Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

wizard on a water slide posted:

so like is it possible/viable to play this as a behind-the-scenes antagonist figure who just raises money for the party, contributes to friendly campaigns, and runs attack ads without giving a single gently caress about your reputation or popular support or w/e? does never actually running for office or campaigning yourself make it impossible to effectively generate much revenue?

or is it dumb to even ask that kind of strategic question at this point

We literally have a working group built around this full of the best people in the org.

It was a lot more fun before AA got nerfed but its still doable just, yeah, work out of CA, NY or TX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's certainly *easier* to do that if you get elected, because holding office means you generate more power, but most of the places where you could do that unopposed while running up reputation already have people in them

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

wizard on a water slide posted:

so like is it possible/viable to play this as a behind-the-scenes antagonist figure who just raises money for the party, contributes to friendly campaigns, and runs attack ads without giving a single gently caress about your reputation or popular support or w/e? does never actually running for office or campaigning yourself make it impossible to effectively generate much revenue?

or is it dumb to even ask that kind of strategic question at this point

Yeah, totally. We've got entire dedicated departments for just running attack ads and such, and plenty of people who fundraise and do other shady backroom poo poo so the office holders don't have to get their hands dirty.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

GlyphGryph posted:

We literally have a working group built around this full of the best people in the org.

It was a lot more fun before AA got nerfed but its still doable just, yeah, work out of CA, NY or TX

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah, totally. We've got entire dedicated departments for just running attack ads and such, and plenty of people who fundraise and do other shady backroom poo poo so the office holders don't have to get their hands dirty.

Word. I'm in as Sarie Antoinette, a libertine aristocrat who is definitely a California fundraiser and has absolutely no long designs on ever turning our colonial homeland of Louisiana blue

I'll prolly be in Discord later today

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Being a fundraiser / attacker and just dedicating yourself to a state by funding the dems in it and wacking the Rs from the distant shores of california is a good strategy.

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

this game is piss

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

pissssssssssssssssssssss

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

tfw when you dominate the game too much and the democrats have to cheat and hack the game to win.

This is really like real life.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Lol at the above /pol/tard

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I haven't been keeping up with the discord so what even happened there? I noticed about 100 GOP pols got purged at some point after proposing a million terrible bills, I assume for scripting or alt accounts or something

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Fullhouse posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the discord so what even happened there? I noticed about 100 GOP pols got purged at some point after proposing a million terrible bills, I assume for scripting or alt accounts or something

they (some gop person) were running sql injections and dropping tables and then the clock turned over and all their poo poo was hosed

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Cheen posted:

they (some gop person) were running sql injections and dropping tables and then the clock turned over and all their poo poo was hosed

lmao

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

It's been one hell of a past few days, for sure.

Don't poke the Rumcode, people, or you might fall through.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Republicans took over the Dems, so glad the dev believes theres never any reason we would need to kick people.

GAME BROKEN, DEV FLAKED AS USUALLY, DON'T PLAY

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

rumsod is a lovely game developer??????????

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Control Volume posted:

rumsod is a lovely game developer??????????

it always ends in tears

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lol rip nice goatse

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

sniper4625 posted:

Republicans took over the Dems, so glad the dev believes theres never any reason we would need to kick people.

GAME BROKEN, DEV FLAKED AS USUALLY, DON'T PLAY

Infiltrate I could understand. How would they have taken them over though?

Oh oh is it the party treasury and fundraising mechanic? That seemed ripe for abuse.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The Republicans had about 100 members arbitrarily switch to the Democrats, then they all voted for one of them as chairman. The new chairman mailed the entire treasury home, then set party fees at 99% so nobody could raise any extra money. This all happened in the span of about 5 minutes.

Thanks Rumsod, gg.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

The Republicans had about 100 members arbitrarily switch to the Democrats, then they all voted for one of them as chairman. The new chairman mailed the entire treasury home, then set party fees at 99% so nobody could raise any extra money. This all happened in the span of about 5 minutes.

That makes them smart.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong it was a genius move and I don't hold any grudges - all they did was play the game. Still gonna bitch about it, though.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Oh well, rip the game then. Shouldn't have given the republicans help!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Enjoy posted:

That makes them smart.

We should be mad that we didn't think of it sooner, but it's bullshit that it's possible.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

We should be mad that we didn't think of it sooner, but it's bullshit that it's possible.

The concept has been known and bandied about for a while - it's only possible if one side has a huge numbers advantage on the other, but don't worry rumsod's banner ad is totally going to save the game guys.

My only regret is that you can't redtext a mod, calling rumsod out as such is an integral part of the Goonpocalypse experience.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Waiting for someone to find the design decision that would destroy the game while rumsod disappeared on another benzo trip or wherever the hell he goes was the only reason I was logging in anymore, glad to see that the 4chan exploit game is still on point.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

If only that was for me

I still can't tell which email is mine, as I get all of them.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Woah, now THAT's a Rumbug I missed. You get literally every email sent in the game?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Crazycryodude posted:

Woah, now THAT's a Rumbug I missed. You get literally every email sent in the game?

Yes. I posted a few entertaining ones a while back but it's all boring as hell when there's no real action going on.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I wonder who Bernie's sexting

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

ThndrShk2k posted:

Yes. I posted a few entertaining ones a while back but it's all boring as hell when there's no real action going on.

You could post the rage emails people send about getting purged/

PinkSox
Dec 27, 2003
I BUY BIG RED TITLES FOR MY FRIENDS

I like how the democratic side has gone completely batshit.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Has the reset happened yet?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Are people still complaining about the 69% party fees? Noone has yet guessed the true meaning.

This game is broken, play something else

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

sniper4625 posted:

Are people still complaining about the 69% party fees? Noone has yet guessed the true meaning.

This game is broken, play something else

It's broken because you can't set it to 420%, right

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

RandallODim posted:

It's broken because you can't set it to 420%, right

First thing I tried. Boo rudimentary error catching.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
game's all pee poop.

an apt reflection of the current government.

Also I still see everyone's emails.

Another apt reflection.

PinkSox
Dec 27, 2003
I BUY BIG RED TITLES FOR MY FRIENDS

The game is completely hosed. It's now throwing MySQL errors.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
All his games are, this might be the Final Ending.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh my god did we kill the Rumgames? Or are they just being moved to a new series of tubes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
lmao rumsod *probably* reset Power (and he readded the bloc game db) but in Bloc, there is no turn. IS that the case for Power too?

Rumsod, plz.

• Locked thread