Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/PlayStationCA/status/1397576537105444874?s=20

[Virtua Fighter 5] will not only be available on PlayStation Plus for about two months – June and July – but it’ll also be releasing on PlayStation Now in June!

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

univbee posted:

[Virtua Fighter 5] will not only be available on PlayStation Plus for about two months – June and July – but it’ll also be releasing on PlayStation Now in June!

Oh dippity fuckin’ doo dah, I am HERE for some free VF 5 update!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

This is also I believe the first time ever that a game has been day one on PlayStation Now. I hope this is a trend that continues.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

univbee posted:

This is also I believe the first time ever that a game has been day one on PlayStation Now. I hope this is a trend that continues.

With Xbox starting to do it more with third-party games I'm thinking it will be.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

univbee posted:

I've been seeing rumors about this coming out and I cannot wait. I loved the VF series, and this was the one thing that made me hesitate getting rid of my PS3. Apparently they had VF5 fully playable inside one of the Yakuza games, but :effort: .

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sioux posted:

What about the BFV co-op missions? They any good with a friend?

BFV sucks in general

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bandire posted:

Apparently they had VF5 fully playable inside one of the Yakuza games, but :effort: .

Three of them! But yeah, fair enough.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I don't understand... is that a PS4 version of VF 5, some kind of emulation of the PS3, something else? What I mean is: can I buy it and play on the PS4 without the help of PS+?

I've bought Yakuza 6 to play VF5, lol, I'll buy it again if it's possible

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's VF5FS, with some tweaks mostly to graphics (they swapped out the renderer from Renderware to that of the Dragon Engine), for PS4. You can just buy it yeah.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The graphics look way better, it looks like a modern Yakuza game now.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's VF5FS, with some tweaks mostly to graphics (they swapped out the renderer from Renderware to that of the Dragon Engine), for PS4. You can just buy it yeah.

Holy poo poo!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

univbee posted:

This is cool, I can finally give Squadrons a try

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I haven’t played a Virtua Fighter game since the original in the arcades so this is a fun PS+ for me. I love the ones I would never buy for myself but would enjoy giving a try.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS Now is having an aggressive month of new titles, which should be available tomorrow afternoon sometime.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/05/31/playstation-now-games-for-june-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-virtua-fighter-5-slay-the-spire/#sf246330316

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition (Until September 6th)
Slay The Spire (Until December 6th)
Team Sonic Racing
Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown
Car Mechanic Simulator :rice:

Games leaving the service tomorrow:

Ace Combat 7
Wreckfest (PS4 version. Note the PS5 version is available to claim as a PS+ title until early tomorrow, but the PS4 version is not)

Games leaving the service later:

Marvel's Avengers (PS4 version only) (Until July 5th)
The Crew 2 (Until July 5th)
Jump Force (Until August 2nd)
WWE 2K Battlegrounds (Until August 2nd)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition (Until September 6th)
World War Z (Until September 6th)
Borderlands 3 (PS4 version only) (Until September 29th)
Streets of Rage 4 (Until November 1st)
Slay The Spire (Until December 6th)

1080p streaming should now also be enabled for everybody who has a 15 megabit or faster connection.

univbee fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 31, 2021

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Anyone figure the upcoming E3 and Summer Game Fest reveals and activities will be accompanied by some nice game pricedrops in games?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Sioux posted:

Anyone figure the upcoming E3 and Summer Game Fest reveals and activities will be accompanied by some nice game pricedrops in games?

for PS4 games, maybe. I'd be surprised if any PS5 games get any kind of sizeable discount before this holiday season or something.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Two questions:
If I enjoyed the first PS4 Spiderman game, will Miles Morales be of equal or better quality?

Also, I was having a look at a jrpg to play and saw that Dragon Quest XI have gotten an upgrade. Is it more plot stuff or what?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yes to both.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Miles Morales is a shorter but slight twist on the original but just as good, maybe better. It streamlines the experience quite a lot and it definitely feels like an expansion rather than a sequel but it's still very fun!

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Sylphosaurus posted:

Two questions:
If I enjoyed the first PS4 Spiderman game, will Miles Morales be of equal or better quality?

Also, I was having a look at a jrpg to play and saw that Dragon Quest XI have gotten an upgrade. Is it more plot stuff or what?

DQXI S is a much better version of DQXI, but there's no way to transfer your save file between them. I can't remember if there's much extra content, but it's worth it for 60fps, orchestral music instead of horrible midis, faster battles and the ability to play the entire game with 16-bit graphics. The 2D mode does have some extra endgame content.

The lighting and character models are slightly downgraded because it's based off the Switch version, but it's hard to notice unless you're looking at footage side-by-side. If you get it on PC you can tweak it to be closer to the original version.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dragon_Quest_XI_S_-_Definitive_Edition

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Worth noting is also that the S version replaces the normal one on the store, so you can't choose either way (unless on a disc, of course).

Edit: also, you can't upgrade/update to the S version (even by paying), you have to buy it even if you have the older one.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jun 8, 2021

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

That loving Sned posted:

The lighting and character models are slightly downgraded because it's based off the Switch version, but it's hard to notice unless you're looking at footage side-by-side. If you get it on PC you can tweak it to be closer to the original version.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dragon_Quest_XI_S_-_Definitive_Edition
So, technically the game is basically both an upgrade and downgrade?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sylphosaurus posted:

Its a switch port that has more content and better music but looks like an upscaled handheld game

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Sylphosaurus posted:

To me, it's a full upgrade. The graphical downgrades are pretty minor and it runs at a higher framerate and resolution on PS4 and PS4 Pro. On base PS4, DQXI is 900p30 and DQXIS is 1080p60.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdm4pB-1Dlc

This shows what DQXIS looks like on the Switch, so the PS4/PC versions will be like this but much higher resolution.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I started DQXI on the PS4, didn't finish, then they released the Switch version, so I jumped over there and restarted.
I think I'll stay on the Switch version, since it's cool to have it handheld for grinding purposes while I'm doing other things.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I thought the Switch version looked excellent. The art-style looks really really good.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1410259704153051139?s=21

A Plague Tale, I like the sound of and for me that’s the highlight for next month.

I’m one of the oddballs who give zero shits about Call of Duty and the like.

Battlegrounds is just :downsgun:

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 30, 2021

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I assure you that it is not rare for a goon to not play call of duty

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
That's just confirmation bias, because the people who won't don't ever stop telling you.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
What’s blops4’s single player like? I started watching a play through but it looked like a weird arcadey shooter and, well, still not like what I was expecting from a CoD game :v:

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
If you mean the campaign, there isn't one!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Zwille posted:

What’s blops4’s single player like? I started watching a play through but it looked like a weird arcadey shooter and, well, still not like what I was expecting from a CoD game :v:

Oh sweet summer child.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Are you trying to warn or entice me? I’m getting mixed signals here

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
No there literally isn't a single-player campaign in codblops 4. they looked at their metrics and were like "most people don't even play the story campaigns. let's just not have one this time"

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

You weren’t kidding, what the hell. Literal bot matches. Okay that’s a very crappy selection this month.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
god this month is trash for PS4 people.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Yeah it’s an add to my list via the app and never download month.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
dang so can you even get Plague on ps4 or is it only the ps5 version?

codblops 4 is a true loving lol though with no singleplayer campaign

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Captain Beans posted:

dang so can you even get Plague on ps4 or is it only the ps5 version?

codblops 4 is a true loving lol though with no singleplayer campaign

PS5 only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
well poo poo

at least wrassling has couch coop