Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Paper With Lines posted:

lmao rumsod *probably* reset Power (and he readded the bloc game db) but in Bloc, there is no turn. IS that the case for Power too?

Rumsod, plz.

power is reset but I have no clue if turns are working

ed balls: they aren't

Baku has issued a correction as of 07:50 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PinkSox
Dec 27, 2003
I BUY BIG RED TITLES FOR MY FRIENDS

My user was completely blown away. I bet a whole poo poo load of them are like this.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
they are working now but rumsod 1. reset the game and deleted everyone and 2. deleted the parties so now people have to band together to form their own parties.

still tho, lol.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
POWER is fully operational again and reset. Lots of states up for easy grabs as they don't have enough players (Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Nevada, Colorado).

People who were previously in the Democratic Party are joining the New Deal Alliance.

Party Link: http://oppressive.games/power/party.php?party=51
Discord: https://discord.gg/g8rCbkq

Looks like the Republicans had a mass recruitment day, they outnumber us over 2:1. We're the underdog this time.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

The New Dealers are a broad union of factions operating under one party for game mechanical reasons

If you want to help the struggle join the Black Panthers: https://discord.gg/qUs4W7m

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im definitely going to rejoin this game that will last two weeks until someone breaks the game and rumsod fucks off for two months to be a failure in other ways again

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Pretty sure that nothing has been changed beyond the reset so whoever wins the first presidential race can just Rumbug the opposition into oblivion again.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Crazycryodude posted:

Pretty sure that nothing has been changed beyond the reset so whoever wins the first presidential race can just Rumbug the opposition into oblivion again.

A bunch of new features have been added, so it's changed in that respect

I wouldn't dare make the ludicrous claim that the game will now actually function as intended however

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh hey it looks like I'm getting a copy of everyone's in-game email.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

it is fun to see an entirely new generation of something awful posters go through the rumsod cycles.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

Paper With Lines posted:

it is fun to see an entirely new generation of something awful posters go through the rumsod cycles.

It's a roller coaster of emotions. Mostly despair and questioning what I'm doing with my life.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Paper With Lines posted:

Agreed. I look forward to finally opening up my heart to love again in another 3 years.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
rumcode strikes again

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

holy poo poo enjoy, what did you do to get that red text?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Paper With Lines posted:

holy poo poo enjoy, what did you do to get that red text?

Enjoy posted:

A war can be legal, for example when a legitimate government invites a foreign government to aid them against terrorism. Eg, the USSR in Afghanistan.

:ussr:

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
All the people who ragequit after the reset are really missing out

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
So apparently we convinced the Chan GOP that rumsod had further broken the game, luring them into a false sense of security Chaka used to steal the presidency for 40 days? God bless.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

sniper4625 posted:

So apparently we convinced the Chan GOP that rumsod had further broken the game, luring them into a false sense of security Chaka used to steal the presidency for 40 days? God bless.

please go into detail!

edit: my account can see everyone's emails

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cheen posted:

please go into detail!

The Presidential election is a function of "campaign strength", which can be pumped up by people spending money and power, and party institutional strength, which is derived from national support. The 4chan nazi Republicans had been a supermajority and were still at around 50% institutional strength, the not-Democrats and the Libertarians were each around 25%.

The not-quite-Democratic candidate, Chaka Khan, told a triple agent that she'd tried switching parties to take advantage of the Republican's institutional strength but that it hadn't worked. She was down something like 60-40, so the not-quite-Democrats pumped a huge amount of money into her campaign, and the Republicans ignored it because there was basically no way they could lose, then Chaka switched to Republican at the last minute, won easily because her campaign strength was three times that of the real Republican, then switched back to Democrat.

The Republican candidate/chair quit the game in a rage.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The Presidential election is a function of "campaign strength", which can be pumped up by people spending money and power, and party institutional strength, which is derived from national support. The 4chan nazi Republicans had been a supermajority and were still at around 50% institutional strength, the not-Democrats and the Libertarians were each around 25%.

The not-quite-Democratic candidate, Chaka Khan, told a triple agent that she'd tried switching parties to take advantage of the Republican's institutional strength but that it hadn't worked. She was down something like 60-40, so the not-quite-Democrats pumped a huge amount of money into her campaign, and the Republicans ignored it because there was basically no way they could lose, then Chaka switched to Republican at the last minute, won easily because her campaign strength was three times that of the real Republican, then switched back to Democrat.

The Republican candidate/chair quit the game in a rage.

Accurate elections simulator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39696861

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

i am very shook by the fact that some of the best political manoeuvring that this game has seen happened long after i had written it off as dead and gay

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

i am very shook by the fact that some of the best political manoeuvring that this game has seen happened long after i had written it off as dead and gay

It is exactly as dead and gay as it was last time around

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Cheen posted:

please go into detail!

Are you an independent? I think that's a long standing bug.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Someone needs to get Servant to write a Empires of EVE-type history of rumsod's various games

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What on earth happened to this game lol

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

The GOP threw a shitfit when I stole the presidency and they spammed alts everywhere. Rumsod has been absent for weeks.

So business as usual!

Captain Mediocre has issued a correction as of 16:05 on Apr 27, 2017

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
the biggest difference from v1 is that everyone in v1 thought all the bugs would be fixed and the game would be magical and fun and everyone in v2 has completely given up as is just abusing the game's bugs to antagonize Republicans

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Fat Twitter Man posted:

everyone in v1 thought all the bugs would be fixed

lol

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

In my defense, I never played bloc. but there were plenty of people who had who were waxing rhapsodic about how great it would be when he implemented the House and state legislatures

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Three years is enough time to perhaps learn to love again.

Glad to see nothing changes.

I dunno rumsod is out there updating but he's so terrified of the community hes created he avoids it entirely. What a dev.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Do you think Rumgod stays in heaven because he, too, lives in fear of what he has created?

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Maximo Roboto posted:

Someone needs to get Servant to write a Empires of EVE-type history of rumsod's various games

Control Volume, the one who posted itt, wrote a history of bloc for bloc 1 in the old griefing thread. I tried searching for about ten seconds but gave up. It also looks like I removed it from my bookmarks or something too.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Heres an abridged version:

Bloc started stupid, goons made a group that destroyed some guy's nation and got off scot free because it was the result of a publicly held auction, there was a dumbass who turned out to be a communist pedophile who was outed by a RL friend, then 4chan came in and got owned repeatedly until they exploited, then rumsod fixed the exploits, then 4chan exploited some more because rumsod didn't actually fix anything, he didn't change the code at all.

It ended when sniper4625 gave some people admin powers, and those people gave a bunch of other people admin powers, then everyone spammed hitler and swastikas until the german host shuttered the entire site. It took rumsod a couple months to notice this.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The takeaway from this is that if you ever get tired of forums user "consumed by normies", you can call him stupid in various creative or uncreative ways and he'll vanish for half a year

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I like that the current federal education policy is "coding classes for rumsrod".

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

If you've ever seen the movie betelgeuse, "rumshit" works pretty much the same way but in reverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

Control Volume posted:

The takeaway from this is that if you ever get tired of forums user "consumed by normies", you can call him stupid in various creative or uncreative ways and he'll vanish for half a year

this is actually currently happening right now. he only responds to email from lykos -- who was a nobody in bloc 1 but is now a somebody, particularly because rumsod gave him "game mod" where he can delete people.

• Locked thread