Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

AgentF posted:

What's the first reason?

it's overpriced and not very good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They've already done articles about how many DSP recipients living overseas, so if I'd put money on that being targeted first.

You get kicked off DSP if you stay overseas longer than a couple of months. So technically you can't actually do that.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The point below it seemed funnier.
'If the varied greatly during the year, the result may be incorrect'

Sound like it would describe anyone between jobs and relying on new start...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Higsian posted:

Wasn't even after an illegal download so thanks Australia.

The federal police have been notified and are on their way.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Embattled Health Minister

It begins.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Ley did nothing wrong.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

Again and again the Greens have fallen into the trap of believing anti-capitalist, anti-establishment politics aren’t popular with the electorate. But as people continue to suffer under austerity and consecutive conservative governments, this myth quickly starts to unravel. Young people inheriting a broken welfare system, a broken housing market, years of unemployment and catastrophic climate change realise the failures of capitalism. They realise the political elite can no longer smooth out market inconsistencies and that the system has always been rigged against them. For both Gen Y and Millennials, capitalism offers no future, and liberalism’s refusal to address the structural problems leading to this bleak horizon offers no hope.

The Greens were always bad. Push Left Renewal.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Cartoon posted:

Also note how the process is to sell the debt to private enterprise at the earliest opportunity.

It's agile, disruptive and innovative.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Higsian posted:

Where does one watch such things live on a computer?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/abcnews24/

They typically broadcast big political press conferences live.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:salt:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

People are getting sick of politicians starting off with one set of policies and then jumping ship to support another
:ironicat:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm glad of it.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

eXXon posted:

I just came by to laugh at how the outrage over this Australia Day lamb ad is apparently because it's too politically correct, ok bye.

I thought last year the campaign manager was talking up how great the ads were. So I guess instead of doubling down on political incorrectness, they've decided to flip the script and do an edgy politically correct ad. That way they can still cause controversy and drive 'engagement', while avoiding allegations of exploiting something sacred for personal gain (while still doing exactly that).

:discourse:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

BBJoey posted:

organisational units in the APS have staffing limits, and if you go over the senior executive gets very mad because it looks bad for them. contractors don't count towards those staffing limits. why? ~john howard~

I'll have you know that John Howard was a good man, and perhaps Australia's greatest leader.

*was born in 1999*

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I had to google that quote to make sure it was real. You can bet it will never happen if he gets elected though.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Anidav posted:

Hello, the debt collection is about to be expanded upon pensioners

OPEN THE BLOOD GATES

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

open24hours posted:

What are some alternative options?

Close the Science faculty because clearly they are a bad choice for a degree.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Spending money on billboards is slacktivist neoliberalism and was already bad before the racists latched onto it :smug:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Uber isn't actually any cheaper once you factor in the amount being subsided through operating losses. You can't keep losing $3 billion a year on $5.5 billion of revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

old man is old.

• Locked thread