Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

C-SPAM vs /pol

clash of the titans somethings

We just fended off an attempted takeover by the Third Way Paradoxians who didn't care whether the winner was a Dem or a Republican as long as they were a Paradoxian.

Phew, can you imagine if we had let the third wayers with their lack of party loyalty take over the party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

sethimothy posted:

Welp, I'm in as Dick Eshuge, and I already messed up by going Center Right, Left Wing. Really should have thought through what I was doing before going "Oh hey, a new game on SA, I'll give that a shot."

Time to find a party I can join that my views won't totally be messed up with.

It's more a "state" than a "party". Your views can be whatever and you can still succeed in your party, but states that are Right on social and Left on Economics are... I dunno.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Moose_Knuck posted:

It even has a wikipedia page?? Jesus, I thought he was trying to be edgy. These racists are more enlightened than I thought.

There's... nothing particularly racist seeming about crypto-jews guy there?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

HBar posted:

This game really encourages you to sell out. I started out as an extreme leftist in LF for LYFE, now I'm planning to go center-right and endlessly fundraise on Wall Street.

New York and California are absolutely the places to be if all you want is to make mad stacks of cash. Fundraising gives like 10x the cash there as it does in most other states.

That said I'm having a grad ol' time playing an extreme Leftist Democrat, but also a party faithful one who is getting in folk's good books and handing out favours and getting quite a bit of boosting in return from more moderate Dems.

We should really get a "progressive" discord up though for coordination amongst the various true Left, Democrat or not.

Also, you should all be dogs. Dogs are the future.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Considering the drawbacks, its pretty interesting to see a Communist in the Senate. I wonder how they pulled it off.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Goon Communist Party when?

See: LF4LYFE

Don't join them yet though, join Dems and help Dems and get helped by Dems because you'll grow a lot faster.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I am forming a little group and we need committed ATTACK DOGS, both the dogs themselves and bullshitters/fundraisers to leech money off the rich to pay for it.

Basically our goal is to target individual Republicans (at least primarily Republicans) and grind them into the dirt. No worrying about influence.

From what I can see, 3 people ganging up on one person with 2 attack ads per turn should be enough to permanently kill their influence beyond the point where they can recover. We target individuals, and we just beat them into the dirt until they get demoralized and either pick up stakes and move or just stop playing.

Sounds appealing to anyone?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Anyone interested in joining the attack dogs as a raiser of funds, pick Somewhat Right social and Centre Right economic, go to New York and join the Democrats

obviously you will be lying about those positons, but that is how one steals money from the wealthy

if you just wany to run attacks, your policy doesnt matter so pick whatever you want, and let me know so I can send you money. Just remember you wont be spending time in office so dont waste money or actions on building influence

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 22:17 on Jan 4, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

$1,185

Thats how much my more centrist ideology raised at 10 percent.

isnt that LESS than you did?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

HiHo ChiRho posted:

No it was exactly that - $1,185.

So maybe ideology doesn't matter. Let me do one more test. I am switching my *social* this time, and getting back up to 10, and we'll see if it changes.

For now, go back into attack mode. Let me know how much money you need, and let's attack Dirty Money twice per cycle every cycle we can until next election

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Jan 5, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Unhappy Meal posted:

Okay, is there a reason running television ads only costs half of the displayed cost?

Attack ads also cost much less than the displayed cost

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Enjoy posted:

BTW that is the dude who is currently cheering the genocide of gypsies in the off topic channel

Wow

Enjoy posted:

Have fun with your racist party sniper, I'm going back to LF4LYFE after this election :)

What, you don't like the Democrats being this true to life? Hahah.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Xmas Dumpster Fire posted:

Is there any difference between entering a race early or jumping in during the last few hours? I don't know how the mechanics work, but i guess there has to be some benefit to getting in early that outweighs becoming an immediate target for attack ads.

you have to join at least ten hours beforehand

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

250k is enough to fund an DD basically indefinitely since if you are committing attacks seem to be free

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

freckle posted:

RIP Diamond Dogs

Got a new SELL OUT action too. Less power needed than fundraising but you suffer a rep hit.

Is there a Dev diary or anything anywhere?

DDs generally dont run for political posts so our vulnerability to attack ads doesnt matter in the slightest. If anything, this makes us even more valuable.

Also AA failure rate has gone way down at least to start so launching lots of attack ads reliably is now easier

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

consumed by normies posted:

I will be adding a "party loyalty" for each state, which should represent that. There is no partisan aspect at the moment except the power boost from institutional strength.

I would need a ton of players to fill out state leges. I probably don't even have enough at to fill out the house atm.

Starting with a full horizontal slice rather than trying for a vertical slice and limited hoirzontal does seem like it would cause some problems with regards to every new feature having it's impact immediately multiplied by 50.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Whelp Dem party fee up to 50%, no more rallies for me for a while.

You should be talking to the party and getting money to run ads instead of doing rallies anyway.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

everyone can see your sign up email

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

vicious citrus posted:

Joined as Dmitri Sokolov: http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=2208

Can't wait to see how we gently caress up this rumsod game too.

Did you hear about the President nuking Nigeria?

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 01:34 on Jan 21, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

It might be time to actually start a thread in Games.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I'm not gonna do it though, hell no

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

wizard on a water slide posted:

so like is it possible/viable to play this as a behind-the-scenes antagonist figure who just raises money for the party, contributes to friendly campaigns, and runs attack ads without giving a single gently caress about your reputation or popular support or w/e? does never actually running for office or campaigning yourself make it impossible to effectively generate much revenue?

or is it dumb to even ask that kind of strategic question at this point

We literally have a working group built around this full of the best people in the org.

It was a lot more fun before AA got nerfed but its still doable just, yeah, work out of CA, NY or TX

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Being a fundraiser / attacker and just dedicating yourself to a state by funding the dems in it and wacking the Rs from the distant shores of california is a good strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

sniper4625 posted:

Republicans took over the Dems, so glad the dev believes theres never any reason we would need to kick people.

GAME BROKEN, DEV FLAKED AS USUALLY, DON'T PLAY

Infiltrate I could understand. How would they have taken them over though?

Oh oh is it the party treasury and fundraising mechanic? That seemed ripe for abuse.

• Locked thread