Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hey yall, im actually the developer of this game. if anyone has any questions about it please post.

my starting advice is to first thing join one of the two major parties, as they get significant benefits as they are dominant right now. third party and independent is difficult at start. be aware that the republicans are currently run by /pol/ types, so yeah.

also, make sure to get on the discord and talk with your party because they will give you money to get elected.

the game is pretty drat simplistic at the moment, I intend to expand it and make it more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yinlock posted:

what are the raids like, i want a +4 dagger of democracy before endgame

the sword of chang is +666 power

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Karl Sharks posted:

are the positions of demograpghic's static atm? if so, is there a plan to make it change depending on the influence of certain positions held by politicians in that state?

like if you have 10 extremely left wing politicians at 100% influence that should be mirrored by the population, right?

yes and yes. Politicians will be able to use their state influence to change the policies of their state pop, very slowly and expensively but it will be possible. There will also be ways to change turnout, for example by having congress make voting mandatory or gerrymandering type stuff by state govs, or if economy goes to poo poo have the population (or at least poor and middle class) move leftward on economics, etc.

but yeah, at the moment things are basically entirely static and stable. once I get more of the basic systems finished I will start focusing on this more ambitious stuff.

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Jan 2, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

oldskool posted:

Guess I'll join up and try to turn Utah blue:
http://oppressive.games/power/pol.php?pol=1195

gl going against Joseph Smith himself.

though ted cruz did beat jesus christ in texas earlier so hell has risen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBN_dEA4jO0

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

in the future there will be primaries and deviating too far from the party base means they will be more difficult for you (this is already the case in the prez primary) but yeah atm theres nothing stopping you from being a far right dem. Which is why Dems control Alabama, for example.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yeah, once you get above 50 your gain starts dropping.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tadashi posted:

Something to fix in the future versions of the game is to prevent senators from the same state from crossing over to challenge each other.

http://oppressive.games/power/state.php?state=SC

The sitting Senators are running against each other somehow.

yep, this bug will be fixed today.

Vox Nihili posted:

Also, does this game build in hilarious polling errors? If not, why not?

not yet, but margin of error and inaccurate polling will be added. atm i have about a million things to add but im mostly focusing on weird bugs (like that above senate things)

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Control Volume posted:

can I make this my politician image?

servers arent hosted in germany

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

logikv9 posted:

thanks for this! apparently i've never been attacked yet, but my influence is definitely going down. normal decay? what's up with that

Yes, there is decay each turn. You lose your current state influence/100.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

madeupfred posted:

can a mod please fix my party I hosed it up. Thanks in advance. http://oppressive.games/power/party.php?party=20

here's the imgur link to the image I want FVATT3S.png

also I would like the backslashes removed. Again, thanks in advance.

done

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Both main parties' influence seems to be in a long, slow descent, reducing earned influence per player per turn. What causes this and how can it be reversed?

Party institutional strength heads towards party support, which is basically all members state influence/total state influence of pols in parties, so if party inst strength is higher than party support if decreases slowly, and if lower it rises slowly. I started off Dems and GOP with 100% when i reset it a week ago because I wanted to at least have the game start off with a two party system.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Do voters vote based on only Home State influence + positions, or is there a partisan aspect? As a political nerd, I can say that in the real world, most people don't really keep track of actual policy positions, they just vote for a party.

Also, is there a Senate primary? If not, it seems like it'd be very open to spoilers.

Dear Dev:
If this game starts to really expand, you should open up the individual states to local politics. It'd be neat if individual states could set their own election polices or other local stuff.

I will be adding a "party loyalty" for each state, which should represent that. There is no partisan aspect at the moment except the power boost from institutional strength.

I would need a ton of players to fill out state leges. I probably don't even have enough at to fill out the house atm.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

pizzagate is real, and strong, and is my friend

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

blame sniper

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

reignonyourparade posted:

Maybe not a full state legislature but some sort of second position for each state so it's not "win governor completely control state" would probably nice. State treasurer perhaps?

im thinking of having majority and minority leaders for each state legislature who basically control their lege parties. Players will be able to spend money/power to campaign for the NPC legislature, so basically an indirect election. After an election, say the GOP wins 60% of state lege in a state, then the GOP majority leader of state lege will be able to propose and pass bills... unless theirs a dem gov who vetoes them! It'll add 2 or 3 positions per state, instead of hundreds, and add a level of state politics.

if the game suddenly gets 10,000 players then ill add full state legislatures lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

logikv9 posted:

republicans seem pretty hosed tbh, most players are democrats and after awhile dems will gain such an advantage in money and power that republicans will never win, unless there's a dem split but establishment power fucks over the splitters

there will be pushback against dominant parties.

For example, there will basically be random events (Stock market crash! Unemployment increases across the nation!) that will deal a large blow to incumbents, shaking things up.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

freckle posted:

So did we just PISS away a shitload of power and money down the rumhole?

Election is over and currently showing no one as President.

some dumb issue thats been fixed.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

I entered the party primary for my Senate seat and now I'm at -4 power?

refresh

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if you were having an issue joining an election since primaries were added, thats been fixed

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Cheen posted:

unban jbz

dude tried to threaten me into making third parties better by saying hed get His Boys to attack ad me lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Play it cool posted:

Hey, how do I decide which state to choose? And how much does choosing the political leanings matter?

they matter a pretty good amount with a few new changes. if your a dem, its probably best to just go liberal/liberal, as you will get the full power benefit. you will also do best in dem primaries.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

So things are going to get more complicated

http://oppressive.games/power/budget.php

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I am qatar now.

Also i've started doing some cool integrations between power and realpolitik. For example, because yall have gutted the defense budget, the US army is at 50% training in realpolitik, which isnt great. Have also integrated healthcare and education setting the health and literacy in realpolitik.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

It's an issue with the hosting. If they havent fixed it by tonight I'm changing hosting.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

the game stopped. elections are still coming up in the morning though!

I'm adding time to elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

turns are working again, god bless us, every one

• Locked thread