Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Joined up as Hodor. How do I bring the North to heel while it's populous is completely on the opposite spectrum of my political views?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
This is beautiful, the party is even in-fighting in Discord! Politics simiulator 2017.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
So when do we make the Goon Caliphate?

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

consumed by normies posted:

hey yall, im actually the developer of this game. if anyone has any questions about it please post.

my starting advice is to first thing join one of the two major parties, as they get significant benefits as they are dominant right now. third party and independent is difficult at start. be aware that the republicans are currently run by /pol/ types, so yeah.

also, make sure to get on the discord and talk with your party because they will give you money to get elected.

the game is pretty drat simplistic at the moment, I intend to expand it and make it more interesting.

I made multiple accounts without realizing it was against the rules. How do I go about getting one of them removed?

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
The plan seems to be:

- Hold all three offices in each state
- Gain 80%+ influence for optimal fundraising (I made that figure up, you can probably do well with 60%+)
- Don't run against your own party for an office
- If you're not running for office or have really high influence, run attack ads against the usurpers.

Also, very important :frogsiren: Create mans in red states, join the Dems, hop on Discord and ask for money:frogsiren:

P.S. You can save yourself a lot of pain if you hop on Discord and ask about the demographics in a certain state before you set your policies.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
That was masterful, Sniper. The shitstream that came out of that big reveal....I've never seen a discord so upset.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Just join the Dems, they're mostly center-right IRL anyway.

This. And as an added bonus, if you join sign up as a Dem in a plains state, I will personally bankroll your rise to power after the next election cycle.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Flamester posted:

Well, I just made a horrible mistake with my politician name. Is there a easy way to change the name or delete the account?

Get on Discord and message LBJ/Rumsod aka consumed by normies. He's the dev for this wonky game.

Also, when are we going to break off and create our party/join LF4LYFE? The channers are really starting to come out of the woodwork now.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Jesus, this discord chat rivals the pubbies of Amaranthine in off the wall stupidity.

Moose_Knuck has issued a correction as of 02:54 on Jan 4, 2017

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

"Crypto jew" ... that's a new one.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
It even has a wikipedia page?? Jesus, I thought he was trying to be edgy. These racists are more enlightened than I thought.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I also joined Colorado and I'm upset that our governor is an anime

It gets better: your governor is also the plains regional chair for the Dems. But he/she/it is nice, and will help you out.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Oh god, I'm having CN flashbacks now: http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1365

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
I will definitely help fund this when I get my influence up in OH.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
:rumcode:

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Hop on the Dem Discord, son. There are plenty of rich Dems willing to open their coffers to a brother in arms.

EDIT: I don't know if sniper has read this in awhile, so make sure you send him an in-game e-mail http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=118 .

Moose_Knuck has issued a correction as of 04:26 on Jan 5, 2017

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Apparently you don't need to be logged in to check the demographics of a state. :siren: Make sure you do this before creating a new account, so you can align your positions. :siren:

Go to the link: http://oppressive.games/power/state.php?state= but after the "=" at the end, type the two-letter state code.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Man, rumsod deleting those useless bills REALLY pissed the channers off. lolol

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008

Aramoro posted:

I got this in OH getting loads of emails from people demanding that Freeborn John pull out of the race! I did because it was really tight and I have basically no support yet.

If you want to support my push for the Levellers and the free born rights of every citizen please feel free!
http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1443

Yeah, that was me; a little bit of friendly fire. Hop on Discord with us, homie. The link is in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
That was a mighty rear end whoopin' we just gave the Reps. Senate majority again. :getin:

• Locked thread