Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barometz
Feb 14, 2010
Worst Cartoon about Brexit: B
Worst Cartoon about the Pulse Shooting: C "People are dead... er... that's it. Terrorism?" – Summers, 2016
Worst 2016 Election Cartoon: F I casually assumed Umberto Eco didn't mean it literally when he said that in fascism enemies are portrayed "as at the same time too strong and too weak", but here's Garrison proving me wrong.
Worst Cartoon about Gun Control: C ((Dis)honourable mention to Kirschen's "oops, I forgot to tell a joke" cartoon though)
Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy: C A tough choice, but Rall's making a tragedy about himself again a year after the fact probably takes it for me.
Worst Obituary Cartoon: H Because gently caress off. (:airquote:Honourable:airquote: mention for A because that Ratman's a real classy motherfucker.)
Worst Caricature: K As terrible as A is (which was my first pick until I noticed K), it's hard to overstate how much that thing doesn't at all resemble Iain Duncan Smith, yet the cartoonist seems to think it's eminently recognisable. This isn't like David Cameron as a shiny pink condom (which at least had his face), this is a bunch of features the person doesn't even have.
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: L
Worst Cartoon about a Movie: A LATE IN THE DAY CHANGE! C is stupid, but A has the bonus of being straight up wrong.
Worst Label: D
Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: G This one's upshot is just 'a thing happened' but that kind of makes it stand out all the more.
Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: B A difficult choice, but I keep getting drawn back to this one when contemplating it...
Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: D
Most Easily Reinterpreted: A
Overall Worst Political Cartoon: B This nicely sums up everything wrong with the medium. (Honourable(?) mention for I; "why even bother with politics" – a political cartoonist)
Best Edit/Parody: H (Legit honourable mention for B)

barometz fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread