Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

Which I say, then I reach the Al-Koopa Training Camp with the exploding koopas.

Ah, the early days of ROM Hackin-

quote:

Release Date: February 2015

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I'm curious to try it but I know it's most likely filled with annoying (and required) walljumps and bombjumps that every hacker loves throwing in. :negative:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
So I tried playing Mission Rescue and holy poo poo I got stuck right after getting the missiles.

EDIT: Morphball requires you to chase a missile so it hits a door. This ROM Hack is loving stupid.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 20, 2017

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

FPzero posted:

Also, I appreciate that you're approaching the hack from the perspective your described. I've always held the idea that the romhacks I make should still be accessible to new players instead of the niche audience that I know will be the ones to play it so I can completely relate to your mindset here. I hope my tips are helpful going forward.

I wish Super Metroid hackers would understand this. :negative: I've figured out that walljumping is their excuse for "I don't know how to do platforming."

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
There is Sonic 3 Complete. It's Sonic 3 & Knuckles hacked together so you can play the acts in their original intended order on top of playing the final Sonic levels as Knuckles.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
It looks like something that looks like hell to play; just because you're exploiting a glitch to do anything.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Cheez posted:

I feel as if that section with the "greyscale" water isn't intended, because I've never seen it like that and I'm aware that there's multiple versions of the rom because one doesn't play nice with certain emulators. I've never seen the glitchy lines, either. The way I remember it, it was orange-ish water like before, but each screen was "clearer" than the previous one.

That was at the start of the level, when Megaman is running through the poo water.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Prav posted:

staff invasion would've been improved immensely by just splitting it into nine levels

That would defeat the purpose of the "Void".

But I agree, the Void is stupid.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
My criteria for Metroid hacks is if you have to use tricks to progress than you're no good.

gently caress your required infinite bomb jumps. And walljumps as well. :argh: Learn proper platforming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Thanks for posting that video; the one on Kotaku was filled with the streamer getting interrupted by poo poo like "prettyO prettyO prettyO" over and over again. :ughh:

Why aren't the normal safeguards in place for Super Metroid since you appear to always start there? Or is that one of the future plans?

• Locked thread