Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mr Interweb posted:

Uh...what the hell was Ramirez trying to say here? At first I thought it was whatever, and then I saw what I'm guessing is supposed to be Uncle Sam bent under Obama, so now I'm confused.

A bunch of sailors got captured by Iranian coast guards after some dysfunction on their boat made them drift in Iran's territorial waters.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/30/politics/iran-navy-capture-investigation-report/

quote:

In a stunning finding, the report said the sailors veered off course almost immediately after heading out to sea and had no idea where they were when a mechanical failure struck one of the boats.
"The boat crews could visually see Farsi Island, but were not concerned as they were unaware that it was Iranian or that they were in Iranian waters," the report said.

Now while the sailors in question were disciplined for the gently caress up, what they were reproached were poor mission planning, poor maintenance, poor knowledge of rules of engagement, and poor conduct while in custody. Editorial cartoonists, however, reproached them not to have fought off the Iranian navy in their crippled boat.

Basically Ramirez is saying that Obama is a dog-eating surrender monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Worst Cartoon about Brexit: B
Worst Cartoon about the Pulse Shooting: D
Worst 2016 Election Cartoon: F
Worst Cartoon about Gun Control: A that was a hard choice, they're all really awful
Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy: B for the gleeful racism, because it's basically "a black guy got killed LOL", but second place to A for putting Belgium in Chad
Worst Obituary Cartoon: H because gently caress off
Worst Caricature: A
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon: M because gently caress off
Worst Cartoon about a Movie: A
Worst Label: D
Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon: J
Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon: A
Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon: D the fill tool artifacts on the stars is what gives it an extra edge
Most Easily Reinterpreted: D the cartoonist has no idea what the bathroom bill was about, it seems like
Overall Worst Political Cartoon: B it's a perfect storm of multibigotry (racism, misogyny, and even anti-LGBTQ) and it's not even about an actual political point
Best Edit/Parody: B

• Locked thread