Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I'm shocked we'd be that far

And yet they'd still be on Namek.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The premiere of that Supermansion show is on right now just ended if anyone cares.

Argus Zant posted:

oh, and there's one more tiny detail that got left out of this: once One Punch Man finishes up its run in the 0300 rerun slot at the end of January, Toonami's gonna replace it with Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex.

It's a series loosely related to the famous 1995 movie, meaning that while it's still primarily about Maj. Kusanagi and Section 9, it's got its own continuity and isn't related to the movie outside of the basic concepts of the setting and characters. If you've never seen any form of GitS before, it's basically Deus Ex: The Anime: lots of stuff about transhumanism, corporate/government conspiracies, cybernetic technologies, and a whole lot of philosophical discussion about what it means to exist and be human in an age of robot bodies and artificial intelligence. The show is structured sorta like a police procedural, except instead of street cops busting drug dealers and homicide perps, it's about GSG9 taking out anti-augmentation terrorists and Russian organ-harvesting/smuggling rings.

I've seen the entireties of both GitS series at least 5 times now and they always end up losing me at some point. I get that they're great shows, but I've just never been able to get very enthused about them. 2nd Gig in particular is hard for me to follow; the boring philosophy lectures and convoluted politics are hard for me to sit through without falling asleep.

I guess I feel the same way about GitS that most of the rest of y'all feel about Gundam, although at least Gundam has cool fights sometimes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I've seen the entireties of both GitS series at least 5 times now and they always end up losing me at some point. I get that they're great shows, but I've just never been able to get very enthused about them. 2nd Gig in particular is hard for me to follow; the boring philosophy lectures and convoluted politics are hard for me to sit through without falling asleep.

I guess I feel the same way about GitS that most of the rest of y'all feel about Gundam, although at least Gundam has cool fights sometimes.

I thought just the opposite, that 2nd Gig was way better and a really fun ride. (Though I'll agree that the first season was a bit of a bore)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Rangpur posted:

Should have been a double bill with Fightin' Foodons.

Here's something incredible, these monsters once were edible.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone be interested in watching some Monster Rancher this Friday ? I got that, and I'm working on finding some of Monster anime episodes.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
If I'm around I'll check it out. I know nothing about it

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I finally have a job now but I'm probably getting home during the random videos part so I'll make sure to jump in.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone be interested in watching some Monster Rancher this Friday ? I got that, and I'm working on finding some of Monster anime episodes.

Sure.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I did not know Space Ghost was being played weeknights at 12:15.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So I probably won't bother showing anything on Saturday because I won't have time to prepare, but I can show something the Saturday afterwards.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We haven't finished CROWDS yet but I'll figure out when to get the last few episodes in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Now, something for when Goonami comes back proper: we left off in the middle of Steins;Gate. Should we pick up, start over, or do something else and get back to S;G later?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

Now, something for when Goonami comes back proper: we left off in the middle of Steins;Gate. Should we pick up, start over, or do something else and get back to S;G later?

let's finish steins goddamn gate

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when do you guys watch animes together

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

let's finish steins goddamn gate

I mean, we finished off at a good stopping point, where the series was just going through every character's route.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

eonwe posted:

when do you guys watch animes together

Saturday nights, we prepreshow at like 8 but the pretoonami stream generally starts at like 10

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
I think Kai is no longer being boxed to 4:3 as of the Buu Saga. They never did a transfer for that. Everything's cropped going forward now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

livingfruitvirus posted:

I think Kai is no longer being boxed to 4:3 as of the Buu Saga. They never did a transfer for that. Everything's cropped going forward now.

Ahahahaha RIP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arist posted:

Saturday nights, we prepreshow at like 8 but the pretoonami stream generally starts at like 10

cool thanks ill try to remember to stop in

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

eonwe posted:

cool thanks ill try to remember to stop in

If you're up late I also show some stuff at 2:00 am. Also Monster Rancher at 9:00 PM EST Friday night.

As far as Steins Gate, what episode did we stop at ? I don't even remember

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We stopped at trying to get Suzuha back to the future and failing.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
My memory of events is extremely hazy, but as I recall, we had done our best to change the grim, dark future of humanity, only to realize that the future refused to change

So the only option left was to basically double down on time-fuckery by undoing the changes to the timeline that were made before we realized that there was some serious poo poo at work, meaning that the first order of business was to save anime by undoing the time-text message that unmade it in the first place

i think

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yes, we left off on anime never existing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
We stopped at episode 16.

For the sake of recapping and reminding people about what the stakes are without going too far back, I suggest we start back up at episode 12

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

livingfruitvirus posted:

Yep, that's correct. Toei also got lazy and didn't do any color correction as they did Buu in-house rather than having Q-Tec handle the remastering, so the entirety of the Buu portion has a green cast to it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

OZC posted:

Yep, that's correct. Toei also got lazy and didn't do any color correction as they did Buu in-house rather than having Q-Tec handle the remastering, so the entirety of the Buu portion has a green cast to it.

Shame Funimation likely won't fix that for video either. Probably can't.

And that's a Toei remaster job? poo poo I thought Q-Tec was typically kinda poo poo and remasters from them are like they smeared vaseline on the footage.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt
Monster Rancher gonna start at 9:00, but I have opened the playlist now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just found out the new One Piece movie is playing just a couple miles from my hotel in Ohio, so I think I know what I'm doing next Saturday afternoon.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

fit em all up in there posted:

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt
Monster Rancher gonna start at 9:00, but I have opened the playlist now

We are starting in three minutes, so if you want to watch some Monster Rancher, get in here.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I like Stardust Crusaders as the best Jojo cause it used Last Train Home as its second ending theme

Never seen past season 3 though, did they make any more seasons? I'd like to see more stands like that orangutan who had a boat as one

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Part 4 just finished up. Diamond is unbreakable.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Shame Funimation likely won't fix that for video either. Probably can't.

And that's a Toei remaster job? poo poo I thought Q-Tec was typically kinda poo poo and remasters from them are like they smeared vaseline on the footage.

Q-Tec is garbage when it comes to upscaling SD masters to HD, but working with actual digital HD or film sources, they're quite talented. They also do a huge amount of compositing and other editing work for various studios. They did the heavy lifting on the rest of Kai based on Toei's editing instruction.

And nope, based on the trailers Toonami has aired, the green cast is just as it was in the Japanese airings.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Samurai Jack is back on AS, starting next Saturday at 8:30 PM.

Also a new classic Adult Swim block will air Sundays at 8 PM and 5 AM with Brak, Sealab, Birdman and Space Ghost.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
For the 20th anniversary, Toonami's going to bring back an old look for the month, based on votes from the viewers. You can visit their Facebook page for more.

https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/photos/a.1442483259375850.1073741828.1440408039583372/1696173604006813/?type=3&theater

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's gotta be D.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm sorry, but if you're going old-school, you've gotta go all the way and pick A. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, before I leave for Ohio:

LAST TIME ON TOONAMI

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Trunks finally made things right in the future, hooray! Dragon Soooooul!

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: On his honeymoon with Erina, Jonathan has one final encounter with Dio and pays the ultimate price to defeat him.

Meanwhile, several decades later, Jonathan's grandson Joseph has come to New York and receives news that Speedwagon has perished, confronting his killer, the newly vampiric Dire.

Hunter x Hunter: Hisoka's got some really cool tricks!

DRAGON BALL SUPER BEGINS TONIGHT

DRAGON BALL Z KAI: THE FINAL CHAPTERS BEGINS TONIGHT

GUNDAM UNICORN BEGINS TONIGHT

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Meanwhile, several decades later,

mean·while
ˈmēnˌ(h)wīl/
adverb
adverb: meanwhile
  • in the intervening period of time.
    "Julie has meanwhile found herself another dancing partner"
    synonyms: for now, for the moment, for the present, for the time being, meantime, in the meantime, in the interim, in the interval
    "meanwhile, I'll stay here"
  • at the same time.
    "steam for another five minutes; meanwhile, make a white sauce"
    synonyms: at the same time,
  • simultaneously, concurrently
    "cook for a further half hour; meanwhile, make the stuffing"

Julias fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 7, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I said a thing that meant the opposite because it's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Meanwhile, several decades later, Jonathan's grandson Joseph has come to New York and receives news that Speedwagon has perished, confronting his killer, the newly vampiric Dire.

Straights, not Dire :goonsay:

• Locked thread