Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
My best guess would be people who had to grow up in the shithole that was the Soviet Union telling their kids exactly how loving bad it was, and this being conflated into a general 'anything remotely leftist will ruin your country and kill millions' by post-Soviet governments. It's a misguided reaction to actual lovely things that happened, and being used as a bludgeon by autocrats like Putin against opposition.

Combine it with religious groups swinging back into power and you end up with 'kill the gay muslim commies before they take are jobs'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Anidav posted:

So is RDN the good guy or the bad guy here?

he is the politician, so he's in a state of superentangled good-badness until we collapse the wave function (by destroying capitalism)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Well I'm just gonna switch my plans to not buying it for the next five years then, eh? eh? get it? eh?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

norp posted:

Pretty sure the wii was $500aud on launch too

i distinctly remember my parents making the poor decision to purchase one for four hundred dollars from eb games, so no

e: gently caress that was a decade ago

gently caress!!!

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Zenithe posted:

Apparently I'm allowed to wear non standard uniform for Australia Day week. Anyone know any work appropriate shirts that show solidarity with Indigenous Australians that I could get in the next few days?

https://www.darkanddisturbing.com.au/shop/

Try some of these

'i see deadly people' is a personal favourite of mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

yeah i'm really loving confused by that bill leak cartoon, you have to read it really obtusely for it to not be critical of australia day???

• Locked thread