Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Choo choo!

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1206

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

This game really encourages you to sell out. I started out as an extreme leftist in LF for LYFE, now I'm planning to go center-right and endlessly fundraise on Wall Street.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

There goes my idea for a dumb meme bill.

Patriotic American Waters Act:
Recognizing that it is un-Ameriacan to name U.S. waters for a foreign nation, and recognizing the importance of grazing livestock to the economy and agriculture of the United States and its neighbors, the Gulf of Mexico shall henceforth be known as the Goat Sea.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Reputation decays by 5% a turn, but it also reduces your state influence by 1% of reputation per turn. Getting 100% reputation will give you a 20-point hit to state influence over time.

Nevermind, the hover text says state influence will decline by 1% of reputation but that doesn't actually happen. :rumcode:

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Both main parties' influence seems to be in a long, slow descent, reducing earned influence per player per turn. What causes this and how can it be reversed?
Instututional strength started at 100% for both main parties, it'll keep going down by 0.1% a turn until it equalizes with their national support (currently 53.3% for dems and 43.6% for republicans).

HBar has issued a correction as of 17:06 on Jan 8, 2017

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Yeah, give speeches until you're below 10%. You're already in a cheap state, so just keep cycling between 0-10% until you have the positions you want (if you were in a more expensive state I'd recommend moving to WY to cycle positions). Including the 10 TV ads, it'll cost a total of about 30 power and $1-2k per speech. As always, ask the dem discord if you run out of money.

The only other way to switch positions right now is to vote on bills in the senate, but you aren't likely to get there if your positions don't already match your state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

sniper4625 posted:

About 250k. I don't know about NY.
I was making $109k at 79% in NY. At that rate it would only be $138k at 100%, but the multiplier would probably increase a few times too. So maybe $150-180k, but definitely less than CA.

• Locked thread