Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

you might get lucky and find a plastic grommet that fits the trackball.

This was actually a really good lead. I just found a plastic grommet in my office table and I took it out and it was ridiculously close to being perfect in size except for it being very slightly too big. It's 2 1/4" and I don't think they make them slightly smaller or anything. So drat close!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

replace the tmnt logos with this one

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

SO DEMANDING posted:

replace the tmnt logos with this one

It's relevant *and* factual!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

This was actually a really good lead. I just found a plastic grommet in my office table and I took it out and it was ridiculously close to being perfect in size except for it being very slightly too big. It's 2 1/4" and I don't think they make them slightly smaller or anything. So drat close!

some kind of rubber stripping might work if you cant find something that fits exactly. you might have to replace it over time, but it would protect the paint. also a nice heavy layer of acrylic is a good idea.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

some kind of rubber stripping might work if you cant find something that fits exactly. you might have to replace it over time, but it would protect the paint. also a nice heavy layer of acrylic is a good idea.

Thanks but what exactly is rubber stripping? I can shape it into a ring like I need or something?

I considered plexiglass for the entire control panel but I got some ridiculously high quality artwork that doesn't need it at all because of its texture and how durable it is. It looks a lot better without the plexiglass too.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
rubber stripping sort of like weather stripping. rubber edge trim might work better. the idea being you can cut it to length and mold it around the hole.

as far as the acrylic goes, I was thinking more like a sealant like a varnish.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

rubber stripping sort of like weather stripping. rubber edge trim might work better. the idea being you can cut it to length and mold it around the hole.

Oh poo poo, that's a really, really good idea! I am gonna see the thinnest one I can get (1/16th?) and shortest length possible because I need like six inches out of the 30 feet they all seem to come with.

Thanks, Shaggy 2 Dope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I have another NuBus video card for my old Macs on the way: the final NuBus card from Radius, which can handle 1600x1200

and I have a 1600x1200-native LED-backlit LCD with which to use it

• Locked thread