Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Ok apparently the Dems are the party of crypto-goons so I'm on board, let's ruin the game for everyone not from SA. Which state could use a new goon?

E: Also, is it acceptable to bring friends from outside SA into the fold to cynically exploit as pawns ?

Crazycryodude has issued a correction as of 20:36 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Diamond Dogs? I like the sound of that. Any particular state or policies I should go with to be more effective or is it just "here's a stack of money, go make X's life hell". I'm in the Discord linked in the OP, are there others I need an invite to?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The #public_lobby channel in the Democratic Party Discord or do I have to join the general POWER Discord?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

So are the Diamond Dogs a hush-hush project or am I supposed to identify myself in some way (Discord nickname?)?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Well, you have to understand that the Democratic party right now is basically just a loose collection of every ideology from far left to far right that pays the occasional tribute to Sniper because parties don't have set positions yet, and diverging from the nominal ones isn't only not punished, it's actively encouraged to tailor your public policies to whatever makes the locals vote for you.

Basically, parties are less about political beliefs as much as cliques from outside the game (i.e. goons have infested the Dems, /pol/ and the ashes of the Paradox forums have taken up with the Reps)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Ha I forgot about the word filter that automatically translates Rafael Edward Cruz's casual name into the zodiac killer.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh man sounds like there's some good drama I missed.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

So are we going to actually balance the budget or is the current policy still "troll the ever-loving gently caress out of the Republicans by making everything as far left as we can get it"?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

So remember when I dove in too hard and quit the game/Discords with no explanation because I burned out and went mildly crazy from pretending to be a Nazi? Fun times. Anyways, I just logged back in for the first time in a while and it looks like the Democrats have basically won the game already - any point in coming back?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Wow, you guys made a poster and everything. I'm actually impressed. Could you tell Heydrich to give me (Foolish Guac Merchant - CT) my Northeast Regional Leader position back?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

logikv9 posted:

what did he do to help them?

He set both major parties to 100% institutional strength, so suddenly everyone was at max power gain. The levels are now ticking back down towards where they should be, but the infusion of power allowed the Republicans to get back on their feet.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

wizard on a water slide posted:

so like is it possible/viable to play this as a behind-the-scenes antagonist figure who just raises money for the party, contributes to friendly campaigns, and runs attack ads without giving a single gently caress about your reputation or popular support or w/e? does never actually running for office or campaigning yourself make it impossible to effectively generate much revenue?

or is it dumb to even ask that kind of strategic question at this point

Yeah, totally. We've got entire dedicated departments for just running attack ads and such, and plenty of people who fundraise and do other shady backroom poo poo so the office holders don't have to get their hands dirty.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

It's been one hell of a past few days, for sure.

Don't poke the Rumcode, people, or you might fall through.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The Republicans had about 100 members arbitrarily switch to the Democrats, then they all voted for one of them as chairman. The new chairman mailed the entire treasury home, then set party fees at 99% so nobody could raise any extra money. This all happened in the span of about 5 minutes.

Thanks Rumsod, gg.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong it was a genius move and I don't hold any grudges - all they did was play the game. Still gonna bitch about it, though.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Woah, now THAT's a Rumbug I missed. You get literally every email sent in the game?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I wonder who Bernie's sexting

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Has the reset happened yet?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh my god did we kill the Rumgames? Or are they just being moved to a new series of tubes?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Pretty sure that nothing has been changed beyond the reset so whoever wins the first presidential race can just Rumbug the opposition into oblivion again.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh hey it looks like I'm getting a copy of everyone's in-game email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Do you think Rumgod stays in heaven because he, too, lives in fear of what he has created?

• Locked thread