Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I used to make my face turn a deep purple by forcing all the blood into my head. I can't really remember the exact mechanism but I remember it involved tensing up all my muscles and like "focusing pressure" into my head. I remember it also shook my head a bit. Anyway it was a bit of a rush once you stopped and a fun little show-off trick that me and a couple friends would do from time to time. Until one friend and I decided to compete on who could go more purple in our terribly supervised high school art class one day. I ended up passing out, falling backwards out of my chair, and slamming my head into the corner of a bench behind me. I was apparently out for about 30 seconds while my best friend was frantically slapping my face and yelling to wake me up.

Ah to be young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Accurate.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Wasn't even after an illegal download so thanks Australia.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

open24hours posted:

What site was it?

torrentz.eu

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

You Am I posted:

That site has been dead for months anyway

That makes this less annoying. But far more funny.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
People need to start realising that the waiter rule works for immigrants, homosexuals, and every other minority or disadvantaged group too. The way people treat those they can get away with treating badly reflects who they are. People like Pauline will gently caress you every chance they get because they're just lovely people. It should not be a surprise to anyone.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
If Australia was a heist movie and the LNP was the bankrobbing outfit this would be the moment Turnbull angrily shout-whispers at Ley that they're there for the vault so stop stealing the customer's wallets and do her job.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Oh, a prominent Queensland businesswoman. Carry on then.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
It's extra depressing at how incompetent these people are. Just once I'd like to look up past the boot on my neck and stare into the cold dead eyes of ruthlessly competent evil. Just once I'd like to feel our oppressors earned their spoils through unassailable competence, and to know that the world could never have realistically escaped their clutches. Looking up to see yet another bunch of greedy incompetent clowns is just humiliating and degrading.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
That capitalism oversaw the spread of anime is its greatest crime.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

The Dark Project posted:

I've not received one yet, though I haven't been able to find anyone to hire me in years anyway. In the meantime, the demands by the JSA and Centrelink have caused me to have a breakdown twice. And now I've been diagnosed with MS, so bring on more shite, it's not like I'm not used to it by now.

Can you get on Disability from that? Getting on disability and off newstart was literally the best thing to ever, and will ever, happen to me in my entire life. The difference is literally life changing.

In a very tragic form of irony my experiences with Centrelink helped develop an anxiety disorder severe enough that I was eventually able to claim disability. Then after about a year of disability I was able to function enough like a human being again to work. Seriously they spent a decade hounding me and making me jump through hoops under the fictional excuse of getting me back into the workplace and all they had to do was leave me alone so I could catch my breath. After a decade of what Centrelink had done to me getting out from under it literally felt like I had stepped into a fantasy world. As if I had stepped into a world of fiction I had only read about. I'd marvel at myself shopping in the supermarket and walking down the street during the day while cars and people go by. "I'm buying eggs motherfucker! Eggs! At a supermarket! Look at me put these eggs in my basket like a person!" I'd listen to people talk and be amazed that people's conversations did actually sound a bit like they do on TV. Seriously, if I woke up in Middle Earth tomorrow it'd feel passe. I also got a multi-thousand dollar payday from the ATO when I finally put in the backdated "I didn't earn anything leave me alone" forms so they paid me back all the non-lodgment fees they took from me over the years. I still can't remember how I managed to pay off those fines while on a payment that pays less than the poverty line AND missing many payments due to not being able to make myself go to Centrelink. That entire decade kinda blends together into a fuzzy mass.

It's basically why I didn't reply about the Centrelink story request. My experiences were loving dark. It involves such stories as only not killing myself because I had already made a doctor's appointment before Centrelink cut me off and when I went out of obligation my doctor literally said the words "you don't have to go to Centrelink for 2 weeks so give me until then ok?" to pull me from the edge. I loving hate that place and still mentally picture the LNP as an existential threat. Abbott talking poo poo about people on disability a few days back sent a PTSD-like jolt of panic down my spine.

That went on a bit so sorry about that, but seriously look into disability. It's so much better if you're suffering mentally from what Centrelink does to you on Newstart. They will probably tell you "oh they've just changed how this works" or "but it's changing soon so I don't know" a lot but I'm sure you're used to that by now.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Yeah that feeling of guilt and shame is what they want you to feel. If the government really wanted people to have jobs they'd set up an organisation to straight up link employers and employees instead of this requiring boilermakers (I ran into more than a few of these looking for work) and whatnot learning interviewing and resume writing skills they will never use on their actual jobs. The way we do it is terribly inefficient even before you get into the morality of it. But it's not designed to help people find work, or even help employees find workers, it's designed to grind down your pride so you'll never realise you deserve far more than you get. The whole of society is backwards and it's nothing to do with you. I know it's tough with all the propaganda but hopefully knowing the obstacles set up in front of you and the knowledge that there are people out there that know it's not your fault helps you keep your head up.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
At least it's thoroughly labelled.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I'm torn between wanting to spare people the stress and annoyance of dealing with all those bullshit Centrelink letters and wanting all those people to get mad as hell from having to deal with all those bullshit Centrelink letters.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Mr Chips posted:

That's the obvious role for it, but it doesn't do that very well at all. If you have variations of your name with different departments, you can't link services without first individually contacting each department to update your name. Ideally, MyGov would be the identity provider that does this for you. (And for extra fun, once you've given the ATO, centrelink etc the same name, you'll need to unlink and re-link each service with mygov to update the name that these services provide mygov.)

Yeah names can be fun. "Oh I'm sorry we can't do this for you because your license says <first> <middle> <last> whereas we have you down as <first> <last>." loving...

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Where does one watch such things live on a computer?

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Turnbull seemed pretty drat shook.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I hope the Switch is bad. I hope it sinks Nintendo. Nintendo is a terrible company that deserves to fail for its constant fuckups, hubris, and stupidity. I know that describes every big games industry company but it's surely got to be their turn to reap the IP firesale by now.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

hiddenmovement posted:

I would have saved my rage for a company that is actually destructive and awful but to each their own

I think I already made it clear that it has to have been their turn by now. If so then their continued existence would be causing a pile-up of karmic justice. And we can't have that going into the next elections or we're in big trouble. So Nintendo must die.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Real talk the only thing I hope for the Switch is that it either has a worthless exclusive library or a great exclusive library. I don't need another PS4 situation where it's either adding over a hundred dollars to every game I'd buy it for or making it so I don't play them.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
"it is only proper that Kelly’s crimes be accurately acknowledged at historic sites and on websites"

Is it as important as acknowledging the genocide of the Aboriginal people, our country's greatest crime? Oh nvm, I see that it was technically not genocide. Whew, glad we cleared that up. Wouldn't want to get in the way of damning the actions of some random dude who never had any real power and has been dead for over a century.

I didn't even know about the above article's existence before I googled it. But sometimes you just know something's gonna exist if you look for it.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

The Peccadillo posted:

Until very recently, it was cool and normal to beat and rape your wife and children

I'm not sure it was ever cool and normal to rape your children. :banjo:

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Right wingers complaining about people not integrating is just as ironic as when they complain that government doesn't work.

Although I do think multiculturalism is a really dumb idea because it implies that every culture is some clearly defined unique thing and that we won't all just have our ancestral cultures bleed into each other. Australia wasn't a monolithic culture to begin with as anyone can learn just moving around a single state, let alone across states. People don't want to live in a multicultural society but every nation on loving earth that didn't go all totalitarian on their culture essentially qualifies, but somehow everyone thought our differences should be labelled differently.

Futuresight fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 17, 2017

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
As far as I'm concerned anybody who grew up during the drought-driven sprinkler bans isn't even really Australian. If your early childhood summers didn't consist of you loving around with a green plastic tube with holes in it hooked up to garden hose you can gently caress off out of my country.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I have rewarded your pathetic cry for posts in your thread by providing a lovely post from me. This does not constitute an ongoing commitment to post in your thread.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Man. It's so rare for a group of people to refuse pandering and say no this is not just about us, this is about an underlying issue. Impressive as poo poo.

No credit to the racists who got it taken down for their own reasons though.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
What are the aborigines doing to that poor man the rest of the year that he desperately needs one aborigine-free day?

My bet's on existing.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Michaelia Cash's voice and mannerisms make her seem like a character she'd pull out whenever she's playing a useless administrator on a sketch show.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I literally didn't know what the CFA dispute was about until WhiskeyWhiskers' post just above. And I saw that Michaelia Cash interview at the time. I don't know if they had terrible messaging because it was dumb issue, or if they had deliberately fuzzy messaging because if it wan't fuzzy it would be clear what utter nothing it was.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
So when the 2nd American civil war kicks off do you think our government sits back or do they throw us in the meat grinder to help the pro-Trump side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
The question starts at 32:50.

• Locked thread