Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Placeholder for repository cartoons. Oh I see how it is.

Well here's two that I thought were super terrible but in a slightly more subtle way than Ramirez or Branco, and they deserve explanation.

Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon:

Reminder that American Gothic depicts a father and daughter, making this super awful on two more levels.

Worst Label:

Everything about that bear's context screams "Russia," so Benson decided to label it "California" instead of rethinking her symbolism.

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

It's mostly about recategorizing entries in categories that were removed, also to protest the absence of category for neo-Nazi cartoons. Cartoons going above and beyond bigotry to add the equivalent of "sig heil" and Nazi salutes.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Worst Cartoon about Brexit:B
Worst Cartoon about the Pulse Shooting:B
Worst 2016 Election Cartoon:D, I'd like to vote for F but Garrison is too easy.
Worst Cartoon about Gun Control:F
Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy:A
Worst Obituary Cartoon:A, it combines H's contempt for young people with B's (apparent) loathing of the deceased for an unblockable KO combo.
Worst Caricature:A
Worst "A Thing Happened" Cartoon:L is so smugly vacuous that it squeaks past D's unintentional implied incest.
Worst Cartoon about a Movie:A
Worst Label:B
Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon:D
Least Concealed Bigotry (LGBT) in a Cartoon:F
Laziest Non-Gorrell Cartoon:H but good god it had stiff competition.
Most Easily Reinterpreted:J
Overall Worst Political Cartoon:B
Best Edit/Parody:A

• Locked thread