Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I'm in and hiding in Oregon.

So far I've just been building up state influence with a rally/tv/fundraise feedback loop but to be honest it sorta looks like the dems have it covered here. What else could/should I be doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I think I'm about to be a senator for the first time, what exactly are the advantages of this and is there anything I'll need to know?

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Do the senate bills actually have any effect on the game or are they just fluff?

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

logikv9 posted:

i've finally been hit with negative ads and i can't tell if it's coming from the other dem running for the same seat or a republican trying to soften me before jumping into the race at the last minute :tinfoil: i'm stockpiling a fuckload of cash anyway for a last minute ad blitz

Took me a while to notice but you can see who is sponsoring ads against you by going to News -> Personal Memos in your bar at the top.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

logikv9 posted:

thanks for this! apparently i've never been attacked yet, but my influence is definitely going down. normal decay? what's up with that

Either normal decay or you've been flipflopping on ideological realignment?

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Xmas Dumpster Fire posted:

Is there any difference between entering a race early or jumping in during the last few hours? I don't know how the mechanics work, but i guess there has to be some benefit to getting in early that outweighs becoming an immediate target for attack ads.

In an ideal world your party members won't split the ticket if they see you running already, provided you look like you actually stand a chance of winning. Of course the better solution is organising over discord to pick a candidate.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Aramoro posted:

I keep getting sent money by people I've never spoken to for some reason, still helps grease the wheels. About to become Governor of Ohio, woo.

Probably your Regional Chair trying to make sure you win. You should probably join the discord to thank them properly!

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Does being governor actually do anything other than give you bonus power and national influence?

Not yet but apparently we're close to getting Governor actions implemented. For now your main job is either fundraising or spreading AAs to help your comrades win their races with all your bonus power.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

The New Dealers are a broad union of factions operating under one party for game mechanical reasons

If you want to help the struggle join the Black Panthers: https://discord.gg/qUs4W7m

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Crazycryodude posted:

Pretty sure that nothing has been changed beyond the reset so whoever wins the first presidential race can just Rumbug the opposition into oblivion again.

A bunch of new features have been added, so it's changed in that respect

I wouldn't dare make the ludicrous claim that the game will now actually function as intended however

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

The GOP threw a shitfit when I stole the presidency and they spammed alts everywhere. Rumsod has been absent for weeks.

So business as usual!

Captain Mediocre has issued a correction as of 16:05 on Apr 27, 2017

• Locked thread