Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I got so used to sub Gohan that I have to remember dub Gohan again. I'm glad because his Japanese voice was grating even moreso than Goku's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

TwoPair posted:

:agreed:

I don't remember it being this bad in the 90s. Maybe I was a dumber kid. Who's doing it, the same VA? Because either they've lost their touch or the new person sucks.

If there was any character that got an annoying voice, I'm glad it's Goten.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Crabtree posted:

What kind of name is Gohan anyway?

I agree, Sharpener is a much better name.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

They managed to make the baseball scene great in a way I was totally unprepared for. I'll miss you, randomly accented coach man.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Arist posted:

I can think of two times Josuke does it, but when does Jotaro

Yellow Temperance I think? The guy that pretends to be Kakyoin.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

no, but seriously, why did the show get the start year of WW2 wrong

Wikipedia wasn't around in the 80s and Araki had deadlines, alright

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

WE JUST SPENT AN EPISODE GOING OVER THIS poo poo

HxH is good but holy gently caress can it get tedious at times like this.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I'm going to guess this series starts really stretching the boundaries of these "rules" with nen powers as it goes on, doesn't it?

Nen is very strange because it passes itself off as a very technical system to begin with, but the usage leads to stuff that it really doesn't matter.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Gohan, I don't think destroying the road is going to help very much when you're trying to make the roads safe.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

WHERE DID HE GET THE OUTFIT AND THE TEQUILA?

It's just part of his normal wardrobe, obviously.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

they're probably one of the best things that could have happened to the franchise tbh. they're fun.

They pretty much entirely revived the series. Beerus and Whis own.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Why does Supreme Kai not already know this? Seems like this stuff would be in "Being An Immortal Soovereign of Reality 101".

We will be getting an extensive lesson on how the gods don't know poo poo about anything.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I can't tell if Chichi's voice is supposed to be a hick accent or if the VA is just messing up. The accent would make sense, but she didn't sound like that in Z.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It's strange that they bothered changing the opening music for Kai, but in the end I think I actually prefer the dub opening to the original Japanese. This one doesn't spoil the gently caress out of everything that happens in the arc.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

They just had a promo like the old days. That really hit me in the nostalgia of tonami in its prime.

TwoPair posted:

Videl is like 50% Lois Lane and 50% Batman and it's a goddamn shame that she falls into the trap of useless anime waifu later on.

Unfortunately she's already showing the signs of not being all that useful. If Gohan hadn't been around to save her twice, she would already be dead because of her own actions.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Last episode she fell off a cliff, and in this one she put herself on a burning building.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

He's a boring character, but I can't help but feel bad for poor old Zushi. He's working his rear end off but he's not a main character, so he ends up being the fall guy.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Rhonne posted:

But if everyone at the top of the battle tower already knows nen, how is it same big secret?

So uh, anyway, let's talk about the upcoming fight shall we? I'm sure it'll be a good one!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

「 M E N A C I N G」

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I know almost nothing about Naruto and have been watching the last few weeks, and this guy was definitely a step up. He's probably the only likable Naruto character I've seen.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The best part about this dub is that I can forget Japanese Kid Trunks ever existed.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Considering getting the dragonballs would take like, a day max for any of these characters, having them as the grand prize seems kind of underwhelming. Might as well just cut out the middleman and get the other prizes.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It's been over a decade since they dubbed the show, but I can't hear Pilaf and hear anything but an even smaller Hiei.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

holy rollers, do you realize that circuses aren't gonna be a thing anymore after this June?

and it's for this exact loving reason, too!

Because the Great Saiyaman is going to destroy them all? That's rad as hell.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

"I can give as big as I get"

Videl, you've almost died twice in the last two episodes.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

...But seriously, put your hands behind your back.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So does anyone know how many episodes it is until we get to see TFS doing the reenactment of the Cell Games?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

fit em all up in there posted:

Bulma think of the kids you can't be smoking :nono:

Look, she stopped for a while when she was pregnant, but as soon as she gave birth it was right back to the cigs.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It's unfortunate, but I guess you can never get as good as Japanese Joseph's OOOOH NOOOOOOOO

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Director: So for this role, we want you to do an Italian accent. You've heard one right?
Bryce: No problem.

JT Jag posted:

I won't say I'm warming to this cut, but I'm getting used to it. I wish the second part lasted just 5 more seconds tho

I will never get used to the cutting of the Stream.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Awfully brave of Tonami to use the Infamous Episode 5 for a Super commercial. The pivotal scene, even.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Not Mark!

Not Mark!!!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

What the hell is this biting thing?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

His octopus is very wrong then because his rapping is amazing. Sasuke should really just let this guy go home and get his drink on.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Ah yes, you're right. I have seen the error of my ways. He's still a wrong boy though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So Sasuke fulfills his lifelong dream of killing his brother, only to start a new mission and almost die. He's only able to save himself and his friends... because of his brother?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Did he say "My name is Goku Son" just now? They only ever mentioned his full name in the dub once, and it was in Kai when he was fighting Freeza.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

That bird had a very nice hat.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Chichi has changed a lot, even between the timeskip here and Super. I don't think Super Chichi would have let Gohan skip school just to train, even if there was prize money.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I remember being really confused about Chichi's delinquent line in the original dub (I think she said thug then) and later found out the blonde hair is apparently some sort of stereotype in Japan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

VIdel is slowly coming to the realization that she is in way over her head with this family.

• Locked thread