Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Didn't Goku say at one point in the original series that he thinks the kids could take Freiza no problem as a warm up? Granted this was far before GotT came out and maybe have been in GT?

I mean the fact that Gohan thinks Goten can't take Freiza here then is a bit silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Crabtree posted:

Wow, they actually just stood around and talked while gohan screamed. This is some peak limited animation. AND ITS ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE!

At least we dont' know Freiza's anime preferences

YET

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

"Did he really just wipe out his entire army and get rid of one of the good points of the original movie?"

Now Goku's friends don't have anybody to fight :sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

"Hey Mikasa if you keep going like this you're going to drift about 10 miles to the right and ruin the formation you idiot!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I'm glad this episode is opening on this voice actors best trait. He does a drat good job crying on demand.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Tokyo Ghoul is so edgy that it makes me think a 14 year old boy made it. Therefore a 14 year old boy woulden't even think of going near his genitals for the purposes of a torture scene because either

a.Dicks are super loving gay dude

b. Dude that would really loving hurt no way am i writing that.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Oh come on Jason as soon as you saw the rage in the dude's eyes over his girlfriend dying you should have just let Kaneki live with his indecision and let the guy go crazy on him.

Terrible Joker

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

This sequence is just one long jam session with J right?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I smell a James Bond/Lupin crossover from that throwaway comment.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

That uh...was an episode?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

The dub ending is amazing because Light alternates between Supervillian and whiny pathetic child.

I mean people always bag on the potato chip line, but really the guy that voices Light does a good job of playing the part. Especially when it came to doing smug,maniacal laughs and crying like a bitch in the end.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Even if the Super Dragon Balls are as big as planets, i have a hard time believing that it took any significant amount for God to find and collect 6 of them.

Then again he is fat so

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Sounds like the kinda thing that would be an easy shoe in for some DLC questin Xenoverse 2. Or maybe a raid, assuming those came out with fights against more than one person after all this time.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I remember a shot in the original series where i think Piccollo and Trunks where going around after Buu had blew himself up and literally just being janitors, Ki beaming up his remains and sweeping up and poo poo.

Has that particular thing happened in Kai yet or am i just misremembering a scene?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Rudoku posted:

That's way ahead from now.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You're thinking of a part later down the line with Gotenks.

Okay gotcha, i'm so sorry i spoiled Dragon Ball Z of all anime

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I'm a little sad i can't do that move in Xenoverse 2. Although like all of Buu's move it would probably be terrible

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But I didn't make a big deal about it. :(

Wasen't meant to be a big deal, it's all good bro. :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Oh man i'm glad of all the saturday nights i have off i have this one.

Didn't realize i was seeing THIS episode :allears:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Strobe posted:

Agreed, but I don't think Toriyama would ever let Vegeta actually be the hero/winner, basically ever.

Vegeta is his least favorite character, which is why he never wins any fights and is always second to Goku

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Momomo posted:

I missed last week so I have no idea what's going on, but I'm sure it was a masterpiece of storytelling. Apparently that one annoying kid is doing something now?

I haven't watched since the stupid, edgy torture scenes so i'm even more confused than you are!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

For a main character that is suppose to have awesome loving powers he sure went down like a bitch.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

TwoPair posted:

:agreed:

Like seriously I've been able to find enjoyment in all of Toonami's lovely shows, from SAO to AgK, but this is just miserable.

I mean hell i kinda liked Tokyo Ghoul at first because much like AgK, it was fun to laugh at it as it tries so hard to take itself seroiusly. But the difference between Agk and Tokyo Ghoul is

1.Tokyo Ghoul wasen't originally going to be a hentai game so there are no hot anime babes.

2. Takumi had a cooler power than being able to cry on command like Kaniki can

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So who do i bug on twitter about this voice?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Zenigata? Competant at his job?!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

"eeeeehhhh i can neva' foe give you woman!"

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I have a few friends that don't want to watch Rick and Morty because of all the memes of it that they have seen and then i tell them "look despite what the memes make it look like, it's a great show!"

Then they had to go and do this poo poo with Pickle Rick and proved them right :sigh:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Although Beerus getting pissed means the destruction of Earth so

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Don't use my good name to threaten people...when Vegeta used to be a bad guy :psyduck:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Goku hasen't even met this Manaka guy and he already has a mancrush

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Jaco had a short manga series before Dragon Ball Super was a thing. It was set before or around early OG Dragon Ball.

Was it always connected with Dragonball? Or was his introduction in the Freiza movie originally just a cameo that turned into being a connected universe thing?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

A sensible solution to that problem. I don't know why anybody on the ship was even worried when at least 3 of the people in it can fly.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Man that is actually kinda disturbing seeing all the tiny Majin Buu's reforming

Between this and Imperfect Cell, why does Piccollo get all the psuedo horror scenes in this show?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Gohan, please be alive so not EVERYTHING is my fault!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Why don't you guys stock pile mountains of those beans? You literally always only have 3 or 4 on hand.

They only grow so much at a time, and as much as these guys get their asses kicked they go through the whole supply everytime.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Joooooooooooooo Jo!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I hope Jojo is getting better ratings this time around.

It's always been getting good ratings though? I think it was only at the beginning of Part 1 where they weren't great because everybody was still salivating over One Punch Man

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Arist posted:

I ENCOUNTERED DIO

AND HE WAS SEXY AS gently caress

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dio never does the snake hair thing ever again either, at least not on screen i suppose

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Arist posted:

I was gonna say Holly had the worst Stand in the series but then I remembered ones like Cheap Trick, Superfly, and Notorious B.I.G.

Does Holly's even get an offical name? Or is it just "The stand that is killing her, let's go kill Dio?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So what are they replacing to get Outlaw Star showing next week? Nothing is ending yet is it?

Sadly it's not Tokyo Ghoul as we have like 6 more episodes after this one i think.

• Locked thread