Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

That I Hope I Win guy has watched too many fangames. Great LP though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

tiistai posted:

That was Red's battle theme, originally from Gold and Silver

Is the rest of that music from anything? I couldn't tell if it was meant to be some weird Harry Potter adaptation, but it sounds pretty bad. And then the creator decides to use an instantly recognizable Pokemon theme for the boss fight? It's a lot of strange choices.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

That bad future level gave me some very strong Super Meat Boy vibes. The second level was just bad all the way through. It felt like the level creator kept getting better and better at their level while they tested it, so they kept adding poo poo to make it even more challenging until you got both that porcupuffer section and the non-transparent fog as the conclusions of that idea.

Yeah, I felt the same way about the first level. We got to the forest fire and sawblades and rotating sawblades and wow I'm back in the Dark World! Hey, there's a solution to the first level having too many parts: scrap the Sonic CD gimmick and adopt a Super Meat Boy gimmick instead. Merge the Good Future and the first part of the forest, and then do the midpoint trick, and then when you enter again you're in the dark world forest all of a sudden :v:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Cheez posted:

If you've been paying attention, it's about the fact people are overreacting about such a simple thing.

You know what, nevermind. Oh kings of romhacks, I bow down to you and your superior ideas about what is fun and not fun. Clearly there can be no other opinions.

Dude, you are super weird

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I agree with the other dudes, the mushroom thing is a strange design choice. If you know how the whole thing works then it makes sense: you just go through the areas as small Mario, and if you hit an area that is giving you trouble, you make the choice to burn one of your mushrooms and go in as Big Mario. That's totally fine, but I expect most people didn't really understand that expectation.

Also, personal opinion, but that music track is godawful. Is it from an anime or something? It sounds terrible, like someone tried to cover a bad synthwave song in the Mario soundfont.

edit: having said that, I think you guys recorded this too late at night because everyone seems low energy and too salty about things

edit2: and another thing, which sadist designed pipeland in such a way that you can't just easily run and jump from entrance to entrance instead of having to hop around like an rear end in a top hat

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 5, 2017

• Locked thread