Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
NJ is dem heavy and we're about to take over all three seats. It's also pretty sweet for fundraising, although I don't know the haul people in NY/CA are getting. I'm around 65% influence and I get 30-35k each fundraiser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Running for NM's 2nd seat, send donations if you got em. Namaste

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1471

ThatBasqueGuy has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Jan 6, 2017

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Running for NM's 2nd seat, send donations if you got em. Namaste

http://oppressive.games/power/main.php

The link is incorrect and you have less than an hour to actually run. If the other party doesn't run then you will win uncontested

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

logikv9 posted:

NJ is dem heavy and we're about to take over all three seats. It's also pretty sweet for fundraising, although I don't know the haul people in NY/CA are getting. I'm around 65% influence and I get 30-35k each fundraiser?

$250k at 100% influence in CA.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

sniper4625 posted:

$250k at 100% influence in CA.

:eyepop: surely the money making machines of the party

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Joined as mister Eduardo Balls. Would've gone elsewhere but was frustrated to find that republicans have way more control of my own state washington than they deserve so I had to fight that somehow.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Man, you get the weirdest emails when you step into a race. Randoms from my own party telling me to get out of the clown car. Repubs telling me not to interfere with their petty slapfight with each other.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Unhappy Meal posted:

Man, you get the weirdest emails when you step into a race. Randoms from my own party telling me to get out of the clown car. Repubs telling me not to interfere with their petty slapfight with each other.

politics man!

help a jello mound win in ALABAMA! That s meee

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Unhappy Meal posted:

it's interesting how rapidly this started mirroring actual politics

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Unhappy Meal posted:

I got this in OH getting loads of emails from people demanding that Freeborn John pull out of the race! I did because it was really tight and I have basically no support yet.

If you want to support my push for the Levellers and the free born rights of every citizen please feel free!
http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1443

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I think I'm about to be a senator for the first time, what exactly are the advantages of this and is there anything I'll need to know?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Mediocre posted:

I think I'm about to be a senator for the first time, what exactly are the advantages of this and is there anything I'll need to know?

gently caress the poor and take all the money.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Captain Mediocre posted:

Vote for game-breaking meme bills like "ban the other party" and "give everyone a million dollars a turn" because there's nothing rumsod can do about it if they pass :downs: it's the law, we said so, you have to do it! :downs:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Vote for game-breaking meme bills like "ban the other party" and "give everyone a million dollars a turn" because there's nothing rumsod can do about it if they pass :downs: it's the law, we said so, you have to do it! :downs:

I have been calling rumsod Rumsfeld because my brain inclines to it

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Aramoro posted:

I got this in OH getting loads of emails from people demanding that Freeborn John pull out of the race! I did because it was really tight and I have basically no support yet.

If you want to support my push for the Levellers and the free born rights of every citizen please feel free!
http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1443

Yeah, that was me; a little bit of friendly fire. Hop on Discord with us, homie. The link is in the OP.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Do the senate bills actually have any effect on the game or are they just fluff?

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Joined as Dipshit Dunderhead and signed up for the great state of Louisiana.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Captain Mediocre posted:

Do the senate bills actually have any effect on the game or are they just fluff?

They kind of do now, since game dev removed the option of the dumb no effect bills. But the actual ingame laws passed don't actually do anything yet.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Running for KS Senate 1 Seat. Give me money. http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1474

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Join up y'all

http://oppressive.games/power/party.php?party=14

It's time to kill the Democratic party

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

succ posted:

Running for KS Senate 1 Seat. Give me money. http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1474

get in discord and we'll throw money at you

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

This game already owns because a guy with a literal nazi as his username told people not to "engage" me.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Enjoy posted:

Join up y'all

Enjoy your tiny party for tiny people who are OK with tiny power gain.

Edit: Yeah, if you're a Dem at all interested in money, get on Discord. Plenty to go around.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Enjoy posted:

Join up y'all

ok

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Cheen posted:

This game already owns because a guy with a literal nazi as his username told people not to "engage" me.

that happens to me occasionally (I'm HHH with the goatse trump avi) but then I realize that these people are literal children. The guy you're owning is 18 but many of them are 13-15. One guy in the Dems thinks Qadaffi was the best leader ever. He's 15.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Paper With Lines posted:

that happens to me occasionally (I'm HHH with the goatse trump avi) but then I realize that these people are literal children. The guy you're owning is 18 but many of them are 13-15. One guy in the Dems thinks Qadaffi was the best leader ever. He's 15.

I've engaged many wonderful people so far but my favorite has gotta be mike.leaf

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Paper With Lines posted:

Gaddafi was pretty trill

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Ok apparently the Dems are the party of crypto-goons so I'm on board, let's ruin the game for everyone not from SA. Which state could use a new goon?

E: Also, is it acceptable to bring friends from outside SA into the fold to cynically exploit as pawns ?

Crazycryodude has issued a correction as of 20:36 on Jan 6, 2017

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i've finally been hit with negative ads and i can't tell if it's coming from the other dem running for the same seat or a republican trying to soften me before jumping into the race at the last minute :tinfoil: i'm stockpiling a fuckload of cash anyway for a last minute ad blitz

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Ok apparently the Dems are the party of crypto-goons so I'm on board, let's ruin the game for everyone not from SA. Which state could use a new goon?

E: Also, is it acceptable to bring friends from outside SA into the fold to cynically exploit as pawns ?

you can join me in the south if you want, we've got slots and cash to fund you

you could also consider joining the attack squad we have, where you get cash and turn it into attack ads against certain targets to try and demoralize them to the point of leaving the state/game :v:

logikv9 posted:

i've finally been hit with negative ads and i can't tell if it's coming from the other dem running for the same seat or a republican trying to soften me before jumping into the race at the last minute :tinfoil: i'm stockpiling a fuckload of cash anyway for a last minute ad blitz

are you on discord? if not, get in there and ask in #funding for money, don't use power to fundraise cause we have (((bankers))) in CA/NY that pull in mad buxx to fund us

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Crazycryodude posted:

Hell yeah, bring your friends. Ill shoot you an invite to the server when I get a chance if you haven't got it already.

Backing the call to join our death squad, codename Diamond Dogs. While the actual gameplay isnt that deep yet, funded and organized griefing is always in style.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Diamond Dogs? I like the sound of that. Any particular state or policies I should go with to be more effective or is it just "here's a stack of money, go make X's life hell". I'm in the Discord linked in the OP, are there others I need an invite to?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Diamond Dogs? I like the sound of that. Any particular state or policies I should go with to be more effective or is it just "here's a stack of money, go make X's life hell". I'm in the Discord linked in the OP, are there others I need an invite to?

nah, just pick whatever you want, you'll get cash thrown at you and can throw attack ads from across the country, no problemo

join discord and ask in the #general chat to be invited to the room!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The #public_lobby channel in the Democratic Party Discord or do I have to join the general POWER Discord?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

The #public_lobby channel in the Democratic Party Discord or do I have to join the general POWER Discord?

oh, join the dem public lobby and send a message to sniper (http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=118) and tell him your name and stuff, he'll unmask you so you can see all the various rooms and he'll probably throw some cash at you to get you started too

i'm karl sharks in there too if you wanna hit me up~

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

Welcome to the Diamond Dogs

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016
I just joined in as Stephen Stars, D- KY. This seems like so much fun!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fart of Darkness posted:

I just joined in as Stephen Stars, D- KY. This seems like so much fun!

join discord!

https://discord.gg/hwPVD

go in there, follow instructions at the top to get masked so you can talk to the rest of us politics nerds~

come into the #south channel and help us drown the south in a wave of blue

Fart of Darkness
Dec 2, 2016

Karl Sharks posted:

join discord!

https://discord.gg/hwPVD

go in there, follow instructions at the top to get masked so you can talk to the rest of us politics nerds~

come into the #south channel and help us drown the south in a wave of blue

I will as soon as I figure out how to join channels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fart of Darkness posted:

I will as soon as I figure out how to join channels!

if you have discord installed, i think clicking that link should make you auto-join the public lobby, we can help you from there

(i may be wrong, i'm still new to discord myself so i'm not 100% on it since i can't remember exactly what i did in the beginning)

• Locked thread