Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The romhacks that were recommended in the main megaman thread were two Rockman 6 hacks, Rockman 6 Innocent and Rockman Skype. Didn't get too far in them before they got buried in my folders somewhere - as much as I like the series, I'm bad at megaman - but they were pretty good hacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
This cx guy seems lame, can we be quick man instead

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Why Morph Moth's stage music
Also this game has too many unhelpful gimmick weapons

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
slowbeef has a video up of "conker's high rule tail"
doesn't sound like he likes it

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
dragging in another offsite stream: have you ever thought "mega man x is too easy, it needs more precise jumps and spikes and lava everywhere"? Here's Smite playing through Kaizo Mega Man X Mega Man X hardtype.

Smite has some real platforming skills and learns really quickly. I haven't watched all of it, but he does apparently beat it eventually and there is some hilarious poo poo like what Flame Mammoth now does.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
The one Mario Hack I've seen people talk about, the one about Call of Cthullu (I intended to get to playing it mysefl...), hadlayer 2 scrolling like this but it looked a lot smoother when I saw it played through - it was continuously moving instead of this stop and go up a vertical level. The gimmick is doable, but the Lovecraft hack seemed better designed.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
It's been a while, but I remember a free scrolling part that actually looked interesting.

I neither know OBS nor am good at even normal Mario, but it's a pretty well known hack. Maybe someone will show it off at some point. It's only an hour or so to play through.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
At least there was no layer 2 or 3 tomfoolery

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
what happens if you turn into an animal with a barrel and then jump on a crate?
is the game about to process animals riding animals or does it crash or what.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Bellmaker posted:

Or even a Mega Man style refight setup (aka ONE drat SCREEN).

Not possible under vanilla. Pipes are given destinations per screen according to the commentary.

It seems to me like mos tof the levels were inoffensive except for that ice level, just that it was the wrong time to be presented with them. Like they probably shouldn't have even attempted to the mushroom gimmick. None of them would even be that much easier with a fire flower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Commander Keene posted:

A bullet hell quawks level.

• Locked thread