Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

":psyduck: How do you make a book out of mushrooms?" :laffo:
Real fortunate equipment rolls. I can only imagine how frustrating this would be if the boots were incredibly complicated to acquire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FredMSloniker posted:

I remember someone made a Mario hack (Mario 1, that is) where anything you did that earned you points killed you (with the exception of hitting the flagpole). I don't know if you could actually finish it or not.

It's doable.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Let's Play Link to the Past Randomized with CirclMastr and Combat Lobster
Episode 3
So begins the eternal quest for the Lamp.

Is there the chance it'd downgrade your tempered sword if you went for either of the upgrades?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Garbonix posted:

SMRPG Hack: Reserve_22 (1/2)

Today for you the thread of Romhacks, I have a hack of Super Mario RPG for the SNES. I am not alone on this with me is Miz Kriss.
This hack starts from the beginning of the game with throwing us into a completely different area.

:psyduck: Why are there approximately six dozen battles in the opening area? An (admittedly interesting) puzzle room with no fail state...that leads to a room with a 2/3 chance of sending you backwards? A bullet sponge crystal enemy that consisently uses a move that halves your offense output? Is this SMRPG ROM hack codenamed Dick Move Edition?

I'll give them credit, so far the dialogue looks pretty spot on as far as tone. SMRPG's one of my favorite games so I'm hoping there's more of the character development/dialogue moving forward.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

liquidypoo posted:

:siren: Let's Randomize Final Fantasy 6! :siren:

Oh my god this is fantastic :allears:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Decided to (try to) play along and, uh, good luck :psyduck:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Commander Keene posted:

I can see why they'd let you switch between the Flute and the Shovel at will, but is there any point to using the Boomerang once you've gotten the Magical Boomerang?

Presumably the method that originally upgraded the Regular to Magic Boomerang gives you a different item, so you need to have access to the regular boomerang in order to go down that line & get whatever item is there.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:stare: There's items in all those random boxes and barrels in South Figaro? I've played this game a half-dozen times and never knew about any of those.

e: holy poo poo R-Nuke who the gently caress put Let's Break The Game into one easy to use command because I want to be their friend forever :allears: I'm glad I gave this seed a second chance after half of Mt. Koltz decided to show off their instakill moves a couple nights ago on my first go-round.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 17, 2017

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Let's Play Link to the Past Randomized with CirclMastr and Combat Lobster
Episode 8

The mystery of the missing key is solved.

"I need the bug catching net so I can harvest faeries!"
*gets bug catching net*
*spends 450 rupees to fill all bottles with red potions*

I mean I get it, healing is better than no healing & you have no real use for money & a fuckton of money to not use anyway, the timing of it was just amusing.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

slightly less bullshit

*immediately starts randomly falling into holes and is shot by lasers while invisible*
Shows just how bullshit it was before.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

You used so many Tonics right before the free ghost buffet!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

liquidypoo posted:

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 8 - We Get It, You Vape :siren:

Special guest Keyboard_Vomit joins us as we partake in the finer arts. We're very highly cultured.

He's not a bad gambler! I mean, he's rich enough to afford the world's only airship. Setzer doesn't take you along because he's a bad gambler, he takes you along because he respects the fact that he got outsmarted twice (once via lookalike & once via two-headed coin) & the sheer balls it took to even try such a zany scheme.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

liquidypoo posted:

I'm kinda curious what you ran into! I figured I would have seen it by now, but there hasn't been anything mind blowingly hard in the path of progress yet.

The period without Chichi where you have no reliable way to heal wrecked me because the sprite changes hosed with my ability to remember what part of the game I was in & I forgot it was coming :downs: So yeah, the part of the game where you had 99 Tonics I tried to get through with about 5.

This also coincided with a bit where I kept forgetting to savestate and then Crusadering myself into oblivion.

The third progress hurdle is something Feyerbrand mentioned in the roundup: anybody who doesn't have magic in one of their 4 slots can't cast spells, which sucks when you end up in an area that casts Imp and you haven't stocked up on green cherries. Or when you do a bunch of esper grinding only to realize that you taught a bunch of people spells they can't cast.

So tl;dr: don't go into this randomizer expecting to play exactly like you always do because it doesn't work

e: also regular Dice in this randomizer do a respectable amount of damage if you spec Gendo out to be a physical attacker (Hyper Wrist & Genji Glove for 2x Dice until you get the Offering tears things up)

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 7, 2017

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FeyerbrandX posted:

Jean currently is low across the board, his magic is terrible, which is really sad to see from the guy who ate a gem box.

Extra fun: because his skill is X Magic and not just Magic, he can't cast anything outside of battle.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FPzero posted:

It's this stuff:

Definitely not instant coffee. It's exactly like chocolate syrup in bottles except it's coffee-flavored syrup. Goes great on ice cream too. I gotta get my friend to mail some to my brother because he'd probably go crazy for it.

How is it the official state drink of Rhode Island, but more importantly how have I never heard of this product before and thank god for the internet so I can acquire some

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Yeah, you can come back as soon as you get the airship and get Chichi now that you've done step 1. I don't know what the actual flags are because I always walk down here with Celes & Sabin and come back immediately after getting the airship because Terra's usually my strongest character and I want her available ASAP

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Storm Dragon totally had a 65k HP pool. Along with auto-haste and auto-protect.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

liquidy equip the Gem Box :allears:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

liquidypoo posted:

:siren: FF6 Rando Part 35 - Secretly Into Beyblades :siren:

Tyty rejoins us as we continue to delve deeper into Kefka's Exdeath's Memoria Tower. Atma gets Atma Weapon'd, skeletons have way too many skulls, and buttons vex me.

Atma's immune to stop! So many wasted turns! :argh:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

An amazing LP. Thanks to everyone involved, I loved every minute of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bombos melts Kholdstare's ice block in one hit, while the Fire Rod takes eight blasts. You emptied your magic on seven fire rod blasts & then switched to Bombos after chugging a green potion :negative:

It didn't end up mattering but still.

• Locked thread