Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
wrong thread

Fat Twitter Man has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

GlyphGryph posted:

Considering the drawbacks, its pretty interesting to see a Communist in the Senate. I wonder how they pulled it off.

He's losing his election by a lot because Democrats are running attack ads against him even though there's no Democrat in his race.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

sniper4625 posted:

There might be, all sorts of random pubbies act in ways that in no way advance the cause.

Are you a Dem? Who told you to get out of the race?

Probably me. I'm Henry Plummer.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Gyra_Solune posted:

what in the world are you people doing to get blue Montana and Texas but red New York

Montana is full of Democrats who are smart and very handsome.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You'd need a zillion players, especially since every state has different sized legislatures.

But, it's something to think about if lighting strikes and one day you wake up to thousands and thousands of new players.

About 5000 total. No biggie.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

reignonyourparade posted:

Maybe not a full state legislature but some sort of second position for each state so it's not "win governor completely control state" would probably nice. State treasurer perhaps?

State party chairman to oversee the primary process. Also Lt Gov as an appointed position that does nothing but raise influence.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Baronash posted:

Is Andrew Rusher from the KNP someone here? My buddies and I took over an empty party, and now some guy is getting comically angry that we are all in the wrong states and stole his party.

He's a crazy Internet person who's all over a lot of places, not a gimmick.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

18 Character Limit posted:

This isn't an exaggeration, by the way. That's one of their names.

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=2640

I'm not even sure why they got the bailout when Rumsod had already made it so Full Communism Now wasn't viable and made it so being a right wing Democrat in a red state gave you reduced power, plus a couple third parties were on the upswing

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Emergent behavior is the best part of simulation games.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

wizard on a water slide posted:

so like is it possible/viable to play this as a behind-the-scenes antagonist figure who just raises money for the party, contributes to friendly campaigns, and runs attack ads without giving a single gently caress about your reputation or popular support or w/e? does never actually running for office or campaigning yourself make it impossible to effectively generate much revenue?

or is it dumb to even ask that kind of strategic question at this point

yeah, there's lots of room for people who don't run for office. Just go to CA or NY so you can raise more money.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
All the people who ragequit after the reset are really missing out

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cheen posted:

please go into detail!

edit: my account can see everyone's emails

The Presidential election is a function of "campaign strength", which can be pumped up by people spending money and power, and party institutional strength, which is derived from national support. The 4chan nazi Republicans had been a supermajority and were still at around 50% institutional strength, the not-Democrats and the Libertarians were each around 25%.

The not-quite-Democratic candidate, Chaka Khan, told a triple agent that she'd tried switching parties to take advantage of the Republican's institutional strength but that it hadn't worked. She was down something like 60-40, so the not-quite-Democrats pumped a huge amount of money into her campaign, and the Republicans ignored it because there was basically no way they could lose, then Chaka switched to Republican at the last minute, won easily because her campaign strength was three times that of the real Republican, then switched back to Democrat.

The Republican candidate/chair quit the game in a rage.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

i am very shook by the fact that some of the best political manoeuvring that this game has seen happened long after i had written it off as dead and gay

It is exactly as dead and gay as it was last time around

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
the biggest difference from v1 is that everyone in v1 thought all the bugs would be fixed and the game would be magical and fun and everyone in v2 has completely given up as is just abusing the game's bugs to antagonize Republicans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

In my defense, I never played bloc. but there were plenty of people who had who were waxing rhapsodic about how great it would be when he implemented the House and state legislatures

• Locked thread