Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Hi I'm [INCONSISTENT USER NAME ON ALL ACCOUNTS] and me n' my friend are paly Pokemon.

Chaos Edition?
This is Pokemon Black version run through the Universal Pokemon Randomizer with most of the boxes ticked.

Does this count as a romhack?
It's a modification of the code of a video game rom, so yeah.

So what boxes did you tick?
-Base Stats are completely randomized, though they will fall under the original Base Stat Total (BST).
-EXP curve is normalized so everything will level up at the same rate.
-Stat Randomization ordering will follow the evolutionary line.
-BSTs will be changed to the updated totals from future games in the series, so things like Pidgeot and Beedrill will have a few more points to work with.
-Pokemon will evolve into ANYTHING as long as they share a type, and will more than likely evolve into something of a similar strength to what they would normally evolve into in an unmodified game.
-Also the types of Pokemon and all moves are changed. Type effectiveness remains the same as the base game.
-Pokemon Abilities are randomized. Wonder Guard will appear. Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Magnet Pull, Truant, Slow Start, and Defeatist will not.
-Starters will all be randomized, as long as they can evolve 2 more times.
-Static Field Pokemon are randomized (Legendary Pokemon will always be a random Legendary Pokemon, Non-legendaries will always be non-legendary)
-Trades are completely random
-Moves, on top of having new typing, will also have random Power, Accuracy, PP, and damage type Category (Physical/Special)
-Movesets are randomized completely as well, with weaker moves generally being learned first.
-All Pokemon start with 4 Moves.
-Trainers have random Pokemon with type-themed teams.
-life is a hell we can never escape without losing everything
-Trainers will have different names and class names, and will always have Fully Evolved Pokemon after level 45.
-Every Pokemon on a route will be replaced with a new Pokemon, and will repeat infrequently in the hopes that duplicates on routes will be uncommon.
-No legendaries will appear in the wild outside of normal event locations.
-All Wild Pokemon have their held item tables randomized.
-All TMs and their compatibility will are randomized. All HMs can be learned by everything so that we can't get stuck.
-All Items on the overworld are randomized entirely.
-FASTEST TEXT SPEED, WHICH BREAKS SOME DIALOGUE BOXES HELL YEAH LET'S GO

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3

also these will be edited down heavily for episodes where there is not constantly new stuff happening, I know how tedious watching an uncut Pokemon LP can be and I won't subject you all to that

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Jade Rider posted:

The audio seems really quiet, both game and commentary. Any way you could turn it up in the future?

I can try. Unfortunately I don't have a good mic that doesn't pick up a TON of noise and if I have the volume of the game up all the way it drowns me out.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Pokemon Black Chaos Edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JVGLg4u1B0
In which discover that we're too tired to be recording but we keep going anyway

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F88BJoLqjLI
Pt 3. Sorry if it's a little quiet again. The audio's gonna be mildly hosed up until the second session. Anyway we encounter this drat rear end rock.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 24, 2018

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Hey thanks for the critique. Honestly the clip at the end of episode 2 was because I literally had no idea how to end that episode and didn't have a good opportunity to put something better there because I only have so many opportunities to upload in a week. Episode 3's clip was to attempt to provide some context for why we kept talking about a drat rear end rock, but I understand that in trying to trim it down to keep it punctual it also lost a lot in translation. And yeah I did completely miss the conversation. It's okay, feel free to lock er on up, I'll figure out what my long term plan is for this nonsense tomorrow.

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3852617

Aight, made a new thread. Thanks for the input, hopefully by the next recording session I'll have resolved our audio problems.

• Locked thread