Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Ted Forth Still Isn't Feeling It

Skippy (October 14, 1930)

Peanuts (December 13 and 17, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 9-10, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 2, 1931)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Ted Forth Is Starting To Freak Out His Daughter (and not in the usual way)

Skippy (October 15-16, 1930)

Peanuts (December 18-19, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 12-13, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 3 and 6, 1931)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

Skippy (October 17-18 and 20, 1930)

Peanuts (December 14-16 and 20, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

The punchline is that Funky hasn't got the first clue what's going on in his father's life! HA! HA! HA!

Crankshaft

On the website, the emotional payoff was lying on its side, so you had to work for it.

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (July 7-9, 1931)

Out Our Way With The Willets/Wash Tubbs On Sunday (January 13 and 20, 1929)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

Skippy (October 21, 1930)

Peanuts (December 28, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 14-15, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 10, 1931)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

Skippy

catlord posted:

You know, sometimes I read this thread and for one reason or another don't want to put too much effort into it and I'll skim or skip some of the more wordy comics. Unfortunately, because of this, at some point I completely lost the thread on Skippy. What is going on there?

Skippy's trying to organize the rest of the town against a kid mafia. And now, let us pray. (October 22, 1930)

Peanuts (December 29, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

"Didn't you and Les used to have kids?"
"(sign) I don't even know anymore, blondie..."

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 16-17, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 11, 1931)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

For those of you who were fretting about all the small print in Skippy recently, you better get a magnifier. (October 23-24, 1930)

Peanuts (December 21-22, 1970)

Dead Lisa Christmas Jamboree!

Crankshaft

He's taking all that to the graveyard, isn't he. :smith:

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 19-20, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 13-14, 1931)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

Skippy can't come to the strip right now. Please leave a message. (October 25, 1930)

Peanuts (December 23, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft is dragging this out until Christmas Eve.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 21-22, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 15, 1931)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

The Ominous Absence Of Skippy (October 27, 1930)

Peanuts (December 24, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 23-24, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 16, 1931)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

Peanuts (December 27, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

And I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight, "Merry Christmas to all, except for that insufferable rear end in a top hat Les Moore who's breaking his arm to pat himself on the back."

Meanwhile, in Crankshaft...

And, well...it's been forever since I posted my crappy Mafalda translations, but this one seems appropriate for twenty minutes until Christmas Day. Felices fiestas...

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

DECEMBER 25TH

Sally Forth

Skippy's dad delivers the message behind the Jacketeer misadventure. At great length. (October 28, 1930)

Peanuts (December 25, 1930)

This year, Funky Winkerbean gets the gift of knowing that his dad isn't out of his mind.

On the other hand, TomBat gave us the gift of not cramming Les Moore down our throats on the holiest day of the Christian calendar. So yeah, thanks for that.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January February 25-26, 1931)

Thimble Theater gives us the gift of an rear end-whuppin'. (July 17, 1931)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 26, 2017

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth, in which Ted's slowly but surely getting his weird back.

Skippy (Minus Skippy) (October 29, 1930)

Peanuts (December 26, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way: Yesterday, I did that thing again where I skipped a whole month, so when there's a gap a few weeks from now when we really get to February 1931, that's why. (January 27-28, 1931)

Thimble Theater, in which Popeye was almost shot through the heart, but he's getting over it nicely. (July 18, 1931)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

~Coxy posted:

Linus Van Pelt would point out that the holiest day would be Easter.

You could make that case, but whole countries don't grind to a halt for Easter Sunday.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

Skippy (Minus Skippy) (October 30, 1930)

Peanuts (December 30, 1970)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 28-29, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 20, 1931)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

The Continuing Absence of Skippy (October 31-November 1 and 3, 1930)

Peanuts (December 31, 1970, January 1-2, 1971)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (January 30-31, 1931)

Thimble Theater (July 21-23, 1931)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Sally Forth

Peanuts, in which Charlie Brown gets a red flag about his therapist. (January 3, 1971)

Funky Winkerbean

Had them put the video on the WHAT? :bang:

Crankshaft

Up your own rear end?

Out Our Way With The Willets/Wash Tubbs on Sunday (January 27 and February 3, 1929)

That first one works as such a good kiss-off for the old year that I wish I had planned it that way.

• Locked thread