Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Technowolf posted:

Most Easily Reinterpreted:

Uh...what the hell was Ramirez trying to say here? At first I thought it was whatever, and then I saw what I'm guessing is supposed to be Uncle Sam bent under Obama, so now I'm confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

A bunch of sailors got captured by Iranian coast guards after some dysfunction on their boat made them drift in Iran's territorial waters.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/30/politics/iran-navy-capture-investigation-report/

Now while the sailors in question were disciplined for the gently caress up, what they were reproached were poor mission planning, poor maintenance, poor knowledge of rules of engagement, and poor conduct while in custody. Editorial cartoonists, however, reproached them not to have fought off the Iranian navy in their crippled boat.

Basically Ramirez is saying that Obama is a dog-eating surrender monkey.

No, no. I'm aware of that incident. What I'm confused about is Obama on his knees surrendering, but ALSO Uncle Sam underneath him (getting sodomized, I'm assuming).

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Jurgan posted:

I don't think Obama's in that picture. I saw some of the same thing as you, but I think it's just a trick of perspective. Sam's legs are spread wide, and his coattails are going in a different direction than his pants, so it looks like two different people but it's not really.

Ahhhh, okay. That was the problem. Thanks.

quote:

Where the hell do you see Obama?

Uncle Sam initially looked like Obama since the comic referenced Obama and he had that weird worm shaped head (which, I guess is how most of his caricatures look).

• Locked thread