Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
In defense of the BNW script, it truly has received quite a lot of tweaks since the older thread. The godawful Celes FC monologue not only was turned into inoffensive (if hasty) character development, and actually serves a gameplay purpose. The excessive swearing has been quite toned down, especially with Kefka, so now it's mostly just Setzer being a dick and Relm being a lil' sweary kid. The internet/referential humor I can't really defend (the extended ReadMe has 6500 words dedicated to listing and explaining every loving reference...), but most of it is thankfully limited to generic NPCs, side content and item descriptions... Okay, maybe not the Iron Maiden references, those are not sneaky in the slightest.

Oh, and the Dirty Undies, do have a purpose: they prevent random encounters in the mines so that Lv1 Terra doesn't get destroyed by post-Magitek Facility encounters.

Miacis fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!

Choco1980 posted:

why are randocasts halved from the back row, for instance?

Random casts are also affected by row in vanilla FF6, as they don't follow the rules of regular casts (they can't be Runic'd for instance), and act more like an Attack follow-up. I imagine the BNW guys could have made the casts independent from the row multiplier, but it'd probably also disable the Jump multiplier and auto-crit-for-MP multiplier they get, which would make rods and a couple endgame lances much less valuable.

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!

Mister Olympus posted:

My first thought was Elibean Nights, which is why I was thinking about text; I want to see how fanfic it is.
Like most GBAFE hacks, you can pop Elibian Nights into FEditor Adv's text editor, and grab all the text parts from there. All you'll need to do is clean out the formatting tags.

Otherwise, Arch himself might have a full script for you to borrow? When Zwingley and I LP'd his hack waaay back with the FE romhacks megathread, he was very helpful and enthused about it (to the point that he made me a beta-tester for the mod, apparently). Then again, I went into it very much overexcited and giving him free praise, so YMMV there.

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
And the boss theme is a faster version of Off To War, the "Danger encoming" dialogue music in Fire Emblem 3/12. It's a weird choice, but it works surprisingly well as a boss tune.

• Locked thread