Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I still can't get over how owned that Journo was.

Shorten has become a worthy zinger jedi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

quote:

One Nation's candidate for the seat of Pilbara in the West Australian election is standing by an article he wrote saying taxpayers should not support single mums who are "too lazy" to attract and hold a mate.

In the wake of former prime minister Tony Abbott's 2015 comment suggesting living in remote Indigenous communities was a "lifestyle choice", David Archibald wrote a Quadrant article nominating "lifestyle choices that could be defunded".

"The first that springs to mind is single motherhood," Mr Archibald wrote.

"These are women too lazy to attract and hold a mate, undoing the work of possibly 3 million years of evolutionary pressure.

"This will result in a rapid rise in the portion of the population that is lazy and ugly.

Dude might want to have a look in the mirror before calling people ugly.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-31/wa-election-pilbara-one-nation-david-archibald-single-mothers/8227960

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/826363699841556483

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC/status/826361060089176064
https://twitter.com/jrrdrbb/status/826367362047676416

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

It always speaks volumes as to the types of people who think any birth control is 100%

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What amazing announcements will our fearless leader make in his Press club speech tomorrow?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE:

Malcolm Turnbull: I believe... *Checks factions*
Bill Shorten: I believe... *Checks notes*
Richard Di Natalie: I believe... *Checks focus groups*
Pauline Hanson: I believe... *Checks Stormfront*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/theamwu/status/826228948405071872

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Anidav posted:

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE:

Malcolm Turnbull: I believe... *Checks factions*
Bill Shorten: I believe... *Checks notes*
Richard Di Natalie: I believe... *Checks focus groups*
Pauline Hanson: I believe... *Checks Stormfront*

The libs don't have factions, that's laybah chaos, mr speaker.

The liberal party is a broad church with robust discussions and many viewpoints.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

White House backtracks on refugee deal with Australia

United States President Donald Trump says he is still considering whether a refugee deal with Australia will go ahead, just hours after White House press secretary Sean Spicer confirmed it would.

looool

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
They were so happy about that stupid clause in the order that would technically allow their deal too

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

At this point I hope the deal works because the refugees safety is most important, but :lol: at this coming after the Aus govt came out in defence of Trumps immigration approach. If he does revoke their deal then Turnbull can't change his tune without looking like a giant arse licker.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I mean I expected it, but I thought they might keep the charade going for at least a week.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Isn't Pauline a single Mum? Now what I think about her looks and work ethic are about as relevant as Mr Archibald's views on everyone else but surely idiots like him must see the double standard. Oh wait Pauline's one of 'the good ones'.

Muppets.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Sean Spicer uses a lot of words but thats basically a flat out rebuff anyway. The "extreme vetting" will just be a "no" because why would the USA take more of the brown people?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Probably about time they put the Statue of Liberty in storage

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Guardian just referred to Bill Shorten as "Australia's Protagonist" in one of their articles.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/BCAcomau/status/826289197719834624

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Do they really need to advertise? I thought it was already decided.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

"High company tax means people will just stop bothering to do business in australia because-"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Anidav posted:

I still can't get over how owned that Journo was.

Shorten has become a worthy zinger jedi

It was like watching Mr bean get owned

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

Anyone who has ever worked in hospitality knows the true caption to this photo is "I can't wait to get the gently caress out of this industry"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill Shorten is live at some hospital holding a birthday party for Medicare on his facebook page :psyboom:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
High company taxes are why so many big corporations go out of their way to minimise their tax burden and furthermore faaaaaaaart

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
BuzzFeed News called The Havey and confirmed the photo was taken at the pub. Yes, the woman in the photo was a bartender.

However, sadly, the BCA had gotten to her.

A staff member said the bartender had been told not to talk to anyone asking for her to expand on her views regarding company tax reform.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Apparently it's owned by someone involved in the lobbying. I'm not sure why this even needs to be exposed, surely no one actually thought it was credible.

https://twitter.com/NathanLee/status/826542953350914048

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Woe is me, the successful pub that pays too much tax!

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Actually you will note that the pub constantly runs at a loss because it desperately needs to remain open for some reason aside from making profit.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
I imagine the owner got the look by telling her he'd totally pay her more if it wasn't for company tax rates.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Watching Turnbull waffle on the press club thing today makes me wonder how he got a reputation as a good speaker.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

norp posted:

Watching Turnbull waffle on the press club thing today makes me wonder how he got a reputation as a good speaker.

oh god he's so bad.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

The Election's over Malcolm you tosser. If this line didn't worth the first few thousand times you tried it on it's not going to work this time.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

He seems to be back on script.

When I tuned in he was having to think pretty hard and kept restating sentences a lot, I think it was because talking about power industry stuff he can't just pull it out of his rear end because he doesn't believe in the party line.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

norp posted:

He seemed a lot more modern than Howard, stood out more than Brendan (who?) Nelson and then just had to compete against Tony Abbott freezing up like a robot given a paradox.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Libs pulled a good trick by pretending things would be different without Abbott at the helm. Too bad Turnbull fell for it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just another person we'll need to put on the list when it the revolution happens.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

norp posted:

Bigger words between ums and uhhs.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Cops are moving in to force homeless people away from Flinders Street Station, biggest train stop in Melbourne. Real big show of force from the police, lots of protestors too.

e: got claims of about 10 assaults by police and 2 arrests, not sure if that's referring to protestors or homeless people.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Feb 1, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Making homeless people criminals is clearly going to solve all their problems and be a benefit to society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

That's why we need to eliminate welfare so more people become homeless...

• Locked thread