Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Good News Everyone, you can stop buying bread at Baker's Delight

quote:

Bakers Delight workers, some on $8 an hour, are being kept on an outdated contract from the unpopular WorkChoices era that drastically reduces weekend penalty rates.

Fairfax Media has obtained payslips and store rosters from Bakers Delight revealing its staff – often teenagers – are routinely being paid vastly less than the minimum award rates for working weekend shifts in bakeries across Victoria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
The Health minister is on Borrowed Time.

Reddit post reports her other expenses

quote:

hey susan you scummy gently caress. While you are at it.

Explain the 1488 dollars you spent on a coffe machine for your office. when you have no visitors?.

Explain the 1700 you spent on a office chair.

Or the 1300 you spent framing a portait in ur office.

Or the 4500 you billed the taxpayer for new carpet in your office even though it was only redone in 2014.

Or the 797 dollars you expensed for a weekend at pullman magenta resort?. There is zero reason for a minister to be staying there. You had zero functions to attend yet you billed it as work.

I am so loving sick of this poo poo from both LNP and Labor but it seems to fall heavily to the LNP.

We owe the govt 67 bucks it's send in 2 commando to recalim it. Govt owes you a 4300 dollar tax rebate it's yeah when we are ready we will send it

Or the 276 dollars a night you expense when ur partner owns the rental unit u stay at

UPDATE:!! OKAY SHE TRUELY is a corrupt piece of poo poo.

She billed a 1800 dollar "FUNCTION" at her house for 8 people. on the taxpayer. i can see no one from the govt attended.

Claimed a work trip to melbourne with her partner yet never even apparnlty checked into the hotel she expensed

Oh wait sorry rogers pharmecuticals came...prob gave em a under table handy for a quick exit job when she leaves.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

gay picnic defence posted:

Pretty impressive by the Russians

If the FSB didn't have a tape, they will be sure to create such a tape shortly.

If the CIA dosn't have such a tape, they are telling Trump that they can create such a tape if needed. Don't touch their budget or power or there WILL be consequences.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
foster carers with 38 children notified of debt

quote:

How do you feel about the way the Government has handled this process?:

I don't know why my wife and I were targeted in this letter writing campaign. This has affected our family, foster kids included to not be able to get the parenting payment again. My question is simply, there are a lot of other people on the dole and all kinds of welfare that are undeserving of such payments. Why not go after them? There are so many people that are doing wrong...why not go after them? It took about 1 1/2 hours on the phone for the mess to be fixed. I don't remember the ladies name that I spoke with, but she was more than helpful. A few days ago, she sent me a letter that said that the matter had been resolved. Still, my wife and I should have not ever been flagged by Centrelink. I am not very happy with what Centrelink is doing.

And that is why they think it won't lose them the next election.

However, going after 1.7 million people over the next 18 months might be enough to do it. Then again, I guess Shorten's holiday is too important to interfere with.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I trust Cory Bernadi and Eric Abetz are calling for all Christian Political and Community leaders to this condemn this act.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Well well well. Who do we have here?

quote:

A whistleblower at Origin Energy has filed an explosive legal action that alleges the company's former chief executive and current president of the Business Council of Australia Grant King engaged in a massive cover-up at the energy giant.

The 66-page amended statement of claim filed in the Federal Court on Monday alleges a management cover-up that includes serious non-compliance with regulations relating to safety and the environment, hundreds of wells in Australia and New Zealand that hadn't been maintained for more than 10 years, leaks of oil and gas, contaminations, a failure to inform regulators or the ASX of breaches and the material altering of reports to the board on risk and compliance issues.

In at least one case the regulatory and legislative breaches were so serious they could have cost people their lives, the claim alleges. To fix some of the problems would have allegedly cost tens of millions of dollars.

What a coincidence. So, what's, the Business Council of Australia been calling for? Lower regulations and compliance rules perhaps?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
In further evidence that some corperations don't deseve your money - Pizza Hut Fair Work audit finds delivery drivers underpaid, franchisees breaching workplace laws.

Though at this point I'd like if someone had a list of food service companies that DON'T underpay their employees.

Also, Oracle help spend $240 million of money wasted in failed online portal, IBAC says.

quote:

A failed online project meant to connect students, teachers and parents at Victorian Government schools was corrupt, and cost the taxpayer between $127 and $240 million, the state's watchdog has found.

The Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC) said its investigation into the online portal Ultranet found senior education department staff were involved in corruption, mismanagement, improper spending and conflicts of interest.

The inquiry heard the project was a shambles, and after a cost blowout it was scrapped in 2013.

Though I guess that's not worth actually charging them for corruption, just the 3-4 guys in the Education department who took a few hundred thousand from it. Who could have predicted Oracle would steal a governments and tax payers money I ask you.

(That's the sort of thing the Greens should be on the radio complaining about. Labour and Liberal both hand a hand in it, they should be screaming about a waste of your money. $40 for each person in Victoria).

Finally, we should make May 4th the new National Holiday. There are probably more followers of that faith than some other national holidays we have.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
The Age is reporting that Trump said they would accept the Australian refugees.

I can't imagine that actually happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I've been to their head office (it's surprisingly small). It needs a renovation.

In other news, Trump *always* betrays and lets down those who relay on him. How will Trump let Turnball down?

• Locked thread