Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I already have name regret. I don't hate mine I just thought of a better one.

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 06:28 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Once we have enough power and influence we should form the Goon Party, we'll take the abbreviation GOP from the Republicans (Get Out Party) :frogout:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 06:38 on Jan 2, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Oh sign me up for the tankies

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Karl Sharks posted:

are the positions of demograpghic's static atm? if so, is there a plan to make it change depending on the influence of certain positions held by politicians in that state?

like if you have 10 extremely left wing politicians at 100% influence that should be mirrored by the population, right?

I guess credibility is a better word for that discrepancy than influence at 100%- even if they respect your opinion they might not agree with it, and/or there's no way to change their minds.

So far I like it, it's like a cooler/better version of NationStates from way back when.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Karl Sharks posted:

send me money in increments of $666

$1488 :colbert:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 06:36 on Jan 2, 2017

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I admire the pluckiness of Tex, the founder and sole member of "The states first" party http://oppressive.games/power/parties.php :patriot:

Apparently he's advocating for something called a "Texit"

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

StashAugustine posted:

am i allowed to blue dog it up

Yeah, your social/economic opinions can be totally at odds with official party affiliation, as far as I can tell. It might raise the ire of some of the party establishment types on the Discord channel.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

logikv9 posted:

Is there a limit on how much power can be stored?

It's currently one of our greatest technological limitations and hindrance to progress, imo

Real answer: I think it starts to drop above 50

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
You can launch attack ads against not just opponents, but people in your own party, or people in different states.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

logikv9 posted:

so what you're trying to say that the goons should take over the dnc

C-SPAM vs /pol

clash of the titans somethings

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
As far as I can tell there is not yet a:

Rob Morrow

Ed Balls

Weedlord Bonerhitler

fellow goons?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The buttsalt goes back millennia

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I misread that as Anal Clooney (do not steal)

If you pick bad positions (ie, your real ones as opposed to the ones that will get you support in your state) you can change them with the speech option under Actions to gradually align.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:clint: :patriot: THE STATES FIRST :patriot: :clint:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Kanahwan National Party :negative:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Kansas is open for goon business. The governor appears to be retiring, there are a total of 7 people in the entire state.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Captain Mediocre posted:

I think I'm about to be a senator for the first time, what exactly are the advantages of this and is there anything I'll need to know?

Vote for game-breaking meme bills like "ban the other party" and "give everyone a million dollars a turn" because there's nothing rumsod can do about it if they pass :downs: it's the law, we said so, you have to do it! :downs:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Vote for game-breaking meme bills like "ban the other party" and "give everyone a million dollars a turn" because there's nothing rumsod can do about it if they pass :downs: it's the law, we said so, you have to do it! :downs:

I have been calling rumsod Rumsfeld because my brain inclines to it

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
LF for LYFE is a very forced acronym

I would call my party the North American Zionists for Israel :downshitler:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Both main parties' influence seems to be in a long, slow descent, reducing earned influence per player per turn. What causes this and how can it be reversed?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Apparently your positions shift depending how you vote as a senator- vote for left-leaning stuff makes you further left etc

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Trayvon Martin
Party: Republican
Social Positions: Extremely Right Wing
Economic Positions: Extremely Right Wing

:ughh:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
cool politician names 4 u

Cucky Pizzone
James Alefantis
Piss Golem (taken)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Hoksfeld Manifesto

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Will animé be banned under a Humphrey administration? :ohdear:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Does California really make the most? The wealthy make up double what they do in New York than California, percentage-wise, which with half CA's population makes the wealthy donor population about equal. How much would a 100%-influence CA fundraiser make? At first glance it would seem CA is just a more expensive place to run ads because of the larger state population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Is there any way to change my sign in email that is my exact name irl :downs: other than creating a new man? :ohdear:

• Locked thread