Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
First thread of the year and its all toilet talk - seems about right.
I didn't need another reason, but yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

AgentF posted:

What's the first reason?
It's overpriced poo poo, which ties in well with the current theme of the thread I guess.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Half of me says that's a stupid and dangerous act that not only destroyed property and could have also endangered lives.

The other half wants to high five him.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Konomex posted:

Important and possibly earth-shattering question:

Has anyone actually see Assange and Putin in the same room at the same time?
Unless you're Ecuadorian I dunno if Assange has been in the same room at the same time with anyone.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Cartoon posted:

What to attach it to next?
An App!

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/report-litter/id483072539?mt=8

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
That's funny. The whole thing was farce so they might as well run with it.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

A bunch of law students get smartarse over a computer lab clearly designed as a safe study space for a very discriminated group.

During the case they all get high paying jobs due to notoriety AND free lawyers.

Meanwhile the group loses their computer lab and QUT social media makes a bucket of memes about Aboriginals.
You're missing the bit about an attempt to cash in with a complicit HRC that turned it into a complete circus.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Recoome posted:

you're missing the bit where incidents such as these reflect broad systematic discrimination against non-white people. People aren't just mad about being "offended", it's actually more than that
So you're basically saying the whole case was a beat up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

You Am I posted:

Boring nobody Vic State Liberal Leader Matthew Guy makes a statement saying that Melbourne could become the Johannesburg of the Pacific due to the issues with youth justice, pisses off South African leaders

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jan/27/victorian-opposition-leaders-comments-unfortunate-says-south-africas-anc
As they don't vote in Victorian elections I'd say he's okay with that.

• Locked thread