Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Hey, if you're joining this game, go Team Dem! We're cool, and Republicans aren't, the dirty channers.

Edit: Enjoy don't post links to private chats in public forums, Dem discord is avaliable in game. Stop by!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Enjoy posted:

It's Her Time

Hillary Rodham Clinton is pleased to announce the founding of the soon-to-be ruling party of America, the Liberation Front for Leninist Youth Fighters (Eurocommunist)

The party programme includes:-

- Reduction in the size of the nuclear arsenal by launching it at Israel
- Tax benefits for interracial families, with the aim of phasing out whiteness by 2050
- Job creation for reactionaries in special government camps
- Soup kitchens for the poor, using meat reclaimed from capitalists
- Mandatory gender reassignment
- Reparations for exploited nations, domestic and foreign

Pictured: two comrades dispense aid to the needy

Splitters are awful and I hope you enjoy your total lack of power income. :colbert:

Any Dems who join, message me in game for a special welcome package. (I'm Dem Chair.) Also join Discord.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Karl Sharks posted:

http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=118

email that guy and he'll give you some cashmoney

Yeah I've already started throwing around some welcome packages, I'll send some more round whenever I get a chance tomorrow.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
We are the biggest tent party, all are welcome. I tried to go through my email list before work to send out some dosh, if I missed you, I'll get you this evening.

In the mean time, get on Discord when you can. LBJ can get you set up if I'm not around.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Captain Mediocre posted:

I'm in and hiding in Oregon.

So far I've just been building up state influence with a rally/tv/fundraise feedback loop but to be honest it sorta looks like the dems have it covered here. What else could/should I be doing?

If you're not actively running for a seat, building up influence and cash reserves is great, as is throwing some attacks towards likely targets. We've also got a forum now! Link in the Discord.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

logikv9 posted:

The discord is for everyone right? Nothing goon-exclusive

Yeah, it's been the primary communication method thus far, and the goon presence is pretty new. (But growing!)

Baltar authed you.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Moose_Knuck posted:

That was masterful, Sniper. The shitstream that came out of that big reveal....I've never seen a discord so upset.

For anyone not up to speed, our friends at the paradox forums (Thread here, pro read towards the end.) were trying to play it cute by infiltrating both parties and working their way up. We caught on, but alas, a traitor gave the game away, hence the rage. Looks like they may be defecting to the Republicans? I did get this at 5AM

In short please join the Dems and solidify our blue reign.

sniper4625 has issued a correction as of 18:21 on Jan 3, 2017

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Joining a third party is dumb, because you get like +2 power instead of +9! Just join the Democratic Party - we're having elections, so plenty of room for Goons to seize leadership positions and lead boldly into the future.

And crushing the hopes and dreams of the Paradoxeers has brought me no small amount of joy.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

logikv9 posted:

my guess: major party until elected, then switched parties

Goddamn traitor, if you're talking about Bern Feeler. :argh:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Concerned Citizen posted:

Is that the guy from Montana? I joined his race when I first started the game and I was immediately told I should bow out to help him win. Are there really Dems running attack ads?

There might be, all sorts of random pubbies act in ways that in no way advance the cause.

Are you a Dem? Who told you to get out of the race?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Xelkelvos posted:

Goon Communist Party when?

Edit: Better question: Why no straight up GOON party?

Because third parties are incredibly gimped in terms of Power gain, so transforming the Democratic Party in our image is a far more feasible goal.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Moose_Knuck posted:

Hop on the Dem Discord, son. There are plenty of rich Dems willing to open their coffers to a brother in arms.

EDIT: I don't know if sniper has read this in awhile, so make sure you send him an in-game e-mail http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=118 .

I'm still here, still sending out the gifts. Always more room in the Democratic Party, always a little more campaign cash to throw around.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Lazer posted:

Getting into this game and doing it hard mode. Running as an independent, though my positions align with most democrats.

Any funding for my stupid mission is appreciated. http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1420

You're running against one of the Paradoxeers, so have a little bit. If you want more, you gotta go Blue.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Paper With Lines posted:

Many of the channels don't know anything about American politics either... other than they are sure the Jews control everything. In other words you'll be fine.

This is our Democratic nominee, so if you're not already in the party, join up so we can get a good man in the White House. (Higher national support for the party = higher polling numbers.)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

oldskool posted:

looks like every governor and second senator got wiped out?

Rumsod the Badmin strikes again.

If you are a Dem, and there's an open race, have at it.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

logikv9 posted:

Should I go for the open senate seat or the governor's seat? Can governors do anything yet?

State mechanics are not in yet, Senate is probably better.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Enjoy posted:

BTW that is the dude who is currently cheering the genocide of gypsies in the off topic channel

Have fun with your racist party sniper, I'm going back to LF4LYFE after this election :)

Pubbies remain awful, news at 11.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

logikv9 posted:

NJ is dem heavy and we're about to take over all three seats. It's also pretty sweet for fundraising, although I don't know the haul people in NY/CA are getting. I'm around 65% influence and I get 30-35k each fundraiser?

$250k at 100% influence in CA.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Captain Mediocre posted:

Do the senate bills actually have any effect on the game or are they just fluff?

They kind of do now, since game dev removed the option of the dumb no effect bills. But the actual ingame laws passed don't actually do anything yet.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Enjoy posted:

Join up y'all

http://oppressive.games/power/party.php?party=14

It's time to kill the Democratic party

Enjoy your tiny party for tiny people who are OK with tiny power gain.

Edit: Yeah, if you're a Dem at all interested in money, get on Discord. Plenty to go around.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Crazycryodude posted:

Ok apparently the Dems are the party of crypto-goons so I'm on board, let's ruin the game for everyone not from SA. Which state could use a new goon?

E: Also, is it acceptable to bring friends from outside SA into the fold to cynically exploit as pawns ?

Hell yeah, bring your friends. Ill shoot you an invite to the server when I get a chance if you haven't got it already.

Backing the call to join our death squad, codename Diamond Dogs. While the actual gameplay isnt that deep yet, funded and organized griefing is always in style.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
People willing to sit in CA and raise fat stacks to fund attack dogs are certainly welcome, you earn about 250k a pop at max influence.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Today's trophy:

Backstory: Some dude made some vaguely anti-dog comment, and the Democratic party took it over from there. AA's, emails, the works. Brought him to DemChat to explain himself, and eventually got to the above.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Unhappy Meal posted:

Oh, hello there new reputation stat. Guess people are going to have to be careful with their attack ad usage now.

As is, the only people who are really vulnerable to attack ads are the people who use them, which seems an admirable incentive not to use them at all. Hopefully it's changed, as it seems like it'll just make the game more static - reputation loss does so much: greater chance to backfire AAs, they're more effective against you, penalties to influence, etc.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
We are the biggest tent party held together by love of cash, dogs, and increasingly intricate griefing.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

logikv9 posted:

NJ is an ultra-blue state now, with all the republicans no longer playing. we have one republican, one independent, and one green party fucker. :getin:

Excellent.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I can confirm I have eaten comet pizza irl.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
If you need funds ask in discord, but this new due featured is making bank off the vast pubbies masses. (% Will also go down after presidential election.)

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Lowered to 20%, all you complainers.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Looks like another /pol/ recruitment thread just went up, so if you've been thinking about joining the Dems, now's a great time!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

StashAugustine posted:

:sherman:

How should I go about going to the Dem discord and begging for money in a quixotic attempt to get elected in Utah

Link should be found in the in-game party discussion thread, or email me ingame (Dem Chairman) and I'll get it to you.

This goes for anyone not in yet who is interested - Team GOP did another /pol/ recruitment wave, so no time like the present.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Karl Sharks posted:

another good minimanifesto:

Johny is a river to his people. Johny is the man who you want to send youre money to if youre sick of youre superiors, for johny can arrange that any state ellection get's rigged in favour of those who seeks the service's of his network skills, johny knows much people who know people, and Johny is not afraid of the party heads. The zodiac killer is a oval office kid, and Domai favours his inner circle. They can't do anything against Johny. Johny has set them in their underpants before, make them loose face and huge amounts of money, making a 9 million profit out of a 6 million funding to make Domai loose 40 million $ in just 2 days, All johny needs is more followers to be a river too.

I dry my tears on White House stationary.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Everyone make fun of Enjoy for working with King Autist Johnny Kamehameha.

Also rumsod please get on Discord we caught a multi.

sniper4625 has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Jan 14, 2017

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

C. Everett Koop posted:

So what's the best way to become a filthy rainmaker, sign up in Cali and fundraise like crazy?

Yeah, California makes the most, so get in, get Democratic if you aren't already so we can fund your influence gain, and then give back to the party and your fellows.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Does California really make the most? The wealthy make up double what they do in New York than California, percentage-wise, which with half CA's population makes the wealthy donor population about equal. How much would a 100%-influence CA fundraiser make? At first glance it would seem CA is just a more expensive place to run ads because of the larger state population.

About 250k. I don't know about NY.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
The shamefulest goon, attacking Hiho on behalf of JBZ. :(

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Enjoy posted:

We're doing the goon pals thing now I don't need help in an election, are we

I dunno what this means but lol that you are working with Johnny "the Don," King of the POWER Mob

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Peanut Butler posted:

yikes there are a lot of people taking this a thousand percent seriously and getting upset over fake politics

I don't doubt that it is, but how secure is my email address I used to sign up? My internet senses are detecting fertile doxxing grounds and idk if I wanna get too involved dealing with people in game until I get a feel for the odds of an internet lunatic with more drive than sense ruining my day/month-

flew a lil too close to that sun already this week

Game is fun and cool though! It strikes me as a Paradox game and an Idler game's weird little baby

I don't believe it is front end accessible, only rumsod can speak to the back end. The only people who've I really seen get doxxed in these games are people who have really invoked the ire of the community, but hit us up on Discord whenever you decide to hop in.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Is there any way to change my sign in email that is my exact name irl :downs: other than creating a new man? :ohdear:

PM consumed by normies/rumsod/LBJ in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

StashAugustine posted:

Hey whoever cares I'm having trouble getting Internet access so I've been slow but it looks like the current governor of UT lost a primary to an antisemitic caricature and I should be able to squeeze out the election with some funding

You're all powered up, get in there.

• Locked thread