Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

Zenithe posted:

Abomination unto the lord iirc

Don't sign your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

Starshark posted:

Yeah, let's kick the pensioners. Kick the fuckers to the dirt.

Somehow I doubt that notion extends to his parliamentary pension.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

gay picnic defence posted:

I agree with him. gently caress old people

I mean sure, if that's what you're into

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
Fair enough, my 30 second google for parliamentary pension didn't tell me that, not that I looked very hard.

He's still getting 20 30 grand a year (the Commonwealth pays 15.4% instead of the mandatory 9.something) in super on top of his parliamentary salary of 200 grand.

efb

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

ewe2 posted:

the word from on high today is forbidding actual people helping with it

DATA-MATCHING PROGRAM (ASSISTANCE AND TAX) ACT 1990 - SECT 11 posted:

(1) Subject to subsections (1A), (1B) and (4), where, solely or partly because of information given in Step 1, 4 or 6 of a data matching cycle, an assistance agency considers taking action:
(d) to recover an overpayment of personal assistance made to;
a person, the agency:
(e) must not take that action unless it had given the person written notice:
(ii) stating that the person has 28 days from the giving of the notice in which to show cause orally or in writing why the action should not be taken; and

(5A) If a person responds orally to a notice, the person receiving the oral response must make a written record of the response and note on the record the date of the response.

welp

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School
I had to get my Medicare linking sorted out recently. I've had my short name registered with Medicare for as long as I can remember because the full version doesn't fit on the card.

Resident Idiot posted:

The data matching act only covers where a TFN is used for matching, though- Centrelink does a ton of matching just using personal identifiers like name and DOB. Chances are this new debt stuff isn't under that legislation.

I figured I was missing something :(

ewe2 posted:

Technically its regulation which doesn't have to reference the Act, but doesn't mean it's not subject to it. You can't simply write different regulations and contradict an Act.

Yeah but sadly if they are explicitly not matching on TFNs then this isn't subject to that Act. Anyone know what they're actually matching on for this dragnet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

norp posted:

So have the nutjob brigade come out blaming the SA power outages on green power yet?

Their power's still out, give it time.

• Locked thread