Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vdate
Oct 25, 2010
I really quite enjoyed the level-design chat in the videos you've posted thus far! I hope more is forthcoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

This cx guy seems lame, can we be quick man instead

We won't get to be Quick Man permanently until Mega Man CX-4. (Or CX-2, in this case, given what the opening riffed on? Man, I dunno.)

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Oh my goodness I'd almost forgotten about this sketch. Thank you, The Frantics.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
There is a very quiet voice in the background at some points during this video that doesn't seem to correspond to any of the three commentators. Am I just imagining this, or did somebody step away from their mic, or what?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Something just occurred to me - does the emulator you're using support keystroke recording? If it does then in theory you can just recreate your footage using the emulator in case OBS freaks out.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Oh my god that twitch chat level was the most amazing thing I've ever seen

edit: Also:

tiistai posted:

Can't say I was expecting to hear Säkkijärven polkka in a video game

now I finally know what the name of that stupid piece of music is. I've found myself humming it many times throughout the past ten years but I never had any idea what it was called. Oddly enough I'm pretty sure the first time I heard it was have been in a video game of some sort! (That said I couldn't tell you for the life of me what game.)

double edit: Wait, yes I can! It's 'Hardcore of the North' from In The Groove!

vdate fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 21, 2017

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
The first one certainly appeared to be. As they're non-scored levels I guess it would make sense?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
OK, so I could get behind Cheat Man if it was a gimmick fight, where he'd cheat until you found a way to make him stop, whereupon the fight could begin for real, because a lot of the stunts the romhacker pulled there are actually really, really funny if they're only there as part of a 'stop the cheating' boss schtick. They became significantly less funny when it became clear that no, you have to fight him as is.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
You know, for what it's worth, besides the dick move at the end the spinjump challenge didn't really look unfair or anything. I feel like it would have been neat if it had maybe just been its own level?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

LogicalFallacy posted:

Well poo poo. I'm almost done watching Raocow's playthrough of this, and may God have mercy on your souls.

I have faith in FPZero. He's been involved-ish in the SMW community for years. Surely he has the wherewithal to make it through this... right?

I've also been watching Raocow's playthrough. It's surprisingly watchable, considering Raocow regularly commits virtually everything SA might consider an LP sin (singing, stream-of-consciousness/non sequitur commentary, filling dead air for the sake of filling dead air, etc.). Something about his consistent good cheer manages to carry the thing. I've gone no further than the thread has, though, because I enjoy the compare-and-contrast between the two sets of reactions, and FPZero and Tyty are considerably more concise in their responses to a level than he is.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

cis autodrag posted:

Wait, when did people turn on Raocow? He used to post threads in LP all the drat time and they were some of my favorites.

I don't think they did. I'm just saying that a lot of what he does would probably generally be considered bad form. I've seen a lot of people commenting on solo-commentary chattering to fill dead air (e.g. in MaterialConceptual's FFT) thread, and I get the sense stream-of-consciousness nonsense is generally frowned upon. As with most things, I guess it's only bad form unless you can make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
...I just now noticed that the single Forest of Illusion(?) tree next to Streamside has a X ) face as opposed to every other one having the Jack o' Lantern-esque face.

• Locked thread