Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

BGrifter posted:

How does the whole Play From Home thing work? It’s worded kind of funny saying it’s free to download till May. Is it like PS+ where I can claim it and it’s mine for good? Or more of a rental deal where it’s free for the duration of the promo? Or maybe free and permanent once you download but you can’t re-download after the May deadline?

I’ve got a copy on my shelf I paid :10bux: for so if it’s not permanent I’ll just use the disc.

You need to claim them while the offer is running, but once you've claimed them, they're yours to keep for good.

VV Nah, the Horizon giveaway is going until May 14th VV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
It's free for good. The difference with PS+ is that the Play From Home games are free even if your PS+ account is not active.

However, I think H:ZD is only available to be put in your library until today. edit: scratch that they're saying until May 14th or so.

Sioux fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 20, 2021

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Sweet. Just claimed it on the app. I’ll download it tomorrow and in a few months flip the physical disc for my ten bucks back.

So many awesome games to play and so little time!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BGrifter posted:

How does the whole Play From Home thing work? It’s worded kind of funny saying it’s free to download till May. Is it like PS+ where I can claim it and it’s mine for good? Or more of a rental deal where it’s free for the duration of the promo? Or maybe free and permanent once you download but you can’t re-download after the May deadline?

I’ve got a copy on my shelf I paid :10bux: for so if it’s not permanent I’ll just use the disc.

If you grab it you keep it. No sub needed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheChrisGlass/status/1385682483232993281?s=20

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The new store is so much worse in every way that it’s mind blowing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s been 6 months, TBH I don’t even remember what the old store looked like.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's right there in the tweet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It was full of out-there concepts like “displaying prices” and “more than 4 items per screen”

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It was full of out-there concepts like “displaying prices” and “more than 4 items per screen”

PS5 only needs to show 4 items cause that's all there is.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

boz posted:

finally, ps3 has no games..is back

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Top notch Sony engineering, again.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
If we're lucky, the old webstore uses the same APIs as the PS3 and Vita stores. That would mean there's a chance they can't break that extension without also breaking the stores for those consoles.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm honestly impressed that even with how goddamned terrible the old PlayStation store was, Sony somehow found a way to make it worse.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Random Stranger posted:

I'm honestly impressed that even with how goddamned terrible the old PlayStation store was, Sony somehow found a way to make it worse.

Displaying add-ons and DLC for a game on that game's store page is an unnecessary luxury. Having to find them by knowing ahead of time that they exist and what they're called, and then looking them up in the store search, separate from the game itself, builds character.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

boz posted:

Hey, that's not true.

It also has all those games you already bought on PS4.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PS+ next month is Wreckfest, Battlefield 5, and Stranded Deep. Wreckfest is the PS5 game.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I was eyein' Stranded Deep already, so I'm jazzed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Policenaut posted:

PS+ next month is Wreckfest, Battlefield 5, and Stranded Deep. Wreckfest is the PS5 game.

...are these real games?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ErrEff posted:

Sony launched the PSP in a state that allowed anyone to run unsigned code on it. Just drop the file on the memory stick and go.

They fixed it in time for the western release but by then hackers already had a huge window into the inner workings of the system, so it was always an uphill battle.

Needing to hack my PSP was the only reason I gave Lumens a buy, never regretted it.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

My first thought while reading that was "man, that's a strange name for a Death Stranding bootleg" and i guess I need to stop reading the forums from my bed after waking up

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Wreckfest is the "modern" version of Destruction Derby and the last thing I saw was that they were going to charge for the PS4 to PS5 upgrade so that's nice.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Needing to hack my PSP was the only reason I gave Lumens a buy, never regretted it.
Back during the life of the PSP, I lost my custom hacked firmware to play Generation of Chaos since I bought it physically and couldn't play without a system update.

The sheer feeling of "what the gently caress did I do that for" after playing the game for about 30 minutes was so depressing. Thankfully, hackers got another exploit working a few months after that, but I learned that I should really prioritize waiting if it means keeping a custom firmware.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fat gay nonce posted:

Wreckfest is the "modern" version of Destruction Derby and the last thing I saw was that they were going to charge for the PS4 to PS5 upgrade so that's nice.

I already own the PS4 version so I wonder if this is going to somehow gently caress up my permissions to get the Plus version.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
is wreckfest the one that has no soundtrack and just asks you to use spotify

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

John Romero posted:

is wreckfest the one that has no soundtrack and just asks you to use spotify

Nope.
https://vgost.fandom.com/wiki/Wreckfest

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the driving game with no soundtrack was whatever the latest flop by the burnout devs that went indie was called.

dangerous driving i think is the name

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I liked Wreckfest more when it was still called Next Car Game

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Is the Battlefield V single player campaign as crap as all the others? Wait, does it even have one?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stare-Out posted:

Is the Battlefield V single player campaign as crap as all the others? Wait, does it even have one?

BF V's campaign is comically bad

dont bother

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

eonwe posted:

dont bother

Figures. Appreciate it.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
What about the BFV co-op missions? They any good with a friend?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS Now for May

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/03/playstation-now-games-for-may-jump-force-nioh-and-streets-of-rage-4/#sf245538682

New games:
Jump Force (Until August 2nd)
Streets of Rage 4 (Until November 1st)
Nioh (PS4 version only, no planned removal date)

Removed games:
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Games with known removal dates
Ace Combat 7 (Until May 31st)
Wreckfest (PS4 version only, Until May 31st. PS5 version is free as a PS+ game from May 4th until May 31st but PS4 version is not)
Marvel's Avengers (PS4 version only) (Until July 5th)
The Crew 2 (Until July 5th)
Jump Force (Until August 2nd)
WWE 2K Battlegrounds (Until August 2nd)
World War Z (Until September 6th)
Borderlands 3 (PS4 version only) (Until September 29th)
Streets of Rage 4 (Until November 1st)

Also note if you missed the news earlier, Sony is gradually rolling out 1080p streaming for cloud-played games on PS Now over the next several weeks.

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 3, 2021

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

eonwe posted:

dont bother

That's too bad.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Is the battlefield loop still "spawn, watch everybody steal all the trucks, walk slowly to the nearest control point, get sniped by somebody on the other side of the map, respawn, repeat?"

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Sometimes they miss the first shot!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Is the PS+ page stuck on the April games for anyone else? I went via my PC and phone and still got the same old page.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Is the PS+ page stuck on the April games for anyone else? I went via my PC and phone and still got the same old page.

Nope

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Weird - going to the games directly has them available, so got to them that way. Just another mystery of the store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Weird - going to the games directly has them available, so got to them that way. Just another mystery of the store.

I already claimed everything but checked on PC and phone when I saw your comment to see if they didn’t screw something up afterwards and everything was working on my end.