Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

StashAugustine posted:

am i allowed to blue dog it up

Yeah, your social/economic opinions can be totally at odds with official party affiliation, as far as I can tell. It might raise the ire of some of the party establishment types on the Discord channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

in the future there will be primaries and deviating too far from the party base means they will be more difficult for you (this is already the case in the prez primary) but yeah atm theres nothing stopping you from being a far right dem. Which is why Dems control Alabama, for example.

Cossack
Mar 2, 2012

You see Sigmund here.
Sigmund hits you.
You die.
i am in as a white-hot sphere of pure rage

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1201

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Is there a limit on how much power can be stored?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

logikv9 posted:

Is there a limit on how much power can be stored?

It's currently one of our greatest technological limitations and hindrance to progress, imo

Real answer: I think it starts to drop above 50

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yeah, once you get above 50 your gain starts dropping.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Choo choo!

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1206

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

sniper4625 posted:

Splitters are awful and I hope you enjoy your total lack of power income. :colbert:

Any Dems who join, message me in game for a special welcome package. (I'm Dem Chair.) Also join Discord.

Joined dems in West Virginia as Jean Valjean-Luc. Please giv item.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 08:12 on Jan 2, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Oops, I accidentally pivoted on my starting influence and ground it into dust.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

Oops, I accidentally pivoted on my starting influence and ground it into dust.

Same as hell, the buttons are just so enticing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
also just realized i can't find the button to change your password or email address

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
We are the biggest tent party, all are welcome. I tried to go through my email list before work to send out some dosh, if I missed you, I'll get you this evening.

In the mean time, get on Discord when you can. LBJ can get you set up if I'm not around.

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

sniper4625 posted:

We are the biggest tent party, all are welcome. I tried to go through my email list before work to send out some dosh, if I missed you, I'll get you this evening.

In the mean time, get on Discord when you can. LBJ can get you set up if I'm not around.

Thanks for the loot! I've already redistributed some of it towards my Oregonian neighbors. :bernin: I dunno how interested I'd be in this game without a proper chat system, Discord really makes it fun just bullshitting and sending cash or planning my idiot plans or whatever.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

In as Daryl Fullcommunism, Democrat from the great state of Maryland.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This looks fun. I guess Karl Kropotkin of the great state of Washington must get involved in politics in the loving bosom of the Democratic Party, if only to help drag it to the left.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Joined as Democrat Gauis Baltar, a very left wing politician from the great state of South Carolina and messaged Foreman Domai.

tadashi has issued a correction as of 17:04 on Jan 2, 2017

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Joined up as Hodor. How do I bring the North to heel while it's populous is completely on the opposite spectrum of my political views?

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
This is beautiful, the party is even in-fighting in Discord! Politics simiulator 2017.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I cant do anything and I lost all my power fundraising, 0/100,00,000,000 this loving sucks more than the OP's mom

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Nooner posted:

I cant do anything and I lost all my power fundraising

tfw ur an establishment dem

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I sent someone a PM about sucking my dick, I think I am going to try and reroll as ultraconservative

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

consumed by normies posted:

gl going against Joseph Smith himself.

though ted cruz did beat jesus christ in texas earlier so hell has risen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBN_dEA4jO0

:rip: Gonna need all the help I can get!

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
So when do we make the Goon Caliphate?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This is me.

I did this thing.

Dem from florida.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

My incredibly unfunny gimmick of being a racist populist who advocates full communism (you know, for the right people) is stupid and I want to change it.

Are policy speeches worthwhile or should I just suck it up and go with it?

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

consumed by normies posted:

hey yall, im actually the developer of this game. if anyone has any questions about it please post.

my starting advice is to first thing join one of the two major parties, as they get significant benefits as they are dominant right now. third party and independent is difficult at start. be aware that the republicans are currently run by /pol/ types, so yeah.

also, make sure to get on the discord and talk with your party because they will give you money to get elected.

the game is pretty drat simplistic at the moment, I intend to expand it and make it more interesting.

I made multiple accounts without realizing it was against the rules. How do I go about getting one of them removed?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Moose_Knuck posted:

I made multiple accounts without realizing it was against the rules. How do I go about getting one of them removed?

My Man Shran posted:

My incredibly unfunny gimmick of being a racist populist who advocates full communism (you know, for the right people) is stupid and I want to change it.

Are policy speeches worthwhile or should I just suck it up and go with it?

You can PM rumsod on his Discord server about deleting accounts

https://discord.gg/jgx3DyB

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
lol enjoy who is funding LF4LYFE

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Paper With Lines posted:

lol enjoy who is funding LF4LYFE

Lots of powerful people, you should pay me as well to buy me off :)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
every time I try to log in it tells me that my user name is invalid what is wrong with this stupid hosed up game?

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Enjoy posted:

Figures that the communists in power are sellouts like their real life alternatives.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Enjoy posted:

Nice, the GOP paying you to split votes?

Shameful.

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=106

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I decided to just chug through policy speeches until I am a fullcommie. I pledge my eternal support to our lord, savior, and party chairman HRC.

(I need to abuse power buildup from being a Dem for a while, then I will come home)

Eskaton
Aug 13, 2014
Where's the nuke my player and start again button?

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I'm in and hiding in Oregon.

So far I've just been building up state influence with a rally/tv/fundraise feedback loop but to be honest it sorta looks like the dems have it covered here. What else could/should I be doing?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
You can launch attack ads against not just opponents, but people in your own party, or people in different states.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Captain Mediocre posted:

I'm in and hiding in Oregon.

So far I've just been building up state influence with a rally/tv/fundraise feedback loop but to be honest it sorta looks like the dems have it covered here. What else could/should I be doing?

If you're not actively running for a seat, building up influence and cash reserves is great, as is throwing some attacks towards likely targets. We've also got a forum now! Link in the Discord.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
The plan seems to be:

- Hold all three offices in each state
- Gain 80%+ influence for optimal fundraising (I made that figure up, you can probably do well with 60%+)
- Don't run against your own party for an office
- If you're not running for office or have really high influence, run attack ads against the usurpers.

Also, very important :frogsiren: Create mans in red states, join the Dems, hop on Discord and ask for money:frogsiren:

P.S. You can save yourself a lot of pain if you hop on Discord and ask about the demographics in a certain state before you set your policies.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The discord is for everyone right? Nothing goon-exclusive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

logikv9 posted:

The discord is for everyone right? Nothing goon-exclusive

i believe so, just makes communication easier