Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Jade Rider posted:

So in one of my randos, one of the Level X0 Magic enemies had innate Runic. That was fun. :shepicide:

:stonk:

I was considering bringing in Caesar to see if he'd still pull out random blitzes. It's too bad I have no reason to go back to that horrid place whatsoever.

FeyerbrandX posted:

e: and just for those who haven't played the game, and since liquidy didn't show it. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE FROM FIGHTS IN THE TOWER, excluding the Magic Pot encounter

Actually, that may have come up either in the hour of cut footage, or somewhere in the hyper speed up with Spinach Rag playing over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 33 - Jack's Back :siren:

It's almost time to re-establish the rules of nature in the world of FF6. We finished up all the extraneous goodies on the world of ruin, so now I'm going to have to start planning out how I want to tackle Kefka's tower. I don't want to do it, but it has to be this way.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Well that's, uh, interesting. Turns out our buddy Fabr from the World of Balance triangle island also had innate interceptor. The things we'd know if I paid any attention :v:

Speaking of me being unable to hold my attention anywhere important for too long, it may have been prudent to mention that FeyerbrandX is going on vacation soonish. That means we're taking a two-week break from posting updates! I swear I didn't plan on doing this immediately before Kefka's tower! Really though, Feyer was actually pushing me to get more recorded so we could take care of commentary and finish this up before he left, but I'm a lazy shitter, so that didn't quite work out.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 34 - It's ???? :siren:

We're back! FeyerbrandX and wife are back from their two week long bender, and we have a special guest for the final dungeon! Yeah, I got Tyty in my video. Pulled some strings. Called in some favors. No big deal.

I totally, absolutely, 100% do not get lost at all in this video. Also, we totally use more than two parties. Yep.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 35 - Secretly Into Beyblades :siren:

Tyty rejoins us as we continue to delve deeper into Kefka's Exdeath's Memoria Tower. Atma gets Atma Weapon'd, skeletons have way too many skulls, and buttons vex me.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 36 - Oh, It's a Rat Stack :siren:

Tyty bears with us as I continue to fumble around the tower. We fight a couple bosses, I forget how an obvious button puzzle works, and I take advantage of an in-engine exploit to basically no profit whatsoever.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 37 - Live Free or Bum Hard :siren:

We fight all three of the goddess statues in this episode! It goes, uh, poorly. Maybe. Also I am sick and tired of these huge zones with tons of doors to check.

Youtube may still be processing as of this post, so give it a few minutes if you want HD.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 38 - My Gilgamesh Cosplay :siren:

We're finally done faffing about in Kefka's tower! I don't get a chance to experiment with what to do about Goddess' zombification nonsense, and we get a sneak peek at the party I use for Kefka himself.

Artix posted:

Hold my beer.

Oh boy. Unrelated, but Demerine totally took a snipe at you in this video, by the way. A totally rude snipe at around 27:18 :v:

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 39 - [Insert Crazed Laughter Here] :siren:

This is it. The finale.

We had a lot of good times in this LP, but I think it's safe to say that I'm never, ever going to LP another Final Fantasy game. Stay tuned for a hypothetical, possible followup video: a post-mortem discussing our impressions of the randomizer itself a little more in-depth, hosted by FeyerbrandX. Maybe. I spent this whole time herding kittens, now it's his turn :v:

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Now it's super duper officially done! FeyerbrandX hosted a stream last night, and now the recording is on youtube. Say hello to the Beyond Chaos FF6 Randomizer Post-Mortem!

It's still got some stream setup hanging out in the early video, but just skip to maybe four to six minutes in and that'll get you closer to us actually doing the stream.

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 25, 2017

• Locked thread