.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

That Bizarro made me chuckle. Sometimes he hits it just right.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Tried to read that wall of Funky Winkerbean but it's too smug, can't see a thing!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

"I heard she hacked her neighbours phone and then tried to dig up information about some guy's personal doctor visits. That's really hosed up, you should abandon that crazyhorse ASAP".

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Did you hear? Bernice is the Zodiac killer! Think about it: ever seen her and Ted Cruz in the same room? Makes you think.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My Luann prediction: Bernice is going to realise she likes the dopey guy (seriously, he notes them as 4 minutes late? That's Bernice-level of asinine) but she gets cold feet because Piro kissed her which means she's legally his now also he's much hotter so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This just got me thinking...are there any Dustin fanfic out there? Comic fanfics at all? Ourtside of the superhero stuff of course.

• Locked thread