Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Doctor Gaius Baltar is really making waves with his grassroots approach in South Carolina. You all should definitely give him money if you want to survive the Cylon death camps turn South Carolina blue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

logikv9 posted:

The discord is for everyone right? Nothing goon-exclusive

Yeah, it's been the primary communication method thus far, and the goon presence is pretty new. (But growing!)

Baltar authed you.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

So what are the odds that the dev flakes right after 4chan discovers the game and ruins everything with infinite money for the other side? :v:

Joined anyway, I'm Flaky Ukranian.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Something to fix in the future versions of the game is to prevent senators from the same state from crossing over to challenge each other.

http://oppressive.games/power/state.php?state=SC

The sitting Senators are running against each other somehow.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
In just under two days I hope to be a Senator in West Virginia. The Appalachian Uprising is in full swing.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Also, does this game build in hilarious polling errors? If not, why not?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tadashi posted:

Something to fix in the future versions of the game is to prevent senators from the same state from crossing over to challenge each other.

http://oppressive.games/power/state.php?state=SC

The sitting Senators are running against each other somehow.

yep, this bug will be fixed today.

Vox Nihili posted:

Also, does this game build in hilarious polling errors? If not, why not?

not yet, but margin of error and inaccurate polling will be added. atm i have about a million things to add but im mostly focusing on weird bugs (like that above senate things)

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
That was masterful, Sniper. The shitstream that came out of that big reveal....I've never seen a discord so upset.

PinkSox
Dec 27, 2003
I BUY BIG RED TITLES FOR MY FRIENDS

I'm in http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1319 Gonna make AZ BLUE!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Moose_Knuck posted:

That was masterful, Sniper. The shitstream that came out of that big reveal....I've never seen a discord so upset.

For anyone not up to speed, our friends at the paradox forums (Thread here, pro read towards the end.) were trying to play it cute by infiltrating both parties and working their way up. We caught on, but alas, a traitor gave the game away, hence the rage. Looks like they may be defecting to the Republicans? I did get this at 5AM

In short please join the Dems and solidify our blue reign.

sniper4625 has issued a correction as of 18:21 on Jan 3, 2017

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

And the traitor was the Treasurer and made off with $1m of party funds. Which is funny

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Is there an option to poo poo your pants durng a speech?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
so what you're trying to say that the goons should take over the dnc

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

logikv9 posted:

so what you're trying to say that the goons should take over the dnc

C-SPAM vs /pol

clash of the titans somethings

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Nyu for 1d4 points of damage
Welp, I'm in as Dick Eshuge, and I already messed up by going Center Right, Left Wing. Really should have thought through what I was doing before going "Oh hey, a new game on SA, I'll give that a shot."

Time to find a party I can join that my views won't totally be messed up with.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

C-SPAM vs /pol

clash of the titans somethings

We just fended off an attempted takeover by the Third Way Paradoxians who didn't care whether the winner was a Dem or a Republican as long as they were a Paradoxian.

Phew, can you imagine if we had let the third wayers with their lack of party loyalty take over the party?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

sethimothy posted:

Welp, I'm in as Dick Eshuge, and I already messed up by going Center Right, Left Wing. Really should have thought through what I was doing before going "Oh hey, a new game on SA, I'll give that a shot."

It's more a "state" than a "party". Your views can be whatever and you can still succeed in your party, but states that are Right on social and Left on Economics are... I dunno.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Nooner posted:

Is there an option to poo poo your pants durng a speech?

hell, if nooner is playing then I'm in

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

sethimothy posted:

Just join the Dems, they're mostly center-right IRL anyway.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Just join the Dems, they're mostly center-right IRL anyway.

This. And as an added bonus, if you join sign up as a Dem in a plains state, I will personally bankroll your rise to power after the next election cycle.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
i got banned from the GOP because they didn't take kindly to my Institute Sharia Law in the American Heartland platform

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

GlyphGryph posted:

It's more a "state" than a "party". Your views can be whatever and you can still succeed in your party, but states that are Right on social and Left on Economics are... I dunno.

That sounds like Misery! Come join fly over country with such great politicians as Ike Skeleton (Me!) and Bo Hamm I dunno who Bo is, but even though he's Republican I can't help but like'em.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

can I make this my politician image?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Control Volume posted:

can I make this my politician image?

servers arent hosted in germany

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

This game really encourages you to sell out. I started out as an extreme leftist in LF for LYFE, now I'm planning to go center-right and endlessly fundraise on Wall Street.

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012
Well, I just made a horrible mistake with my politician name. Is there a easy way to change the name or delete the account?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
wrong thread

Fat Twitter Man has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Jan 4, 2017

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Flamester posted:

Well, I just made a horrible mistake with my politician name. Is there a easy way to change the name or delete the account?

Get on Discord and message LBJ/Rumsod aka consumed by normies. He's the dev for this wonky game.

Also, when are we going to break off and create our party/join LF4LYFE? The channers are really starting to come out of the woodwork now.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Jesus, this discord chat rivals the pubbies of Amaranthine in off the wall stupidity.

Moose_Knuck has issued a correction as of 02:54 on Jan 4, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
As far as I can tell there is not yet a:

Rob Morrow

Ed Balls

Weedlord Bonerhitler

fellow goons?

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

"Crypto jew" ... that's a new one.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Moose_Knuck posted:

"Crypto jew" ... that's a new one.

That's..actually the correct term?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypto-Judaism

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
It even has a wikipedia page?? Jesus, I thought he was trying to be edgy. These racists are more enlightened than I thought.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The buttsalt goes back millennia

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Moose_Knuck posted:

It even has a wikipedia page?? Jesus, I thought he was trying to be edgy. These racists are more enlightened than I thought.

There's... nothing particularly racist seeming about crypto-jews guy there?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

sethimothy posted:

Oscar Romero's Ghost agrees. (Ed Balls was a tempting choice though)

e: did join the Dems and started in Utah for some reason, pls give me money for no good reason

StashAugustine has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Jan 4, 2017

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
Sure why not.

It was time for William Tecumseh Sherman to return to Georgia.

18 Character Limit has issued a correction as of 04:15 on Jan 4, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

HBar posted:

This game really encourages you to sell out. I started out as an extreme leftist in LF for LYFE, now I'm planning to go center-right and endlessly fundraise on Wall Street.

New York and California are absolutely the places to be if all you want is to make mad stacks of cash. Fundraising gives like 10x the cash there as it does in most other states.

That said I'm having a grad ol' time playing an extreme Leftist Democrat, but also a party faithful one who is getting in folk's good books and handing out favours and getting quite a bit of boosting in return from more moderate Dems.

We should really get a "progressive" discord up though for coordination amongst the various true Left, Democrat or not.

Also, you should all be dogs. Dogs are the future.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

how do i link to my page i can't find a way to show my person's id thing

edit: got it http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1366

i am a dem in california plz give me money

cams has issued a correction as of 04:05 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I misread that as Anal Clooney (do not steal)

If you pick bad positions (ie, your real ones as opposed to the ones that will get you support in your state) you can change them with the speech option under Actions to gradually align.

• Locked thread