Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

18 Character Limit posted:

This is the guy I'm running against in a senate race.

*con happens here*

Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
What state?

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

logikv9 posted:

What state?

Georgia.

18 Character Limit posted:

Sure why not.

It was time for William Tecumseh Sherman to return to Georgia.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Apparently your positions shift depending how you vote as a senator- vote for left-leaning stuff makes you further left etc

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
what in the world are you people doing to get blue Montana and Texas but red New York

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Well, you have to understand that the Democratic party right now is basically just a loose collection of every ideology from far left to far right that pays the occasional tribute to Sniper because parties don't have set positions yet, and diverging from the nominal ones isn't only not punished, it's actively encouraged to tailor your public policies to whatever makes the locals vote for you.

Basically, parties are less about political beliefs as much as cliques from outside the game (i.e. goons have infested the Dems, /pol/ and the ashes of the Paradox forums have taken up with the Reps)

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gyra_Solune posted:

what in the world are you people doing to get blue Montana and Texas but red New York

Montana is full of Democrats who are smart and very handsome.

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

Crazycryodude posted:

Well, you have to understand that the Democratic party right now is basically just a loose collection of every ideology from far left to far right that pays the occasional tribute to Sniper because parties don't have set positions yet, and diverging from the nominal ones isn't only not punished, it's actively encouraged to tailor your public policies to whatever makes the locals vote for you.

Basically, parties are less about political beliefs as much as cliques from outside the game (i.e. goons have infested the Dems, /pol/ and the ashes of the Paradox forums have taken up with the Reps)

this is basically the history of the democratic party in the 20th century anyway.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
We are the biggest tent party held together by love of cash, dogs, and increasingly intricate griefing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

take my money, nuke georgia

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
NJ is an ultra-blue state now, with all the republicans no longer playing. we have one republican, one independent, and one green party fucker. :getin:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

logikv9 posted:

NJ is an ultra-blue state now, with all the republicans no longer playing. we have one republican, one independent, and one green party fucker. :getin:

Excellent.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

logikv9 posted:

take my money, nuke georgia

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
also hello Republican nazi 12 year olds who violently refresh this thread as though they are gaining insight into what dems are doing lol.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Paper With Lines posted:

also hello Republican nazi 12 year olds who violently refresh this thread as though they are gaining insight into what dems are doing lol.

dont doxx me

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

We should have ZDR build a pay wall, and make the paradox forums pay for it

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

HiHo ChiRho posted:

We should have ZDR build a pay wall, and make the paradox forums pay for it

:omarcomin:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Both main parties' influence seems to be in a long, slow descent, reducing earned influence per player per turn. What causes this and how can it be reversed?

Party institutional strength heads towards party support, which is basically all members state influence/total state influence of pols in parties, so if party inst strength is higher than party support if decreases slowly, and if lower it rises slowly. I started off Dems and GOP with 100% when i reset it a week ago because I wanted to at least have the game start off with a two party system.

Sidestep
May 16, 2012

I joined up with the Dem horde as a crypto-commie in Montana. Apparently there are already a couple of goons wrecking it here, is there a nearby Red state my efforts might be better served in?

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
Is this another Rumsod special?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blanketspace posted:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Do voters vote based on only Home State influence + positions, or is there a partisan aspect? As a political nerd, I can say that in the real world, most people don't really keep track of actual policy positions, they just vote for a party.

Also, is there a Senate primary? If not, it seems like it'd be very open to spoilers.

Dear Dev:
If this game starts to really expand, you should open up the individual states to local politics. It'd be neat if individual states could set their own election polices or other local stuff.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Blanketspace posted:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Do voters vote based on only Home State influence + positions, or is there a partisan aspect? As a political nerd, I can say that in the real world, most people don't really keep track of actual policy positions, they just vote for a party.

Also, is there a Senate primary? If not, it seems like it'd be very open to spoilers.

Dear Dev:
If this game starts to really expand, you should open up the individual states to local politics. It'd be neat if individual states could set their own election polices or other local stuff.

I will be adding a "party loyalty" for each state, which should represent that. There is no partisan aspect at the moment except the power boost from institutional strength.

I would need a ton of players to fill out state leges. I probably don't even have enough at to fill out the house atm.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

So I've joined Dem Discord, who do I need to message to get unmasked?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

consumed by normies posted:

I will be adding a "party loyalty" for each state, which should represent that. There is no partisan aspect at the moment except the power boost from institutional strength.

I would need a ton of players to fill out state leges. I probably don't even have enough at to fill out the house atm.

Starting with a full horizontal slice rather than trying for a vertical slice and limited hoirzontal does seem like it would cause some problems with regards to every new feature having it's impact immediately multiplied by 50.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

HBar posted:

This game really encourages you to sell out. I started out as an extreme leftist in LF for LYFE, now I'm planning to go center-right and endlessly fundraise on Wall Street.

Yeah, I had to moderate from Very Left Wing on both categories because people were threatening not to fund me in SC.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have been informed this game is just a front of a front for John Podesta's child sex ring.

So avoid playing this at all costs, unless you want to wind up in prison with the rest of these despicable garbage people.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

pizzagate is real, and strong, and is my friend

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I can confirm I have eaten comet pizza irl.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

consumed by normies posted:

You'd need a zillion players, especially since every state has different sized legislatures.

But, it's something to think about if lighting strikes and one day you wake up to thousands and thousands of new players.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You'd need a zillion players, especially since every state has different sized legislatures.

But, it's something to think about if lighting strikes and one day you wake up to thousands and thousands of new players.

About 5000 total. No biggie.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Whelp Dem party fee up to 50%, no more rallies for me for a while.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Aramoro posted:

seriously what is this horseshit

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ahaha the fees are killing me but i'm safe in my state :shrug:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

blame sniper

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

cams posted:

seriously what is this horseshit

Switching parties is only 5 AP so join LF4LYFE while fundraising, it will be cheaper if you do more than 1 at a time

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Aramoro posted:

You should be talking to the party and getting money to run ads instead of doing rallies anyway.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
FULL COMMUNISM NEVER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Maybe not a full state legislature but some sort of second position for each state so it's not "win governor completely control state" would probably nice. State treasurer perhaps?

• Locked thread