Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

The crossbench senator wants the payment to be viewed as welfare — not an entitlement for taxpayers once they reach a certain age.

"We really have to get over this idea that you don't have to save for your own retirement and your own old age," he said.

He continued his calls for the family home to form part of the assets test for pensions.

The Government has been defending its changes to the pension during the summer holidays, as Labor ramped up their calls to have it reversed.

Senator Leyonhjelm said Australians should "reinforce the notion" that "when you retire you will only receive the pension if you're poor and its nothing to be proud of".

Yeah, let's kick the pensioners. Kick the fuckers to the dirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Solemn Sloth posted:

Pensioners are bad and so are their opinions and voting habits

Apparently it's nothing to do with their age and everything to do with that generation being fuckwits, so hopefully things will improve when they die off. I'd say 'it'd be nice to have a pension when I get to their age' but otoh lol I should live so long.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

open24hours posted:

They're no worse (or better) than any other generation. If the people who are young now were young then we'd be in exactly the same situation.

I've never seen you put up a source in your life and I'm not about to waste my time by asking now, so here's my source (there are others, it's just the first one I picked up).

http://theconversation.com/hard-evidence-do-we-become-more-conservative-with-age-47910

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
All in all, a good week for the LNP. Lots of good optics.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

Ms Bishop, who was herself forced to resign after claiming $5227 in taxpayer-funded expenses for a helicopter ride to a Liberal Party fundraiser, said Ms Ley's critics were ideologically motivated and fuelled by the "Twitterati" and 24-hour news.

Wasn't it a newspaper that usually fellates the LNP (ie, the Herald Sun) that broke the story?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Can someone post First Dog to save me looking for it. :effort:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

You Am I posted:

Hunt went on a huge spiel that he knows about healthcare because his mother and wife are/were nurses. Yeah, okay, but you're still a Liberal scum who wants to see Medicare stripped back, if it isn't killed off entirely.

"I'm a science teacher so I know a bit about major surgery."

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Bronwyn Bishop needs to get help for her monomania.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Give me the sick own av, I'm sick of Turnbull.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I want to be owned too cool, sane and normal guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I've never been so glad that I don't work for Centrelink any more. I used to hate it when parents called about losing their pension because their youngest was turning 16, it's just a nightmare now. And now with these sub-moronic debts. Yeesh.

• Locked thread