Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

consumed by normies posted:

hey yall, im actually the developer of this game. if anyone has any questions about it please post.

are the positions of demograpghic's static atm? if so, is there a plan to make it change depending on the influence of certain positions held by politicians in that state?

like if you have 10 extremely left wing politicians at 100% influence that should be mirrored by the population, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

How can I successfully hail Satan, through legislation or is there a separate button I press?

send me money in increments of $666

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I guess credibility is a better word for that discrepancy than influence at 100%- even if they respect your opinion they might not agree with it, and/or there's no way to change their minds.

So far I like it, it's like a cooler/better version of NationStates from way back when.

i mean it feels natural to me for that to cause some shift; not saying if you got lenins in every position and a bunch more at full influence that the entire state would be all 'full communism now' but surely it would cause some shift?

i mean, charisma or whatever can only go so far, at some point you start to agree with their politics

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

yes and yes. Politicians will be able to use their state influence to change the policies of their state pop, very slowly and expensively but it will be possible. There will also be ways to change turnout, for example by having congress make voting mandatory or gerrymandering type stuff by state govs, or if economy goes to poo poo have the population (or at least poor and middle class) move leftward on economics, etc.

is it just you working on this? sounds like a fun project to work on if you're looking for help

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Zyla posted:

I'm in this! as A Mound Of Jello

o poo poo waddup

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1125

dat me

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=118

email that guy and he'll give you some cashmoney

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

sniper4625 posted:

Yeah I've already started throwing around some welcome packages, I'll send some more round whenever I get a chance tomorrow.

o poo poo is that you?

e: i missed you mentioning that's you, cool beans

Karl Sharks has issued a correction as of 05:59 on Jan 2, 2017

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

logikv9 posted:

The discord is for everyone right? Nothing goon-exclusive

i believe so, just makes communication easier

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

succ posted:

Running for KS Senate 1 Seat. Give me money. http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1474

get in discord and we'll throw money at you

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Ok apparently the Dems are the party of crypto-goons so I'm on board, let's ruin the game for everyone not from SA. Which state could use a new goon?

E: Also, is it acceptable to bring friends from outside SA into the fold to cynically exploit as pawns ?

you can join me in the south if you want, we've got slots and cash to fund you

you could also consider joining the attack squad we have, where you get cash and turn it into attack ads against certain targets to try and demoralize them to the point of leaving the state/game :v:

logikv9 posted:

i've finally been hit with negative ads and i can't tell if it's coming from the other dem running for the same seat or a republican trying to soften me before jumping into the race at the last minute :tinfoil: i'm stockpiling a fuckload of cash anyway for a last minute ad blitz

are you on discord? if not, get in there and ask in #funding for money, don't use power to fundraise cause we have (((bankers))) in CA/NY that pull in mad buxx to fund us

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Diamond Dogs? I like the sound of that. Any particular state or policies I should go with to be more effective or is it just "here's a stack of money, go make X's life hell". I'm in the Discord linked in the OP, are there others I need an invite to?

nah, just pick whatever you want, you'll get cash thrown at you and can throw attack ads from across the country, no problemo

join discord and ask in the #general chat to be invited to the room!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

The #public_lobby channel in the Democratic Party Discord or do I have to join the general POWER Discord?

oh, join the dem public lobby and send a message to sniper (http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=118) and tell him your name and stuff, he'll unmask you so you can see all the various rooms and he'll probably throw some cash at you to get you started too

i'm karl sharks in there too if you wanna hit me up~

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fart of Darkness posted:

I just joined in as Stephen Stars, D- KY. This seems like so much fun!

join discord!

https://discord.gg/hwPVD

go in there, follow instructions at the top to get masked so you can talk to the rest of us politics nerds~

come into the #south channel and help us drown the south in a wave of blue

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fart of Darkness posted:

I will as soon as I figure out how to join channels!

if you have discord installed, i think clicking that link should make you auto-join the public lobby, we can help you from there

(i may be wrong, i'm still new to discord myself so i'm not 100% on it since i can't remember exactly what i did in the beginning)

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

So are the Diamond Dogs a hush-hush project or am I supposed to identify myself in some way (Discord nickname?)?

you'll get a diff color name once someone can add you to the group

freckle posted:

lol karl you idiot.

karl dumb so what??

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

succ posted:

What is the Dem Discord? Can someone link me?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Just joined as a Dem in Oklahoma named Mike Hunt. Somebody link me the discord channel.

https://discord.gg/txCbdxw

send me an email when you get in the lobby with your name and stuff and i'll mask you

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1125

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

*looks at icon*

zdr is the bessstttt

e: poo poo meant to post in trump thread lol

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Sidestep posted:

I joined up with the Dem horde as a crypto-commie in Montana. Apparently there are already a couple of goons wrecking it here, is there a nearby Red state my efforts might be better served in?

you can join me in the south

i'm in NC and it's not bad, more of a challenge if you like that

Aramoro posted:

Whelp Dem party fee up to 50%, no more rallies for me for a while.

1) you shouldn't do rallies to begin with, get in discord and ask for money

2) fees are at 50% for the presidential election so we can take the white house, will be lower after that

3) plus we're having to play catch up in some of the more difficult/important races when the full cost of ads and stuff kicked in, we were seriously strapped for cash then

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

reignonyourparade posted:

Maybe not a full state legislature but some sort of second position for each state so it's not "win governor completely control state" would probably nice. State treasurer perhaps?

dev said he'd like to add state legislature positions, like maybe 2 or 3 that get elected

and the legislature is largely NPC at the beginning, but you can strengthen it and stuff from there, but then gov would be able to veto, lege go for 2/3rds vote, etc.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

there will be pushback against dominant parties.

For example, there will basically be random events (Stock market crash! Unemployment increases across the nation!) that will deal a large blow to incumbents, shaking things up.

will the dominant party be able to pass laws to mitigate/reverse the damage?

like if unemployment rises, can we start a national jobs program?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

quick troll /pol/ with us

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/106728622

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Yinlock posted:

i feel like this experiment was a success

yeah that's a whole funny story that someone needs to write up, but not me right now

ps yinlock you should join us

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Enjoy posted:

Now that rumsod is adding mechanics to further penalise 3rd parties we are gonna have to organise a little, so here is a discord for leftists https://discord.gg/SbzXnwh

oh no you can't switch to our party and leech off of us

mods???

wait, poo poo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

hey karl i sent you an email about the dem discord last night btw

yeah i missed that in between other emails, i sent one back with the discord link (i think, we don't have outboxes)

so just hop on and either ping me or tell someone karl sharks said you're cool

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The Hoksfeld Manifesto

another good minimanifesto:

Johny is a river to his people. Johny is the man who you want to send youre money to if youre sick of youre superiors, for johny can arrange that any state ellection get's rigged in favour of those who seeks the service's of his network skills, johny knows much people who know people, and Johny is not afraid of the party heads. The zodiac killer is a oval office kid, and Domai favours his inner circle. They can't do anything against Johny. Johny has set them in their underpants before, make them loose face and huge amounts of money, making a 9 million profit out of a 6 million funding to make Domai loose 40 million $ in just 2 days, All johny needs is more followers to be a river too.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

sniper4625 posted:

I dry my tears on White House stationary.

Look have been a king maker and I have a up coming from king in my hands all I needed from you is all our power and allies helping my king. I have guss that you will not listen to me but this could help us both have a say in the White House one day. We are the king maker not the king.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

have the nazis been sharing their top kek memes with you?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

hobotrashcanfires posted:

Postin' in the power thread about ed balls

wish you could see me now, James Dobson

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

dylguy90 posted:

drat, third parties seem to be effectively splitting the vote in a lot of states. Can't blame them - seems like a decent way to extort some dollars from the main parties. Easier than fundraising?

thing is, power is the limiting thing

you can put a friend in the dems and fundraise from CA, but you can't farm power to hand out

it'll be easier when the house or eventually mayors get added, so third party people have something to get an extra +1 to build up

• Locked thread