Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
That guy on the mobility scooter was straight up ravenous, holy poo poo he was ramming the officers repeatedly until they finally took the keys.

What a bloody spectacle!

E: MOBILITY SCOOTER PAGE SNYPE!

Redcordial fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Cops are moving in to force homeless people away from Flinders Street Station, biggest train stop in Melbourne. Real big show of force from the police, lots of protestors too.

e: got claims of about 10 assaults by police and 2 arrests, not sure if that's referring to protestors or homeless people.

Arrest them. It will clear the streets. If you've got two legs and a heart beat nothing is stopping you from getting a job and bettering yourself in life.

They've been offered housing, support, everything. But it's more lucrative for a crackhead to panhandle all day, as opposed to try and actually better themselves in any way. Shoulda brought out the water cannons and given them a free shower as well. Maybe if all the bleeding hearts out there opened their own doors for them, let's see how quick their opinions would change.

9/10 homeless people in Melbourne have either self inflicted due to drugs and stupid choices- or simply snob off the help they're offered.
On a night out a few months ago I bought a meal for a homeless man and he threw it back at me and demanded money.
I feel for the ones who grew up on the streets due to parental neglect and horrible circumstances.. but majority of the homeless on our streets chose to be there at some point.

People need to realise that you do actually need to be cruel to be kind at times. Rather than look at them as if they're a wounded animal and go "awwwww poor thing". gently caress. Right. Off.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Milky Moor posted:

Arrest them. It will clear the streets. If you've got two legs and a heart beat nothing is stopping you from getting a job and bettering yourself in life.

They've been offered housing, support, everything. But it's more lucrative for a crackhead to panhandle all day, as opposed to try and actually better themselves in any way. Shoulda brought out the water cannons and given them a free shower as well. Maybe if all the bleeding hearts out there opened their own doors for them, let's see how quick their opinions would change.

9/10 homeless people in Melbourne have either self inflicted due to drugs and stupid choices- or simply snob off the help they're offered.
On a night out a few months ago I bought a meal for a homeless man and he threw it back at me and demanded money.
I feel for the ones who grew up on the streets due to parental neglect and horrible circumstances.. but majority of the homeless on our streets chose to be there at some point.

People need to realise that you do actually need to be cruel to be kind at times. Rather than look at them as if they're a wounded animal and go "awwwww poor thing". gently caress. Right. Off.

Source your quotes.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Senor Tron posted:

Source your quotes.

No chance of that ever happening thankfully. I have this thing called common sense. Been through my fair share of poo poo, never once thought "might do drugs". People also need to realise the sage advice in the saying "hang with dogs, you catch fleas". If you surround yourself with people who do things that negatively impact their lives, then it's gonna rub off on you sooner or later. People need to be held accountable for their actions, rather than wrapped in cotton wool and coddled to the point of dependency.

Unfortunately people would rather compromise their own values and integrity for the sake of a "good time" or "friends".

I feel for the genuinely homeless who have mental illnesses that they didn't contribute to, but if you're crazy because you've fried your brains, then don't go looking for any sympathy. Much worse off people in the world besides people who will lie, cheat, steal anything for their next fix.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Periphery posted:

Making homeless people criminals is clearly going to solve all their problems and be a benefit to society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

No chance of that ever happening thankfully. I have this thing called common sense. Been through my fair share of poo poo, never once thought "might do drugs". People also need to realise the sage advice in the saying "hang with dogs, you catch fleas". If you surround yourself with people who do things that negatively impact their lives, then it's gonna rub off on you sooner or later. People need to be held accountable for their actions, rather than wrapped in cotton wool and coddled to the point of dependency.

Unfortunately people would rather compromise their own values and integrity for the sake of a "good time" or "friends".

I feel for the genuinely homeless who have mental illnesses that they didn't contribute to, but if you're crazy because you've fried your brains, then don't go looking for any sympathy. Much worse off people in the world besides people who will lie, cheat, steal anything for their next fix.

Judith?

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Let me tell you about the situation that I've never had a chance of finding myself in.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Do people who drop posts from their lovely facebook friend or whatever into a discussion think that they're going to make the thread better

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/halal-snack-pack-named-peoples-choice-word-of-2016-by-macquarie-dictionary-20170201-gu2ui2.html posted:

It's meaty, cheesy, and incredibly saucy, and it was the word on everyone's lips in 2016.

Last year was a momentous one for the Halal Snack Pack.

There were queues at kebab stands as its popularity skyrocketed, a HSP appreciation society was formed, and the greasy treat made its mark on Australian politics on election night when Labor senator Sam Dastyari offered to take Pauline Hanson out for a halal bite.

Finally the people have spoken. Halal snack pack (HSP), "a fast food comprising layers of hot chips, grated cheese, halal doner kebab meat, garlic sauce, barbecue sauce and chilli sauce", has been named People's Choice Word of the Year 2016 by Macquarie Dictionary.

"The significance of halal snack pack is that it tells us about something once confined largely to the Muslim community that is now surfacing throughout the broader Australian community," the Macquarie committee said.

Macquarie Dictionary editor Susan Butler said she had devoured her first HSP in honour of the occasion.

"I think it is the duty of lexicographers to, as much as is humanly possible, eat the food items that they put in the dictionary," she said.

"How can you write the definition of HSP with enthusiasm if you have never sampled it? So today I ate my first HSP.

"I can understand why this dish has become the fast food item of the day. It is carbo‐loaded, calorific sinfulness. Once started on it, you cannot stop."

At the height of its popularity, in July last year, Melbourne's Viva Kebab shop had lines around the corner of people hankering for the dish.

Owner Cihan Parti's said more than 400 HSPs were being sold there every day.

The runners up were the terms alt-right and fake news, which was announced last week as the Committee's Choice Word of the Year 2016.

"Politics was big in the year that was, and so it is not unexpected that alt‐right would be in second place," Ms Butler said.

"The success of extreme right‐wing political groups in the UK, the US, France, the Netherlands and Australia is unprecedented,"

"The popular vote went for food first of all, and then politics."

2016 salvaged.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Do people who drop posts from their lovely facebook friend or whatever into a discussion think that they're going to make the thread better

it's actually pretty funny

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
It's not smug and condescending enough to be cathat, I'm guessing one nation candidate?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I heard a policeman on the radio upset that the far left were assaulting officers. I was very happy when my Mum deadpan said 'good.' I love my Mum.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

iajanus posted:

2016 salvaged.

gently caress, now i'm craving a snack pack

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/chrissykitty36/status/826713957226291200

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

If someone doesn't make a thread soon I'll take away your Halal Snack Packs. :colbert:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The Victorian government sends the cops in to assault the homeless and destitute, Mal gives them $1.75M

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

loving Labor. Even when I want to support them, they're shithouse and pander to the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808331

• Locked thread