Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

So are the Diamond Dogs a hush-hush project or am I supposed to identify myself in some way (Discord nickname?)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol karl you idiot.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
LF for LYFE is a very forced acronym

I would call my party the North American Zionists for Israel :downshitler:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Crazycryodude posted:

So are the Diamond Dogs a hush-hush project or am I supposed to identify myself in some way (Discord nickname?)?

you'll get a diff color name once someone can add you to the group

freckle posted:

lol karl you idiot.

karl dumb so what??

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
What is the Dem Discord? Can someone link me?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Just joined as a Dem in Oklahoma named Mike Hunt. Somebody link me the discord channel.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

succ posted:

What is the Dem Discord? Can someone link me?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Just joined as a Dem in Oklahoma named Mike Hunt. Somebody link me the discord channel.

https://discord.gg/txCbdxw

send me an email when you get in the lobby with your name and stuff and i'll mask you

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1125

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

logikv9 posted:

i've finally been hit with negative ads and i can't tell if it's coming from the other dem running for the same seat or a republican trying to soften me before jumping into the race at the last minute :tinfoil: i'm stockpiling a fuckload of cash anyway for a last minute ad blitz

Took me a while to notice but you can see who is sponsoring ads against you by going to News -> Personal Memos in your bar at the top.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Captain Mediocre posted:

Took me a while to notice but you can see who is sponsoring ads against you by going to News -> Personal Memos in your bar at the top.

thanks for this! apparently i've never been attacked yet, but my influence is definitely going down. normal decay? what's up with that

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

logikv9 posted:

thanks for this! apparently i've never been attacked yet, but my influence is definitely going down. normal decay? what's up with that

Either normal decay or you've been flipflopping on ideological realignment?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

logikv9 posted:

Yes, there is decay each turn. You lose your current state influence/100.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

*looks at icon*

zdr is the bessstttt

e: poo poo meant to post in trump thread lol

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
With the decay, it feels impossible to keep up support as an indie unless you save a ton of points. To the dems I go. Going for Indiana.

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1420

Lazer has issued a correction as of 11:55 on Jan 7, 2017

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
C'mon guys, with your help we can push the Libertarians and Greens down a notch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBjblKtj1ag

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enjoy posted:

C'mon guys, with your help we can push the Libertarians and Greens down a notch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBjblKtj1ag

I don't want to help Hillary Clinton do any such thing.

Xmas Dumpster Fire
May 29, 2001

Is there any difference between entering a race early or jumping in during the last few hours? I don't know how the mechanics work, but i guess there has to be some benefit to getting in early that outweighs becoming an immediate target for attack ads.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Xmas Dumpster Fire posted:

Is there any difference between entering a race early or jumping in during the last few hours? I don't know how the mechanics work, but i guess there has to be some benefit to getting in early that outweighs becoming an immediate target for attack ads.

you have to join at least ten hours beforehand

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

freckle posted:

I don't want to help Hillary Clinton do any such thing.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Xmas Dumpster Fire posted:

In an ideal world your party members won't split the ticket if they see you running already, provided you look like you actually stand a chance of winning. Of course the better solution is organising over discord to pick a candidate.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Would it make sense to deliberately split tickets for the opposing sides

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

StashAugustine posted:

Would it make sense to deliberately split tickets for the opposing sides

Maybe, until the party controls and primaries come in.

More effective would be to be a fundraiser for the Dems.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
People willing to sit in CA and raise fat stacks to fund attack dogs are certainly welcome, you earn about 250k a pop at max influence.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
250k is enough to fund an DD basically indefinitely since if you are committing attacks seem to be free

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
That was a mighty rear end whoopin' we just gave the Reps. Senate majority again. :getin:

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
can a mod please fix my party I hosed it up. Thanks in advance. http://oppressive.games/power/party.php?party=20

here's the imgur link to the image I want FVATT3S.png

also I would like the backslashes removed. Again, thanks in advance.

madeupfred has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Jan 8, 2017

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

madeupfred posted:

can a mod please fix my party I hosed it up. Thanks in advance. http://oppressive.games/power/party.php?party=20

mods?!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

madeupfred posted:

done

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

sniper4625 posted:

People willing to sit in CA and raise fat stacks to fund attack dogs are certainly welcome, you earn about 250k a pop at max influence.

Hey, I like being rich and influential while doing almost nothing.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Today's trophy:

Backstory: Some dude made some vaguely anti-dog comment, and the Democratic party took it over from there. AA's, emails, the works. Brought him to DemChat to explain himself, and eventually got to the above.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Oh, hello there new reputation stat. Guess people are going to have to be careful with their attack ad usage now.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unhappy Meal posted:

Oh, hello there new reputation stat. Guess people are going to have to be careful with their attack ad usage now.

RIP Diamond Dogs

Got a new SELL OUT action too. Less power needed than fundraising but you suffer a rep hit.

Is there a Dev diary or anything anywhere?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Reputation should be renamed corruption or else it should start at 100% and go down when you do bad stuff.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Unhappy Meal posted:

As is, the only people who are really vulnerable to attack ads are the people who use them, which seems an admirable incentive not to use them at all. Hopefully it's changed, as it seems like it'll just make the game more static - reputation loss does so much: greater chance to backfire AAs, they're more effective against you, penalties to influence, etc.

kalven
Feb 17, 2006
the 250k figure is per day or something right?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kalven posted:

the 250k figure is per day or something right?

per fundraiser i think

E: may be a bit high

i pull in a bit over 75k per fundraiser right now at 49%

ads are more expensive here however.

freckle has issued a correction as of 13:05 on Jan 8, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

freckle posted:

RIP Diamond Dogs

Got a new SELL OUT action too. Less power needed than fundraising but you suffer a rep hit.

Is there a Dev diary or anything anywhere?

DDs generally dont run for political posts so our vulnerability to attack ads doesnt matter in the slightest. If anything, this makes us even more valuable.

Also AA failure rate has gone way down at least to start so launching lots of attack ads reliably is now easier

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Both main parties' influence seems to be in a long, slow descent, reducing earned influence per player per turn. What causes this and how can it be reversed?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Both main parties' influence seems to be in a long, slow descent, reducing earned influence per player per turn. What causes this and how can it be reversed?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Reputation decays by 5% a turn, but it also reduces your state influence by 1% of reputation per turn. Getting 100% reputation will give you a 20-point hit to state influence over time.

Nevermind, the hover text says state influence will decline by 1% of reputation but that doesn't actually happen. :rumcode:

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Instututional strength started at 100% for both main parties, it'll keep going down by 0.1% a turn until it equalizes with their national support (currently 53.3% for dems and 43.6% for republicans).

HBar has issued a correction as of 17:06 on Jan 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
This is the guy I'm running against in a senate race.

*con happens here*

• Locked thread