Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Kerning Chameleon posted:

So the big question is, how much of this is a "plan", and how much is just Ging being a giant douchebag?

Judging from his past actions it's most definitely the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

why are we even trying to track this fucker down

like, it's pretty loving clear that he's a miserable motherfucker with no redeeming qualities; why can't we just write him off as a permanent blank spot and go live our lives doing more constructive things

Gon's like twelve, what the hell else does he really have to do?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I find it funny the show that was known for having two years of filler before the timeskip decided to place random filler of them as kids in the middle of the timeskip stuff.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I only saw the full version of this opening tonight when I was catching up, and I honestly prefer the shortened version.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I don't remember a drat thing about that show, and you can't make me.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I forgot this arc happened here, I thought it was after Goku Black. Unfortunately we'll have to sit through a few weeks of not-so-great DBS.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

trunks, you are the richest id on earth. you don't need to go through other people's things.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Mars and gotten the wrong size underwear. I'm really glad they finally went through with this new system.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Even if this arc is not very good, the writers at least tried to make it Dragonball brand silly. Normally filler like this feels totally phoned in.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Bulma has literally affected reality more than any other character in the series.

edit: That transition from the kamehameha to the ship's trail was surprisingly cool.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

And with one action this arc is redeemed.

So rewatching BoG dubbed I ended up liking it slightly more because it was like meeting an old friend again. This beats that by a loving mile.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So we don't get new episodes for three weeks? This is like the worst place to do that too, since it just means we wait even longer for Goku Black...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Think of it this way: that's all three weeks without Black Clover or Iron Blooded HUMAN DEBRIS.
I'm still telling myself I won't get on the Black Clover hatewagon, and three weeks of nothing is not gonna help.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

They showed a new episode preview for next week instead of a marathon preview though, soooo :shrug:

They said it would be returning on January 6th in that promo though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Hey, that's not clothes!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So... how did Piccolo know about Buu's relation to Satan?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Please, Supreme Kai. Mentioning that he's your relative is only going to make us less confident in him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

"Look, it really doesn't matter if your son dies in there or gets stuck in a different dimension, we can just wish him back anyway"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

Master Roshi... I'm happy you change in Super

You... might not want to count your chickens before they hatch...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

TwoPair posted:

IIRC two of them get close since B works for a minute until Buu hax his way out and C was working until, in a classic case of DBZ protagonists getting too cocky for their own good, Gohan fucks up and lets himself get eaten

It's funny how even though he became a family man, Gohan is still just as Saiyan as his father and Vegeta when push comes to shove. Trunks is really more human than he is.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So I guess one consolation of starting on episode 3 of this is that I apparently haven't missed much. What does this episode line up with in the manga?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

The main character looks like they put a list of every shounen protagonist traits in a computer and this is what it spat out.

I'm not even sure what to say about the rival boy. He... has messy hair.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

As we see later. (If the Anime learns to speed up) He is a competitive dork. Who takes things more seriously then Asta.

I just meant his design not being particularly memorable. He's just a dude with a black sweater and messy hair right now.

edit: I hate the marathons but I am at least up for a Cowboy Beboy one since this run is my first time watching it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So the main character literally cannot use magic in a world where everyone can, and everyone makes fun of him. Isn't that the equivalent of making fun of a special needs kid?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So immediately upon meeting the children she's sworn to take care of, she beats the poo poo out of one of them. How is this woman still there?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Why does the guy that can control wind really need to walk all the way to this place?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

JT Jag posted:

In this one, Araki read an article about the Gulf States

Oh come on, that could be any episode of Jojo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Let’s trade our brand new car for camels to cross the desert! This is a good idea. :shepface:

With the Speedwagon Foundation backing you, money is a non-issue.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

None of these men are wearing proper desert attire. :colbert:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

That Brian Drummond as Copy Vegeta is still great.

Yeah, that Galick Gun was just as good as it was all those years ago.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

SON OF A BITCH

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

These guys are awfully chatty for people in 160 degree weather.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

So these kids gonna get eaten by the Chimera Ant, huh?

What could possibly make you think that?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Ants: Known for their kings

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

This arc gets so hilariously dark all of a sudden, I have to wonder what the hell caused such a whiplash in tone

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

This was airing at Sunday Morning at this time.

Yeah but the manga was always Shounen Jump, wasn't it?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

gettin challenged to a duel on ol' darkness hill.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

seriously Gene, you loving suck at being a space captain

hey, he was just a dude that took a job from a shady (but cool as hell) lady and fell rear end backwards into being a pirate captain when a bunch of weirdos just decided they lived with him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

this guy was a really lovely assassin

• Locked thread