Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magog
Jan 9, 2010

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

quote:

"Israel is Jewish and democratic, unlike most Islamic countries.
Haha what the gently caress, OUR ANZACS as part of the vanguard of the Zionist movement.

I know what they meant but :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

I can't believe you took my idea, drat you Cartoon! :argh:

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

norp posted:

loving secret communists, have the temerity to question a capitalists right to steal government money

Fixed.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
After waiting 3 months to get Newstart I got a job a week before my first payment. I expect to receive a letter from Centrelink any day now.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
IMO at this rate people on welfare will be required to wear badges identifying them as leaners in 6 months.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
People are really falling over themselves to denounce Correct Statements™ lately. :shrug:

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Hearing ignorant pieces of poo poo like Left Renewal go on about how bringing the police into things doesn't help makes me want to scream, because YES IT loving DOES HELP. It can save lives.

Gorilla Salad posted:

I grew up in the 70s with a violently sadistic father who hospitalised my mother and myself on more than one occasion and simply beat us senseless more times than I could ever count. Having the police care just the once would have made a world of difference. Having them actually arrest him just once would have made an even bigger one. Just enough time for my mother to have fled somewhere he wouldn't have been able to find us and drag us back before he finally managed to totally destroy her soul.

So if reality was different than it actually is they'd be wrong then? Okay.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Recoome posted:

Yeah their position is lovely and this is a good clear-up post,

Agreed.

Still, I know laws have changed since the 70's-80's but my issue is "laws put in place to force police to act." are as good as the police are at following any proscription especially when it comes to helping people who are more disadvantaged.

What hope is there they consistently act when necessary when they can't won't stop death in their custody in spite the extreme conspicuity of that scenario.

Magog fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 16, 2017

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Quote is not edit.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

If I moved to an Islamic country and couldn't buy alcohol, or to Thailand and was advised to tone down my laconic aussie humour when discussing the king, the last thing I would do is interpret that as hostility.

Unaustralian drivel. Nobody is going to tell a true blue Aussie they can't buy a big cold beer and have that not taken as an act of belligerence. (I guess unless you're Mike Baird) We must protect citizens of Australia from this hostility wherever they are in the world.

I'm sure the US would be grateful if we finally create a pretense for military intervention in Iran. :australia::respek::911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Nibbles! posted:

Good Game got the chop :(

You're telling me we've been paying for that all these years?! :argh:

• Locked thread