Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Does being governor actually do anything other than give you bonus power and national influence?

Not yet but apparently we're close to getting Governor actions implemented. For now your main job is either fundraising or spreading AAs to help your comrades win their races with all your bonus power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Hey, if there was anyone playing who may have drifted away, Rumsod bailed out the Republicans so they're actually making a go of it again. Would love to have people back.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

sniper4625 posted:

Hey, if there was anyone playing who may have drifted away, Rumsod bailed out the Republicans so they're actually making a go of it again. Would love to have people back.

what did he do to help them?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

logikv9 posted:

what did he do to help them?

He set both major parties to 100% institutional strength, so suddenly everyone was at max power gain. The levels are now ticking back down towards where they should be, but the infusion of power allowed the Republicans to get back on their feet.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Crazycryodude posted:

He set both major parties to 100% institutional strength, so suddenly everyone was at max power gain. The levels are now ticking back down towards where they should be, but the infusion of power allowed the Republicans to get back on their feet.

Yeah, that plus a few minor maluses on us combined to breath new life into our foes. Nothing we cant overcome.

give us mandatory voting rumsod

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

i really hope rumsod adds some gameplay soon

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

we instituted full communism and then had to abolish everything because it was too expensive, lol

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Fullhouse posted:

we instituted full communism and then had to abolish everything because it was too expensive, lol

All of the costs, none of the benefits to the people. rip :amsoc:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Fullhouse posted:

typical liberals

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Still no buffs to indies yet

Receiving boring rear end emails doesn't make it so I'm actually able to compete either

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
why would he buff indies as indies are the opposite of buffed irl?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ThndrShk2k posted:

Still no buffs to indies yet

Receiving boring rear end emails doesn't make it so I'm actually able to compete either

Lmao if you're trying to start a 3rd party from scratch instead of infiltrating a pre-existing party and coopting it from within

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If the game wants third parties to be viable, you need to implement instant runoff or Random Ballot: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_ballot
In order to get that, you'd have to let politicians push for ballot initiatives or something to change the voting system.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

implement constitutional amendments so we can demand changes to the way the game works with a 2/3 vote

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

impeach rumsod

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Congratulations on your wildly successful attempt to revitalize the Nazi Party, rumsod.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

mandatory voting when

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

sniper4625 posted:

Congratulations on your wildly successful attempt to revitalize the Nazi Party, rumsod.

They're up something like 70 accounts in the past 8 hours.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

goons please sign up for dems so we arn't outnumbered by RP nazis like Kikeslayer Ubermench

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
It might be time to actually start a thread in Games.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I'm not gonna do it though, hell no

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cheen posted:

goons please sign up for dems so we arn't outnumbered by RP nazis like Kikeslayer Ubermench

Join the GOP

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Cheen posted:

This isn't an exaggeration, by the way. That's one of their names.

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=2640

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

18 Character Limit posted:

This isn't an exaggeration, by the way. That's one of their names.

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=2640

I'm not even sure why they got the bailout when Rumsod had already made it so Full Communism Now wasn't viable and made it so being a right wing Democrat in a red state gave you reduced power, plus a couple third parties were on the upswing

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's like when you beat Diablo on normal and then have to play it again on Nightmare mode

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Emergent behavior is the best part of simulation games.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

rip this dead gay game

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I gained zero power over like 16 hours??

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

ScrubLeague posted:

There's a known problem going on today.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

ScrubLeague posted:

the game stopped. elections are still coming up in the morning though!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
The elections better go through!

I want back in the senate!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

It's an issue with the hosting. If they havent fixed it by tonight I'm changing hosting.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

the game stopped. elections are still coming up in the morning though!

I'm adding time to elections.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
bad time for me to join. Seems fun, but looking forward to the power bug being fixed so I can gain the full experience.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

BAE OF PIGS posted:

bad time for me to join. Seems fun, but looking forward to the power bug being fixed so I can gain the full experience.

Welcome aboard, join us on Discord if you haven't already

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I was in the democrat public lobby last night. I was given a bunch of money to run attack ads but I can't run any until 24 hours after I've registered.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

BAE OF PIGS posted:

The game being broken is the full experience

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

turns are working again, god bless us, every one

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
so like is it possible/viable to play this as a behind-the-scenes antagonist figure who just raises money for the party, contributes to friendly campaigns, and runs attack ads without giving a single gently caress about your reputation or popular support or w/e? does never actually running for office or campaigning yourself make it impossible to effectively generate much revenue?

or is it dumb to even ask that kind of strategic question at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

wizard on a water slide posted:

so like is it possible/viable to play this as a behind-the-scenes antagonist figure who just raises money for the party, contributes to friendly campaigns, and runs attack ads without giving a single gently caress about your reputation or popular support or w/e? does never actually running for office or campaigning yourself make it impossible to effectively generate much revenue?

or is it dumb to even ask that kind of strategic question at this point

yeah, there's lots of room for people who don't run for office. Just go to CA or NY so you can raise more money.

• Locked thread